FANDOM


  • He was able to tag Yhwach in his Shikai form, a Quincy that moves so fast that not even Yamamoto, a Shunpo Master was able to registered his movement at first sight. Let's not forget he also almost manage to react to Tenjiro, a Shunpo Master, throwing a punch at his face, and barely manage to break his wrist. So why is Ichigo Kurosaki still a Shunpo Expert level? Shouldn't he get updated to Shunpo Master level now?

      Loading editor
    • There were a lot of different factors you are no considering. He didn't defeat Yhwach without aid and the other wasn't really a fight now was it, Tenjiro enjoys messing with people. Don't change articles without agreement in future unless it's something minor.

        Loading editor
    • SunXia wrote: There were a lot of different factors you are no considering. He didn't defeat Yhwach without aid and the other wasn't really a fight now was it, Tenjiro enjoys messing with people. Don't change articles without agreement in future unless it's something minor.

      Does this count? Ichigo arrived from the Soul King Palace to Soul Society in less than a day, something that Tenjiro thought would be impossible. According to Tenjiro, it would take about one week.

        Loading editor
    • That's not Hoho that's falling as getting to and from SS to the palace isn't a usual process. Please don't upload images that belong to Tite Kubo without Fair Use Rationale and legal tagging Those images also have awful file names which we are strict about here.. Can check all this in Bleach Wiki:Image Policy.

        Loading editor
    • SunXia wrote: That's not Hoho that's falling as getting to and from SS to the palace isn't a usual process. Please don't upload images that belong to Tite Kubo without Fair Use Rationale and legal tagging Those images also have awful file names which we are strict about here.. Can check all this in Bleach Wiki:Image Policy.

      Yet, the word about one week travel from Soul King Palace to Soul Society is coming from Tenjiro's own mouth. If Tenjiro knew it was possible to reach Soul Society all the way from Soul King Palace in less than a day, why would he be shocked for in the first since Tenjiro is a Shunpo Master himself? If a Shunpo Master thought such travel wouldn't be possible, and Ichigo could do it, shouldn't he fall under the same category as a Shunpo Master?

        Loading editor
    • I removed that illegal image for a reason don't add it back in, its edit warring. I explained to you why I removed it, do not re-add it. Again Tenjiro wasn't looking normal there he was messing about you can see this from the reactions and such. But I'm not the only person who needs to agree to this. Have patience.

        Loading editor
    • SunXia wrote: I removed that illegal image for a reason don't add it back in, its edit warring. I explained to you why I removed it, