FANDOM


  • Well what if he never really did, his Shikai's ability was hypnosis right, for all we know he never achieved bankai and just made everyone think he did!

    It's just something to think about :D

      Loading editor
    • Considering Aizen's potential and hunger for power, and the fact that he has mastered just about every other aspect of what a Shinigami should know, I can't imagine him not having achieved Bankai. Since Aizen should be able to mask his Bankai release, he might have used it without anyone realizing it. For example, when he was able to control Momo in FKT, and made her fight the other Shinigami, even though she had been critically wounded by Ayon earlier. With a power such as complete hypnosis is would be very difficult to tell the difference between Shikai and Bankai.

        Loading editor
    • Right, I had this same debate with someone before. It's inconceivable that someone would state they've reached the limit of a shinigami's abilities and yet, doesn't know Bankai.

        Loading editor
    • Well it's just a thought~

        Loading editor
    • I can't imagine someone as powerful as Aizen not having a Bankai. Aizen is someone who has transcended the boundaries of Shinigami and Hollow. It's unthinkable that he would not have a Bankai, something that countless Shinigami "lower-leveled" than him have.

        Loading editor
    • there are two possibilities maybe he does not want to use it or does not see the need (seeing that he believes that he is super strong) or that because of the hougyoku he cant use his bankai

        Loading editor
    • i suppose.

        Loading editor
    • Complete hypnosis is his bankai. The running water type (that creates illusions and tricks enemies into attacking each other) that Isane mentioned when she and Unohana first discovered his secret was his shikai. It just so happens that the shikai has to be be observed for the bankai to have any effect. He did say to them he was going to show them the true form of his zanpakuto, and I always thought when somebody talked about the "true form of their zanpakuto they were talking about its bankai state...ie "complete hypnosis". I'm not trying to be an ass like I'm certain this is the case, but it's a theory I've had for a while. I don't even think Kubo thought about this, but I wouldn't be surprised, if pressed, something like this would be his explanation.

        Loading editor
    • Rocconorth wrote: Complete hypnosis is his bankai. The running water type (that creates illusions and tricks enemies into attacking each other) that Isane mentioned when she and Unohana first discovered his secret was his shikai. It just so happens that the shikai has to be be observed for the bankai to have any effect. He did say to them he was going to show them the true form of his zanpakuto, and I always thought when somebody talked about the "true form of their zanpakuto they were talking about its bankai state...ie "complete hypnosis". I'm not trying to be an ass like I'm certain this is the case, but it's a theory I've had for a while. I don't even think Kubo thought about this, but I wouldn't be surprised, if pressed, something like this would be his explanation.

      So you say Kubo didn't think of something. So therefore in a story that WOULD NOT exist without Kubo. You say he is wrong?

      What?

      That is dumb. Very dumb.

      Azien lied about his shikai to get the other captains and LTs under his complete hypnosis.

      Complete hypnosis is his shikai.

        Loading editor
    • Just a theory jerkwad. I don't think Kubo ever thought about what Aizen's bankai could be. That's it. The running water that creates mist and causes enemies to attack each other sounds more like a shikai power, while the completely overpowered "complete hypnosis" sounds like the bankai extension of such a power. I think something like this would be a good retcon to explain why Aizen never displayed bankai...that all. I love this internet...you don't agree with someone so you call them dumb. Goes to show how many angry people there are out there. Yoda would say, "With anonymity comes great bravery and anger."

        Loading editor
    • i think that his shikai is cloaking and duplicates and other simple illusions (which is why shinji broke his illusions like a boss) and his bankai is perfect hypnosis

        Loading editor
    • Lucian balthazar99 wrote:

      shinji broke his illusions 
      

      That was not Shinji breaking Aziens illusion. Shinji was still under Aziens power. Azien just ended the illusion for the time being that Shinji was seeing.

      Did Azien break his own illusion back when he 1st revealed his true shikai to Isane and Unohana (due to it shattering without being attacked)? No that is just how his illsuion ends.

      Man i just don't understand some people. They just can not accept what is written in the manga and in interviews by the creator of that manga.

      Unfollowing this thread (so don't reply to me you can reply to the thread just i won't see it if you reply to me) i am sick of it spamming my alerts tab with these no no what is in the manga is wrong.

        Loading editor
    • i haven't seen any interviews so i only know what Kubo apparently said in interviews, jeez i'm just speculating overreact much

        Loading editor
    • There are other...implications. Somehow, he managed to distort Yhwach's sense of time. He seemed much different after his Villainous Breakdown... While Aizen having achieved Bankai is nigh undeniable, I am also assuming it is likely we have not seen it. Also... Reminder that the Hogyoku serves to fulfill the desires of its master. It sealed Aizen's zanpakuto and it is implied He Just Wanted to Be Normal. So... Maybe that is a way to grant his wish? Remove one of his most broken abilities?

        Loading editor
    • Aetheral wrote: There are other...implications. Somehow, he managed to distort Yhwach's sense of time. He seemed much different after his Villainous Breakdown... While Aizen having achieved Bankai is nigh undeniable, I am also assuming it is likely we have not seen it. Also... Reminder that the Hogyoku serves to fulfill the desires of its master. It sealed Aizen's zanpakuto and it is implied He Just Wanted to Be Normal. So... Maybe that is a way to grant his wish? Remove one of his most broken abilities?

      You know, i did wonder how the hell did he distract Ywach, if he was tied to a chair. When did he have time to release in front of him

        Loading editor
    • his zanpakuto could be fused with him because of the hokyoku hence why the blade desintegrated

        Loading editor
    • Hmm? What would that make him then?

        Loading editor
    • his final form is becoming perfect hypnosis, then he makes pretty much infinite Tsukoyomi at anyone looking at him. DUN DUN DUUUN!

        Loading editor
    • Aizen's Shikai was OP enough, quite frankly he doesn't even need a Bankai (but he does have one). Kubo probably couldn't think of something more OP to give Aizen but Aizen never even needed his Bankai, his Shikai already wrecked everyone. When Aizen's sword dissipated I just knew that was the end of him.. =/

        Loading editor
    • Maybe. His Bankai might go off the way and contradict the fact that according to Aizen, Yamamoto's zanpakuto overcomes his or something (correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, if he has one, can we assume its power is below that of Zanka no Tachi?

        Loading editor
    • i would say if aizen's shikai is hypnosis on that scale, we would see his bankai on the level of itachi from naruto.

        Loading editor
    • Shufly16 wrote: i would say if aizen's shikai is hypnosis on that scale, we would see his bankai on the level of itachi from naruto.

      Pity his shikai already surpasses itachi.

      His bankai would have to be on the level of "making illusions real" or something.

        Loading editor
    • what if his zanpakuto spirit knows how evil he is and wont talk to him so he uses the hokyoku to force kyoka suigetsu to do his bidding which is why it's hard to tell what release it is in and why it disintegrated when the hokyoku rejected him

        Loading editor
    • Lucian balthazar99 wrote: what if his zanpakuto spirit knows how evil he is and wont talk to him so he uses the hokyoku to force kyoka suigetsu to do his bidding which is why it's hard to tell what release it is in and why it disintegrated when the hokyoku rejected him

      Well, Aizen used Kyoka Suigetsu's complete hypnosis, when he showed it to the captains and lieutenants, before he got his hands on the Hogyoku. The "good" Aizen we saw in the beginning was nothing but a front, he would have been just as "evil" when he first became a Shinigami, and he'd have to be able to communicate with his Zanpakutou to develop a Shikai ability in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • yeah i wasnt confident in that theory, i was putting a "what if" scenario out there

        Loading editor
    • A zanpakuto is a part of you, therefore if "you" were evil, your zanpakuto would most likely be too. I ain't going to give any sort of statistics, but there is also a possibility that the zanpakuto, being a "part" of you, could be the "good" you have been repressing, although considering that Aizen KNEW Kyoka Suigetsu's name means that his zanpakuto "allowed" him to use its power.

      About Kyoka Suigetsu creating a mist etc., that was Aizen feeding other people bull, so they wouldn't suspect him of being able to control them.

      About Yhwach, considering Aizen has a silver tongue (not sure if that's the right expression), he could've talked to him for a long time making Yhwach simply not notice that a lot of time has passed.

        Loading editor
    • Didn't read all the replies but what if Complete Hypnosis is actually his Bankai? I mean, think about it, Bankai is something done on a massive scale, so for him to be completely hypnotize everyone starting from when he was found impaled on the tower is considered massive scale.

      Yes, I do realize it was specifically stated that Complete Hypnosis was his Shikai but could just be another Aizen mind trick.

      Two cents.

        Loading editor
    • Not to mention kyoka suigetsu sounds like a bankai anyway

        Loading editor
    • How does kyoka suigetsu sound like a bankai?

        Loading editor
    • Well, Kyoka Suigetsu is the name of the Zanpakutou. Perhaps he was referring to Complete Hypnosis.

        Loading editor
    • Lucian balthazar99 wrote: Not to mention kyoka suigetsu sounds like a bankai anyway

      Except we've never seen or heard Aizen say "Bankai" in any form of media to activate his complete hypnosis (a requirement for every Bankai no matter what) and he uses an actual release command - "Shatter" - to release it.

        Loading editor
    • ...or perhaps that was just part of the Complete Hypnosis; to make others think that it was only his Shikai.

        Loading editor
    • What if the whole manga is a part of Complete Hypnosis, and at some point it'll be just Aizen back in the Deicide Arc actually managing to kill Ichigo.

      Regarding the whole 'Complete Hypnosis' is shikai/bankai, as far as the information goes, it's a shikai, and unless Kubo states otherwise, it will stay a shikai, although I am confused why he didn't bother using bankai at all... The only thing that comes to mind would be that his bankai works "against" or affects Complete Hypnosis and has nothing to do with illusions at all.

        Loading editor
    • Gacsam wrote: What if the whole manga is a part of Complete Hypnosis, and at some point it'll be just Aizen back in the Deicide Arc actually managing to kill Ichigo.

      Regarding the whole 'Complete Hypnosis' is shikai/bankai, as far as the information goes, it's a shikai, and unless Kubo states otherwise, it will stay a shikai, although I am confused why he didn't bother using bankai at all... The only thing that comes to mind would be that his bankai works "against" or affects Complete Hypnosis and has nothing to do with illusions at all.

      As far as we know, Bleach could be jusr Aizen's shikai or bankai being used.

        Loading editor
    • Gacsam wrote: What if the whole manga is a part of Complete Hypnosis, and at some point it'll be just Aizen back in the Deicide Arc actually managing to kill Ichigo.

      Regarding the whole 'Complete Hypnosis' is shikai/bankai, as far as the information goes, it's a shikai, and unless Kubo states otherwise, it will stay a shikai, although I am confused why he didn't bother using bankai at all... The only thing that comes to mind would be that his bankai works "against" or affects Complete Hypnosis and has nothing to do with illusions at all.

      But remember that a Zanpakuto's Shikai & Bankai cannot be unrelated! Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai couldn't have anything to do with illusions unless it comes with a reasonable explication.

        Loading editor
    • TennoHaineko wrote:

      Gacsam wrote: What if the whole manga is a part of Complete Hypnosis, and at some point it'll be just Aizen back in the Deicide Arc actually managing to kill Ichigo.

      Regarding the whole 'Complete Hypnosis' is shikai/bankai, as far as the information goes, it's a shikai, and unless Kubo states otherwise, it will stay a shikai, although I am confused why he didn't bother using bankai at all... The only thing that comes to mind would be that his bankai works "against" or affects Complete Hypnosis and has nothing to do with illusions at all.

      But remember that a Zanpakuto's Shikai & Bankai cannot be unrelated! Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai couldn't have anything to do with illusions unless it comes with a reasonable explication.

      Such as the boundary between imagination or reality, mind control or anything like that.. It is a loose convention. Look at Rose's Shikai and Bankai. Both are music relates but behave quite differently.

        Loading editor
    • Aetheral wrote:

      TennoHaineko wrote:

      Gacsam wrote: What if the whole manga is a part of Complete Hypnosis, and at some point it'll be just Aizen back in the Deicide Arc actually managing to kill Ichigo.

      Regarding the whole 'Complete Hypnosis' is shikai/bankai, as far as the information goes, it's a shikai, and unless Kubo states otherwise, it will stay a shikai, although I am confused why he didn't bother using bankai at all... The only thing that comes to mind would be that his bankai works "against" or affects Complete Hypnosis and has nothing to do with illusions at all.

      But remember that a Zanpakuto's Shikai & Bankai cannot be unrelated! Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai couldn't have anything to do with illusions unless it comes with a reasonable explication.

      Such as the boundary between imagination or reality, mind control or anything like that.. It is a loose convention. Look at Rose's Shikai and Bankai. Both are music relates but behave quite differently.

      Yes, but it has to do with music, that's the "link" between them, unless it has a reasonable explication they Shikai & Bankai can't be unrelated.

        Loading editor
    • TennoHaineko wrote:

      Aetheral wrote:

      TennoHaineko wrote:

      Gacsam wrote: What if the whole manga is a part of Complete Hypnosis, and at some point it'll be just Aizen back in the Deicide Arc actually managing to kill Ichigo.

      Regarding the whole 'Complete Hypnosis' is shikai/bankai, as far as the information goes, it's a shikai, and unless Kubo states otherwise, it will stay a shikai, although I am confused why he didn't bother using bankai at all... The only thing that comes to mind would be that his bankai works "against" or affects Complete Hypnosis and has nothing to do with illusions at all.

      But remember that a Zanpakuto's Shikai & Bankai cannot be unrelated! Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai couldn't have anything to do with illusions unless it comes with a reasonable explication.

      Such as the boundary between imagination or reality, mind control or anything like that.. It is a loose convention. Look at Rose's Shikai and Bankai. Both are music relates but behave quite differently.

      Yes, but it has to do with music, that's the "link" between them, unless it has a reasonable explication they Shikai & Bankai can't be unrelated.

      My point exactly. Some things can be very broad. Complete Hypnosis might go into mind control.

        Loading editor
    • Stefan (Shikai - "Rust & Shatter") wrote: Considering Aizen's potential and hunger for power, and the fact that he has mastered just about every other aspect of what a Shinigami should know, I can't imagine him not having achieved Bankai. Since Aizen should be able to mask his Bankai release, he might have used it without anyone realizing it. For example, when he was able to control Momo in FKT, and made her fight the other Shinigami, even though she had been critically wounded by Ayon earlier. With a power such as complete hypnosis is would be very difficult to tell the difference between Shikai and Bankai.

      a bit wrong here, aizen does not control people directly, he had momo under hypnosis as well, while everyone thought she was aizen, she was probably thinking they were hollows. nothing thus far in the series hints he has an actual bankai, there were multiple times he could have used it to make situations easier but didnt or maybe could not. the argument of him being so strong and not having one can be made, look at zaraki, zaraki in the 1000 year arc with his eye patch still on is at the level aizen was on karakura, how you may ask? none of the sternritters or shinigami could sense him until he visually appeared before gremmy then they knew he was there, the same way they could not sense aizen in karakura town.

      this helps the point that yes he can be that strong and not have a bankai. both him and zaraki are freaks of nature, massive reiatsu probably even more than genryusai as he could be sensed but neither of them atm, insane combat and innate ability. so its not far fetched that aizen does not have a bankai, he made the step from lieutenant to captain all he had to do was use his shikai ability and make them think he had a bankai to become a captain.

        Loading editor
    • AvalonFlow wrote: Didn't read all the replies but what if Complete Hypnosis is actually his Bankai? I mean, think about it, Bankai is something done on a massive scale, so for him to be completely hypnotize everyone starting from when he was found impaled on the tower is considered massive scale.

      Yes, I do realize it was specifically stated that Complete Hypnosis was his Shikai but could just be another Aizen mind trick.

      Two cents.

      bankai doesnt have to be a massive scale, tensa zangetsu, kensei's bankai wasnt massive either, zanka no tachi, kami shini no yari, daiguren hyorinmaru and unohana's bankai, the actual bankai's werent massive the force etc yes but the physical scale that you are comparing they werent massive per say.

        Loading editor
    • Sanj66 wrote:

      AvalonFlow wrote: Didn't read all the replies but what if Complete Hypnosis is actually his Bankai? I mean, think about it, Bankai is something done on a massive scale, so for him to be completely hypnotize everyone starting from when he was found impaled on the tower is considered massive scale.

      Yes, I do realize it was specifically stated that Complete Hypnosis was his Shikai but could just be another Aizen mind trick.

      Two cents.

      bankai doesnt have to be a massive scale, tensa zangetsu, kensei's bankai wasnt massive either, zanka no tachi, kami shini no yari, daiguren hyorinmaru and unohana's bankai, the actual bankai's werent massive the force etc yes but the physical scale that you are comparing they werent massive per say.

      Actually. Zanka no Tachi might be considered as massive. The blade is small, sure, but the Reiatsu is pretty big. This of course, courtesy of their own wielder's power. Which is to be considered, as when he created Wonderweiss, Aizen gave a prime example of how his Reiatsu is quite above that of the average captain. His Bankai therefore, might have any shape, but it might be of massive area of effect, like ZnT there.

        Loading editor
    • Aetheral wrote:

      Sanj66 wrote:

      AvalonFlow wrote: Didn't read all the replies but what if Complete Hypnosis is actually his Bankai? I mean, think about it, Bankai is something done on a massive scale, so for him to be completely hypnotize everyone starting from when he was found impaled on the tower is considered massive scale.

      Yes, I do realize it was specifically stated that Complete Hypnosis was his Shikai but could just be another Aizen mind trick.

      Two cents.

      bankai doesnt have to be a massive scale, tensa zangetsu, kensei's bankai wasnt massive either, zanka no tachi, kami shini no yari, daiguren hyorinmaru and unohana's bankai, the actual bankai's werent massive the force etc yes but the physical scale that you are comparing they werent massive per say.

      Actually. Zanka no Tachi might be considered as massive. The blade is small, sure, but the Reiatsu is pretty big. This of course, courtesy of their own wielder's power. Which is to be considered, as when he created Wonderweiss, Aizen gave a prime example of how his Reiatsu is quite above that of the average captain. His Bankai therefore, might have any shape, but it might be of massive area of effect, like ZnT there.

      you do realize he was talking about physical area and largeness hence the referral to physical size of the bankai? wasnt talking about reiatsu, you can check the comments and deduce that you know.

        Loading editor
    • Sanj66 wrote:

      Aetheral wrote:

      Sanj66 wrote:

      AvalonFlow wrote: Didn't read all the replies but what if Complete Hypnosis is actually his Bankai? I mean, think about it, Bankai is something done on a massive scale, so for him to be completely hypnotize everyone starting from when he was found impaled on the tower is considered massive scale.

      Yes, I do realize it was specifically stated that Complete Hypnosis was his Shikai but could just be another Aizen mind trick.

      Two cents.

      bankai doesnt have to be a massive scale, tensa zangetsu, kensei's bankai wasnt massive either, zanka no tachi, kami shini no yari, daiguren hyorinmaru and unohana's bankai, the actual bankai's werent massive the force etc yes but the physical scale that you are comparing they werent massive per say.

      Actually. Zanka no Tachi might be considered as massive. The blade is small, sure, but the Reiatsu is pretty big. This of course, courtesy of their own wielder's power. Which is to be considered, as when he created Wonderweiss, Aizen gave a prime example of how his Reiatsu is quite above that of the average captain. His Bankai therefore, might have any shape, but it might be of massive area of effect, like ZnT there.

      you do realize he was talking about physical area and largeness hence the referral to physical size of the bankai? wasnt talking about reiatsu, you can check the comments and deduce that you know.

      Technically, Zanka no Tachi does have a large, area-of-effect nature - its "South" ability, which summons all those corpses, is pretty huge - as is the passive heat it generates, which is equivalent to a second Sun in magnitude.

        Loading editor
    • my theory if he did have one: it's a bankai where everyone hallucinates, and where the hallucinations come true. Also, everyone's worst nightmares come to life. Also, you cannot defeat the hallucinations and nightmares unless you render Aizen bladeless. Aizen would still have his illusion shikai abilities intact.

        Loading editor
    • Aizen probably does not have a bankai, and even if he did his shikai is gone along with his zanpakuto so we would never see it even if he has it.

        Loading editor
    • Yyp
      Yyp removed this reply because:
      Critising their argument is one thing, but please do not engage in personally attacking another user
      11:18, November 9, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Xilinoc wrote:

      Sanj66 wrote:

      Aetheral wrote:

      Sanj66 wrote:

      AvalonFlow wrote: Didn't read all the replies but what if Complete Hypnosis is actually his Bankai? I mean, think about it, Bankai is something done on a massive scale, so for him to be completely hypnotize everyone starting from when he was found impaled on the tower is considered massive scale.

      Yes, I do realize it was specifically stated that Complete Hypnosis was his Shikai but could just be another Aizen mind trick.

      Two cents.

      bankai doesnt have to be a massive scale, tensa zangetsu, kensei's bankai wasnt massive either, zanka no tachi, kami shini no yari, daiguren hyorinmaru and unohana's bankai, the actual bankai's werent massive the force etc yes but the physical scale that you are comparing they werent massive per say.

      Actually. Zanka no Tachi might be considered as massive. The blade is small, sure, but the Reiatsu is pretty big. This of course, courtesy of their own wielder's power. Which is to be considered, as when he created Wonderweiss, Aizen gave a prime example of how his Reiatsu is quite above that of the average captain. His Bankai therefore, might have any shape, but it might be of massive area of effect, like ZnT there.

      you do realize he was talking about physical area and largeness hence the referral to physical size of the bankai? wasnt talking about reiatsu, you can check the comments and deduce that you know.

      Technically, Zanka no Tachi does have a large, area-of-effect nature - its "South" ability, which summons all those corpses, is pretty huge - as is the passive heat it generates, which is equivalent to a second Sun in magnitude.


      He has to have a bankai... or else, it doesn't make sense.... if you recall during ichigo's training for bankai, his reiatsu was supposed to go up as well as a part of the training. It is impossible for aizen to have such ridiculous reiatsu and not have bankai !

      But here is the catch, since he lost his zanpaktou in shikai state, he can technically take a fresh asauchi and obtain his lost zanpaktou again ! Hoping for some twist of this sort :P

        Loading editor
    • I think he regain his zanpakuto and he show his bankai soon enough

        Loading editor
    • How? He's in the inescapable chair with no competent Shinigami around him

        Loading editor
    • It might be far-fetched to think so, but what if the Shikai we know as Kyoka Suigetsu is really his Bankai?

      I mean, if you think about it, Kyoka Suigetsu has a really powerful potential, and is quite powerful, being capable of completely hypnotizing everyone around Aizen. With such a Shikai, the Bankai would have to be ridiculously powerful to follow up.

      What if Kyoka Suigetsu is really his Bankai, but he always pretended like it was his Shikai to make people think he was even more powerful? Even if it is his Shikai, it's so powerful that he wouldn't even need a Bankai.

        Loading editor
    • I don t know I think there is a reason they brought back Aizen show I am expecting to be much more powerful now and perhaps regain his zanpkauto and use bankai somehow well I think he is gonna fight again somehow

        Loading editor
    • Well I don t think Kyouka suigetsu is his bankai Its his really his shikai I think It was stated anyway I am hoping he has bankai somehow like he can can make his illusions real and remove their five senses who knows

        Loading editor
    • One possibility for Aizen's bankai is that, whereas his shikai can manipulate senses, perhaps his bankai can manipulate one's perceptions and make you believe delusions like that you ARE Aizen for example, I think the reason that he never used bankai was that it may limit the range of his power to one person and possibly even negate the effects of shikai, making it have to be done all over again. I know it's off topic a little but I'm not sure I want to start a whole new topic to ask this, was Ulquiorra immune to kyoka suigetsu? It's stated that kyoka suigetsu can only control the 5 senses, not the spiritual pressure sense, and Ulquiorra's pesquisa always seemed to be on so even if his eyes were fooled is it possible that he could tell that nothing or even a fake was really there? I know Aizen could probably use a kido or something to mask his presence but is kyoka suigetsu by itself susceptible to this way?

        Loading editor
    • I am sorry when were you under the impression that Aizen was not using his Bankai?

        Loading editor
    • Kakorat wrote: I am sorry when were you under the impression that Aizen was not using his Bankai?

      Probably right

        Loading editor
    • Whatever his Bankai could possibly be the most predictable thing would be for him to use it on Yhwach or perhaps it's a support ability and he uses it on Ichigo to give him the boost to win

        Loading editor
    • Aizen does have a bankai. It was actually one of the first we ever heard of and it was described in detail.

      It is/was the flowing water he showed the other captains. While it's been a long time, I'm sure plenty will remember that the flowing water ceremony was the trigger for his absolute hypnosis power.

      The effect of his bankai is that those effected by it are affected for the rest of their lives and that he has full control over all of their senses.

      He would then use his shikai to control the illusions.

      This is also why during the battle in Karakura town when Aizen swapped himself out for Hinamori and the captains started going after her, ichigo shouted "what the hell are you guys doing?" He was totally unaffected by the illusion because Aizen had never used his bankai on ichigo.

      The only reason a lot of people don't realize what his bankai was, is because there was no scene of him saying it and odds are that he didn't. The only reason the characters say 'Bankai' is for dramatic effect, they don't actually have to say anything.

        Loading editor
    • Aizen only needs to activate Shikai in front of his target to be able to hypnotize them, and his illusions affect all senses. Ichigo didn't see these illusions because he had never seen Aizen's Shikai. Nowhere was it hinted that Bankai was ever involved

      And by your logic, wouldn't his Shikai be completely ineffective without using Bankai?

        Loading editor
    • That would be kinda backwards, as until Aizen gained Bankai he would have a useless Shikai.

      I want Aizen's Bankai to be something entirely disappointing, like he manages to affect people's perception of their bodies like in those crazy mirrors at carnivals.

      Would make fighting kinda weird....

        Loading editor
    • Kaestal wrote: That would be kinda backwards, as until Aizen gained Bankai he would have a useless Shikai.

      I want Aizen's Bankai to be something entirely disappointing, like he manages to affect people's perception of their bodies like in those crazy mirrors at carnivals.

      Would make fighting kinda weird....

      Seeing that bankais are generally speaking a version of the shikai power only on a much greater magnitude I believe that Aizen bankai ability is to make things real even if they aren't entirely real.

      Let me explain. His shikai creates full hypnosis. He can influence all the senses of his adversary. He can make you see someone as being him when it's not, he can even mess with people's perception of time, like he did with Yhwach. So if his shikai is all about illusions that serve mainly to control people and not really hurt them directly with it. Then his bankai should be about the ability to create illusions that can affect real things, like people. Like for example create the illusion that a person is surrounded by fire, and that person gets burned. Not because the fire is real but because he can create the illusion of reality.

      This to would be Aizen bankai when he had a bankai. But seeing he no longer has a zanpakutou then I don't see how he's even able to use the hypnosis power of his shikai let alone bankai.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Aizen used his now nonexistent Zanpakutou on Yhwach, most likely they just made so much smalltalk that Yhwach forgot he had something to go and do.

        Loading editor
    • In the end it might be more valuable to ask how any sensory type might change when in bankai and try to apply that to Aizen, that's why my previous post suggested that it would create a delusion about the world rather than just create illusions as I doubt another sensory type like Sakanade would grow to making his sensory alteration into a real change in the world. I also think it needs to be explained why he never went bankai, as every other captain so far has had a good reason for not using it which makes me think powerful sensory type zanpakuto like Kyoka Suigetsu and Sakanade probably have some huge disadvantage that makes bankai inconvenient to use flippantly. It's also possible that Aizen may have fused with his zanpakuto and can use its powers himself which would explain how he was able to confuse Yhwach's sense of time

        Loading editor
    • DarkMuse616 wrote: In the end it might be more valuable to ask how any sensory type might change when in bankai and try to apply that to Aizen, that's why my previous post suggested that it would create a delusion about the world rather than just create illusions as I doubt another sensory type like Sakanade would grow to making his sensory alteration into a real change in the world. I also think it needs to be explained why he never went bankai, as every other captain so far has had a good reason for not using it which makes me think powerful sensory type zanpakuto like Kyoka Suigetsu and Sakanade probably have some huge disadvantage that makes bankai inconvenient to use flippantly. It's also possible that Aizen may have fused with his zanpakuto and can use its powers himself which would explain how he was able to confuse Yhwach's sense of time

      Yes that would make sense. If some remnants of his zanpakutou powers were left inside him, when it disintegrated.

      And also, the hypothesis that Aizen bankai has some huge drawback might explain why we never seen him use it. Gin explained that only the one holding Kyoka Suigetsu was the only one immune to its effects. But maybe the bankai removes that protection. Maybe Kyoka Suigetsu in its bankai form creates this well... Lets call it a genjutsu type reality within a certain radius, and everyone inside it would be affected by it, even Aizen. And seeing how much of a control freak he was. One has himself would never allow himself to be left vulnerable to his bankai whims.

        Loading editor
    • Not 100% related but how did aizen get stronger during the 2 years he was imprisoned? don't you need to train for that to happen or was this a byproduct of the hogyoku?

      I suppose given how powerful he was with reiatsu and abilities he didn't see the need to use it. But the bankai having drawbacks is a viable reason not to use it.

        Loading editor
    • Aizen, again, should not have a bankai. I mean if he did then why did he not use it during his fight with Ichigo.

        Loading editor
    • Because, as he stated, the Hogyoku decided that he no longer needs a Zanpakuto

      Let's face it, Aizen was never in a situation necessitating his Bankai until after his Zanpakuto was dissolved.

        Loading editor
    • Kakorat wrote: Aizen, again, should not have a bankai. I mean if he did then why did he not use it during his fight with Ichigo.

      The Hogyoku induced power went to Aizen's head, he genuinely didn't think that Ichigo was a threat to him at the time.

        Loading editor
    • Most likely, I'd say, he got way too confident in his augmented power. He couldn't grasp why he couldn't sense Ichigo's Reiatsu, and only near the end did he realize that the reason could be that it had increased way past his own.

        Loading editor
    • Sternritter M wrote: It might be far-fetched to think so, but what if the Shikai we know as Kyoka Suigetsu is really his Bankai?

      I mean, if you think about it, Kyoka Suigetsu has a really powerful potential, and is quite powerful, being capable of completely hypnotizing everyone around Aizen. With such a Shikai, the Bankai would have to be ridiculously powerful to follow up.

      What if Kyoka Suigetsu is really his Bankai, but he always pretended like it was his Shikai to make people think he was even more powerful? Even if it is his Shikai, it's so powerful that he wouldn't even need a Bankai.

      No, it was stated for a reason, because Kyoka Suigetsu is his Shikai. Kubo went to a reasonable amount of effort explaining the deatils, too - like that the release command was 'shatter' and the other details that definied as the blade it was.

      Considering Aizen's personality, I'd say that doesn't make any sense. You're trying to tell me that Aizen would try and trick poeple into thinking his Shikai was his Bankai to make people think it was more powerful... that doesn't make sense, because he had no reason to 'make people think that it was more powerful'. His Shikai was immensely powerful, regardless. Not to mention, he was beyond the level of anyone else, so why would he 'trick' people into thinking an ability of his is more powerful? That doesn't make sense. You've misconstrued Aizen's character here.


      Shinnypichu88 wrote: Well what if he never really did, his Shikai's ability was hypnosis right, for all we know he never achieved bankai and just made everyone think he did!

      It's just something to think about :D


      I have been there with this particular argument before, as I once started a forum for this very same topic. I had a whole bunch of ideas and many arguments with others about it. I haven't thought about this in quite some time, though.

      I used to maintain that I didn't think he had a Bankai, but I honestly don't know. It could be that he just never used it. It could be that he put the examiners under 'Complete Hypnosis' when he took his Bankai exam. It could be that he disguised his Bankai if he did use it. The truth is, we'll probably never know, unless Kubo sheds some light on the situation and explains to the Bleach fans.

        Loading editor
    • Blackpanther666
      Blackpanther666 removed this reply because:
      Because it tagged the wrong reply
      13:01, March 27, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Yyp
      Yyp removed this reply because:
      no need to double post when you can edit previous post
      13:14, March 27, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • I see some have said that Aizen has no Bankai but the truth of the matter is that the only thing we know for sure is that it has not been shown. As for what his Bankai could be I do have a theory. If his Shikai has the ability to alter another's perception of reality I'd be led to assume that his Bankai can alter reality itself. I know it's an overpowered ability but it's not impossible considering all the other insane abilities we've seen in the series. The only problem is that Gremmy Thoumeaux already has that ability.

        Loading editor
    • Aizen obviously has bankai. He can use Kyoka Suigetsu without even calling the summoning chant. Shinigamis who have that high level of skill are presumed to have bankai.

        Loading editor
    • Speaking in regards to his Zanpakuto, would it be safe to assume that he only needs to be looked at for its influence to affect the one who perceived it? I remember Juha stating that just by being within Aizen's presence for a short amount of time he was more or less influenced by his power, then towards the end of the chapter Aizen didn't even need to use a chant to use hypnosis.

      I'm just curious and haven't seen it really spoken about. Couldn't find it in Aizen's information, either.

        Loading editor
    • His bankai could be the inverse. Maybe it affects himself, and can augment his own abilities. But he'd have to be careful, because it could go so far as to be self-destructive. It could even be responsible for his madness!

        Loading editor
    • Aizen specifically stated that in order to trap someone in Kyoka Suigetsu, the target needs to see its release. If the target doesn't see it, it can't fall under the hypnosis. Aizen trapped countless amount of entities in his Kyoka Suigetsu without even uttering the summoning chant, which means he has achieved materialization and is presumed to have bankai.

        Loading editor
    • Aetheral wrote: Maybe. His Bankai might go off the way and contradict the fact that according to Aizen, Yamamoto's zanpakuto overcomes his or something (correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, if he has one, can we assume its power is below that of Zanka no Tachi?

      No no. That's when it comes to power. Since aizen is a hypnosis type it has no real attack of its own

        Loading editor
    • ChibiBuu wrote: Aizen trapped countless amount of entities in his Kyoka Suigetsu without even uttering the summoning chant, which means he has achieved materialization and is presumed to have bankai.

      What proof we have that Aizen released Kyouka Suigetsu without a command? I mean, it was revealed that Aizen always had KS on during the FKT fights(which made their plan of preventing him from using it fail). He clearly used a command when using KS on Baraggan. And it's unknown if he didn't use it when demonstrating it to the Gotei soldiers.

        Loading editor
    • Khaotic Twist wrote:

      What proof we have that Aizen released Kyouka Suigetsu without a command? I mean, it was revealed that Aizen always had KS on during the FKT fights(which made their plan of preventing him from using it fail). He clearly used a command when using KS on Baraggan. And it's unknown if he didn't use it when demonstrating it to the Gotei soldiers.

      Irrelevant, just because he sometimes uses the release command doesn't mean he cannot release his zanpakuto without it. By your logic Ukitake didn't ever reach bankai because he always released his zanpakuto with his summoning chant.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Aizen never released his bankaï because it's a useless one, unsuitable one or it's overly dangerous for the user.

      For example sui-feng Bankai is not suitable for her. And Rukia's is really dangerous because if she make a mistake, she has high chance of dying.

        Loading editor
    • ChibiBuu wrote:

      Irrelevant, just because he sometimes uses the release command doesn't mean he cannot release his zanpakuto without it. By your logic Ukitake didn't ever reach bankai because he always released his zanpakuto with his summoning chant.


      Difference is that we KNOW Ukitake has a Bankai. Since it was stated that achieving Bankai is a requirement for becoming a Captain and it was stated that no Captain in the history of SS has never achieved Bankai with the exception of Zaraki(who eventually achieved it anyways). Aizen faked his powers while in the Gotei, so him actually having a Bankai is unknown. Him being able to release his Shikai without a chant would greatly indicate that he does have a Bankai. But unfortunately we've never seen him do it, so we're back to square one.

      Cocoport wrote: Maybe Aizen never released his bankaï because it's a useless one, unsuitable one or it's overly dangerous for the user.

      For example sui-feng Bankai is not suitable for her. And Rukia's is really dangerous because if she make a mistake, she has high chance of dying.

      The Soi Fon case was because she didn't have a good relationship with her Zanpakutou. Something that changed after the tiemskip, since she no longer has those major drawbacks. And the Rukia case was because she hadn't mastered her Bankai since she JUST achieved it.

        Loading editor
    • SunXia
      SunXia removed this reply because:
      no need to double post
      20:35, January 11, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • TennoHaineko wrote:

      Gacsam wrote: What if the whole manga is a part of Complete Hypnosis, and at some point it'll be just Aizen back in the Deicide Arc actually managing to kill Ichigo.

      Regarding the whole 'Complete Hypnosis' is shikai/bankai, as far as the information goes, it's a shikai, and unless Kubo states otherwise, it will stay a shikai, although I am confused why he didn't bother using bankai at all... The only thing that comes to mind would be that his bankai works "against" or affects Complete Hypnosis and has nothing to do with illusions at all.

      But remember that a Zanpakuto's Shikai & Bankai cannot be unrelated! Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai couldn't have anything to do with illusions unless it comes with a reasonable explication.

      You do realize Unohanas Bankai reflects her old Kenpachi personality of relishing fighting and the kill while her shikai reflects her desire to heal people, they are completely unrelated so its perfectly concievable for Aizens Bankai to be unrelated to his Shikai

        Loading editor
    • Rule 1 of Zanpakutou: "There can never be a Bankai unrelated to it's Shikai."

        Loading editor
    • Khaotic Twist wrote: Rule 1 of Zanpakutou: "There can never be a Bankai unrelated to it's Shikai."

      Let's see suzumebachi is a zanpakuto that kills any opponent it hits with poison and Jakuho Raikoben is a zanpakuto that is a gigantic rocket launcher.... COMPLETELY RELATED!

        Loading editor
    • Kakorat wrote:

      Khaotic Twist wrote: Rule 1 of Zanpakutou: "There can never be a Bankai unrelated to it's Shikai."

      Let's see suzumebachi is a zanpakuto that kills any opponent it hits with poison and Jakuho Raikoben is a zanpakuto that is a gigantic rocket launcher.... COMPLETELY RELATED!

      Suzumebachi and Jakuhō Raikōben are based around a hornet's sting. While Suzumebachi takes the literal sense of it, Jakuhō Raikōben acts as a stinger missile(it's just another Kubo pun). They both involve blowing up the target; but Jakuhō Raikōben takes it one step further by eliminating Suzumebachi's need for getting close to the target and striking them twice to take effect.

      In fact, Sui-Fēng has a lot of stuff in reference to hornets; such as her braids she used to have that resemble hornet antennae, and her Mukyū Shunkō which resembles of hornet's wings just like her Hōmonka marks.

        Loading editor
    • Khaotic Twist wrote:

      Kakorat wrote:

      Khaotic Twist wrote: Rule 1 of Zanpakutou: "There can never be a Bankai unrelated to it's Shikai."

      Let's see suzumebachi is a zanpakuto that kills any opponent it hits with poison and Jakuho Raikoben is a zanpakuto that is a gigantic rocket launcher.... COMPLETELY RELATED!

      Suzumebachi and Jakuhō Raikōben are based around a hornet's sting. While Suzumebachi takes the literal sense of it, Jakuhō Raikōben acts as a stinger missile(it's just another Kubo pun). They both involve blowing up the target; but Jakuhō Raikōben takes it one step further by eliminating Suzumebachi's need for getting close to the target and striking them twice to take effect.

      In fact, Sui-Fēng has a lot of stuff in reference to hornets; such as her braids she used to have that resemble hornet antennae, and her Mukyū Shunkō which resembles of hornet's wings just like her Hōmonka marks.

      How is killing something with two hits 'blowing it up'? Just because something is based off of a pun doesn't mean the powers are related. Look at Zangetsu, it's Shikai is just plain but it's bankai has everything to do with speed. How does something go for having nothing to do with speed (except for natural speed) to having everything to do with speed. That's not similar. The rule doesn't stand.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, Zangetsu is a bad example on your part . It's ability in shikai is to compress his reiatsu into an energy blast, whereas tensa Zangetsu does the same but to his reiatsu as it flows through his body thus allowing him to drastically augment his physical abilities. Shikai enhances a simple slash and bankai does the same for his whole body, the powers are very much related, just not obviously without knowing the mechanics behind them

        Loading editor
    • Kakorat wrote:

      How is killing something with two hits 'blowing it up'? Just because something is based off of a pun doesn't mean the powers are related. Look at Zangetsu, it's Shikai is just plain but it's bankai has everything to do with speed. How does something go for having nothing to do with speed (except for natural speed) to having everything to do with speed. That's not similar. The rule doesn't stand.

      When you see Ggio Vega getting hit with Suzumebachi's effect, you see his body rupturing from the inside out as the two Hōmonka marks expand.

      As for Zangetsu; Zangetsu's theme is about reaching the target by any means. Getsuga Tenshō is a long range projectile shot from a swing of the sword. Even the cloth on it's hilt allows the sword to be swung like a flail to reach the target from a distance. It's Bankai, Tensa Zangetsu, retains these aspects; such as the chain on the hilt instead of the cloth, and a more powerful Getsuga Tenshō. But it goes further by drastically increasing Ichigo's speed in all areas(not just movement speed but also reaction speed and slashing speed). Speed capable of reaching it's targets.
        Loading editor
    • Khaotic Twist wrote:


      Difference is that we KNOW Ukitake has a Bankai. Since it was stated that achieving Bankai is a requirement for becoming a Captain and it was stated that no Captain in the history of SS has never achieved Bankai with the exception of Zaraki(who eventually achieved it anyways). Aizen faked his powers while in the Gotei, so him actually having a Bankai is unknown. Him being able to release his Shikai without a chant would greatly indicate that he does have a Bankai. But unfortunately we've never seen him do it, so we're back to square one.

      Aizen wanted Hogyoku to surpass limits of a shinigami, therefore implying he has mastered every way of shinigami martial arts, including zanjutsu, therefore that is invalid.

        Loading editor
    • ChibiBuu wrote:

      Aizen wanted Hogyoku to surpass limits of a shinigami, therefore implying he has mastered every way of shinigami martial arts, including zanjutsu, therefore that is invalid.

      Zanjutsu is just Shinigami swordsmanship. It has nothing to do with utilizing Zanpakutō powers. Yes, Aizen did say that he wanted to surpass his limits as a Shinigami, but he also believed that he would have too much trouble against Yamamoto's Shikai with just his own Shikai. Yet he opted on using Wonderweiss instead of his Bankai(I wonder why that is). Honestly, I don't think Aizen was counting his unique powers when talking about surpassing Shinigami limits. He referred to the Shinigami limits as mastering the following forms of Shinigami combat: Zanjutsu, Hadō, Hohō, and Hakuda. I myself don't want to believe he doesn't have a Bankai, but you gotta admit that there's some decent evidence on him not having one. He probably didn't have a good bond with Kyōka Suigetsu. Probably as narcissistic as he is.

        Loading editor
    • I think aizens kyouka is like ichigos zangetsu. not in power but because ichogos blade is always in shikkai. Aizen is so strong that his shikkai could be his bankai. His zanpakuto and he himself want to be perfect. to be more complete and perfect eliminate the intermediate step. Also what would be better than complete hypnosis. One person said illusion to reality but aizen wants to stand on his, above everyone. He wants to be a god and what god needs help. He used all the arrancar for entertainment and to draw attention from himself. He never needed them and didnt care who died. After they all lost he stood there smiling and then kicked all of their asses. Another aspect is that kyouka hates him. He sees aizen as a threat to his own illusion of superiority, so he holds back bankai as a desperate attempt to stay relevant and preserve its dignity and also make himself happy in his ability to slow aizens ascent. If aizen asked for bankai i could see kyouka lying because its just like aizen, its a mirror. Aizen probably knew it was lying but he couldnt do anything. He wants to be a god as well but he is a tool used to help others become a god. His greatest fear is to be surpassed and be cast aside like it would cast aside all those it deemed unworthy. To be looked down upon from a seat it knew it could have if only it could free itself from the zanpakuto. But the stronger the spirit the stronger the container. Also maybe aizen never asked for bankai. everyone in the manga was under great stress when they received bankai but aizen never had an equal and therefore never felt the need to ask. He deemed it irrelevant and moved on. Or maybe we are all stuck in kyouka right now and our only hint that we are in kyouka is the manga. Everyone that reads this will be like "asshole" but isnt that the point. All of you denying me instead of accepting it are the reason we are stuck in this loop. It is a perfect trap, ppl cant agree. P.S. maybe aizen felt bullied and alone because he wasnt invited to bankai parties. he was the only captain without bankai and he knew it, and you knowing you lack is the worst thing. He discarded the shinigami because he couldnt accept the fact that he couldnt be perfect there, but he denied it to everyone while knowing in his heart he wasnt. He came back with some new friends and killed them all like a child having a tantrum, a really strong child.

        Loading editor
    • He may have used it without us knowing it. Perhaps he can create deathly illusions with Bankai? He could easily take out Central 46 that way in one go. I don't think it ever is stated exactly how he did that.

        Loading editor
    • What if Aizen's bankai has some sort of activation requirements? That would explain why he was never able to activate it, another theory I have is that maybe when fused with the hogoyoku, it turned him into something more hollow than soul reaper and thus he no longer had a bankai.

        Loading editor
    • Yyp

      Sirjayko34 wrote: What if Aizen's bankai has some sort of activation requirements? That would explain why he was never able to activate it, another theory I have is that maybe when fused with the hogoyoku, it turned him into something more hollow than soul reaper and thus he no longer had a bankai.

      Not sure where you are getting this stuff about him not being able to activate it from. You're trying to justify something that was never suggested to be the case.

        Loading editor
    • There is also a theory I've heard bounced around that his blade is beyond a Bankai state. Proponents of this theory argue that Aizen had already reached the ascended state where his Zanpakuto was fused with his very hand similar to Dangai Ichigo. Then they argue that Aizen's zanpakuto fused with his very being makes it inherently different and superior to whatever Bankai Aizen could have had. I don't necessarily believe this myself, I just want to throw out that this is a theory some have.

        Loading editor
    • Umm, well, Yhwach did see Ichigo instead of Aizen at that one point, it's even a full page

        Loading editor
    • Aizen's bankai is kyouka suigetsu. He never once confirmed it was a shikai, he called it a release, but didn't say which one. You get the confirmation in the final arc when Yhwach states that in the future all bankai have broken and Aizen's sword cracks while KS is in effect. Suigetsu is Aizen's Zanpaktou, it mirrors Isshin's Engetsu. The kanji on both have dual meanings, phonetically and written. And their respective elements oppose each other.

        Loading editor
    • That's wrong. When Aizen released his zanpakuto in the Soul Society Arc he specifically used a release command, which is characteristic of a Shikai. If it was his Bankai, he would've said "Bankai, Kyoka Suigetsu" instead of "Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu". Kyoka Suigetsu is also a phrase in China (not by that exact name of course). That hints that Kubo clearly meant for those two words in conjunction and never separately.

        Loading editor
    • Once you've attained bankai you no longer need to call the command to release the sword. He did it simply to show off. Aizen can and has invoked the power of his release without even showing the blade. Your argument is moot and void.

        Loading editor
    • Lonalex00 wrote: Once you've attained bankai you no longer need to call the command to release the sword. He did it simply to show off. Aizen can and has invoked the power of his release without even showing the blade. Your argument is moot and void.

      1. No, once you release Bankai you don't need to say the name, however, this was shown only once by Ichigo and Ginjo and never again, so it is entirely possible that this was simply specific to them. 2. Aizen's blade was fused with his very being at that point, which is an extremely abnormal case specific to him. 3. Aizen stated that he released his Zanpakuto before Ichigo arrived on the battle against Yhwach, so that isn't even the case. 4. There is also absolutely no indication that this blade was his Bankai, so saying my argument is moot and void while your argument is entirely composed of head cannon is hilarious. 5. Also saying that Yhwach stated that all Bankai have been destroyed in the future doesn't mean that he wouldn't break normal Zanpakuto. It just means that he will destroy all Bankai.

        Loading editor
    • "and since when were you under the impression that I cant use Bankai?" is wat Aizen will say to you if he see this thread m8 :D

        Loading editor
    • Kakorat wrote:

      1. No, once you release Bankai you don't need to say the name, however, this was shown only once by Ichigo and Ginjo and never again, so it is entirely possible that this was simply specific to them.

      Actually, in Soul Society arc, if you remember correctly, Byakuya released Senbonzakura without any phrase against Ganju. Then was about to do the same against Ichigo but Yoruichi put cloth around his blade.

        Loading editor
    • I believe that was simply that Byakuya's original release command was "Die" before Kubo decided on "Scatter". Don't quote me on that, though.

        Loading editor
    • A fair enough assumption, although I guess we'll never know haha

        Loading editor
    • Yyp
      Yyp removed this reply because:
      abusive language
      12:20, January 23, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Yyp wrote:

      Sirjayko34 wrote: What if Aizen's bankai has some sort of activation requirements? That would explain why he was never able to activate it, another theory I have is that maybe when fused with the hogoyoku, it turned him into something more hollow than soul reaper and thus he no longer had a bankai.

      Not sure where you are getting this stuff about him not being able to activate it from. You're trying to justify something that was never suggested to be the case.

      Aizen's shikai had activation requirements so why not his bankai too? Besides it just a theory, calm down

        Loading editor
    • What if Aizen's bankai isn't intended for his enemies, maybe it's complete hypnosis cast-able to himself while being aware and in control of the hypnosis. Maybe that's why even if Aizen is injured, he doesn't even look bothered much because he can control what he feels with his senses. And if you're using an ability on yourself, why scream bankai out loud and reveal a master strategist's tactics.

      • just a theory though
        Loading editor
    • Given that Aizen is at such a peak level, it's unimaginable that he doesn't have Bankai. However, given how powerful his Shikai is, he really has no need to use it. We've seen that many Bankai are draining on the user. Also, it could be a Bankai that exerts a heavy price, such as Sui-Feng's which is massively taxing on her body to the point where it's difficult for her to fire more than once every three days. If Aizen's Bankai has a similar restriction due to the sheer power output causing stress on his body, it would make sense that he would never (or at least, very rarely) use his Bankai, because there would be no real reason for him to use it - his Shikai is more than enough as it is.

        Loading editor
    • I think Aizen can use Kyoka Suigetsu and form the illusion that he’s using somebody else’s Bankai, such as Yammamotos Zanka no Tachi, he would fool everyone into thinking that that is his Bankai when in reality his Bankai is making the pain real, but nothing else is.so he states the word Bankai, which in turn uses the illusion to form somebody else’s and use his own simultaneously. This is just a random ass theory I thought up today, so feel free to add to it.

        Loading editor
    • UIGoku9001 wrote: I think Aizen can use Kyoka Suigetsu and form the illusion that he’s using somebody else’s Bankai, such as Yammamotos Zanka no Tachi, he would fool everyone into thinking that that is his Bankai when in reality his Bankai is making the pain real, but nothing else is.so he states the word Bankai, which in turn uses the illusion to form somebody else’s and use his own simultaneously. This is just a random ass theory I thought up today, so feel free to add to it.

      Aizen's Shikai control 6 senses,he should be able to do that with just his Shikai alone

        Loading editor
    • CaessarC wrote:

      UIGoku9001 wrote: I think Aizen can use Kyoka Suigetsu and form the illusion that he’s using somebody else’s Bankai, such as Yammamotos Zanka no Tachi, he would fool everyone into thinking that that is his Bankai when in reality his Bankai is making the pain real, but nothing else is.so he states the word Bankai, which in turn uses the illusion to form somebody else’s and use his own simultaneously. This is just a random ass theory I thought up today, so feel free to add to it.

      Aizen's Shikai control 6 senses,he should be able to do that with just his Shikai alone

      So he doesn’t really need a Bankai then, but if he uses it would be really cool, again I’m just making it up right now, but maybe his Bankai could make people think they’ve already lived their lives, like a control time aspect?

        Loading editor
    • the reason why aizen never released his bankai is because its not as subtle as kyoka suigetsu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ItXIWwm6Q

        Loading editor
    • Hey guys I am gonna add my views and say he did have his bankai and he used it on everybody. Come on guys, look at all the shikais-not one of them is this over powered-not even the 3 older captain who have had theirs longer than everybody else. The only shikai that comes close is the head captain's and he has had his for 2000 years. Are you telling me, that Aizen who is nowhere near the ages of the 4 oldest captains, mastered his shikai to that level?....I dont think so. So the power of "complete hypnosis" is his bankai not his shikai.

        Loading editor
    • In the manga toshiro states that hyorinmaru is one of the only zanpakuto that doesnt suffer from a large difference in ability between shikai and bankai and its just the level/amount of ice made, perhaps aizens situation is similar? Maybe his bankai has the same ability but is magnified, perhaps it simply extends the range of his illusions or something like that. Just a thought.

        Loading editor
    • I'm also of the opinion that complete hypnosis is the Shikai and Bankai as well, but the Bankai is just a higher intensity. Is it possible the hypnosis is conditionary on reiatsu levels though? Aizen is so power that perhaps his Shikai is enough to catch anyone in it, but the Bankai was supposed to enhance the effects to capture stronger individuals that the Shikai couldn't capture. And so as Aizen got stronger, the necessity of his Bankai decreased and ended up just being a waste of reiatsu as no one could resist his Shikai. So it could be a similar problem what Yamamoto had where the Bankai is usually just not needed because the Shikai is just so powerful.

      Aizen once told that Sui-Feng that effects of Zanpakuto that are usually reiatsu are dependent of reiatsu vs. reiatsu, and stronger reiatsu will always beat out the effects of weaker reiatsu abilities, like Suzumebachi.

      So perhaps the concept is the same here? But Aizen is the opposite, and his overwhelming reiatsu eliminated the need for a Bankai because it made his Shikai to overwhelmingly powerful and the Bankai not cost effective. After all, why waste excessive reiatsu hypnotizing people who can be hypnotized his with Shikai.

      It makes me wonder if perhaps, back in the day, Kyoka Suigetsu wasn't so broken because Aizen's reiatsu wasn't always so overpowering, and perhaps certain Captains could have seen through the illusion if their reiatsu was higher.

        Loading editor
    • My opinion is simply this: Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai certainly exists but is simply way to impractical, dangerous, and/or inefficient to use. Especially since Aizen was winning with his Shikai alone.

        Loading editor
    • Illusions that even Aizen can't see through, huh?

        Loading editor
    • Xilinoc wrote: Illusions that even Aizen can't see through, huh?

      I think that it could manifest the illusions as tangible things in reality (similar to Kinshara Butodan), but probably at some huge cost on Aizen's part.

        Loading editor
    • I like that idea as well. Honestly, if Kubo was trying to find an excuse for why Aizen never used his Bankai, even when fighting people who should be stronger than him, I feel it has to be because it was either too risky or impractical.

      However, I would still side on impractical over risky, because Aizen had a massive amount of reiatsu and was pretty much immortal. So I question why a Bankai would not be used even if it was risky, unless, like I said, it just wasn't helpful.

        Loading editor
    • If I have to come up with his bankai out of my ass,I'd say his bankai will finish his opponent off with the hypnosis(straight up pull an infinite death loop or something like that) since the only kinda weakness of Kyoka Suigetsu is that Aizen need to finish them off physically,thats how he managed to get hit by Yamamoto's fire Kido even tho he still under Kyoka Suigetsu,its not a new concept either,the Bankai of the bald monk from squad 0 works like that,his Shikai acts as a setup n he use his Bankai to finish it :D

        Loading editor
    • So you think its, perhaps, similar to Tsukuyomi from Naruto? Where the strength of the illusion is so strong it can actually kill the person outright? Like through mental trauma?

      I guess that's possible, the only problem is why wouldn't he just use it to kill off the Gotei 13 right away rather than engaging them. Likewise, as you said, Aizen needs to handle his enemies personally in Shikai, but if his Bankai circumvented that, why not just use it to kill Yamamoto with it rather than do the round about method of creating Wonderweiss.

      To me, the fact the illusions aren't fatal is part of the reason Aizen needed to become so strong individually, because unlike normal Shinigami, Aizen can't rely on his Zanpakuto to finish fights. And in that way, it stops Kyoka Suigetsu from becoming overwhelmingly OP.

      That would make more sense as to why Aizen needed a trick to deal with Yamamoto, as Yamamoto is the only Shinigami who actually rivals Aizen in overall ability. That, plus my theory, would make sense why he didn't use Kyoka Suigetsu to finish Yamamoto, because there was a chance it wouldn't have been as effective unless he got the power-up from the Bankai.

        Loading editor
    • I think it could be literally a reality-breaking ability, like Zanka No Tachi. Like makes it so everything is an illusion, or at least whatever he decides to be, and so negates their existence (like what Gremmy did to Gunael). So it would be obvious why he doesn't use it, if it's difficult to control, besides never really caring to kill anybody but Yamamoto, or pushed to that extent. I dunno, I guess it could trump Ichibee.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kubos to this message
You've given this message Kubos!
See who gave Kubos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.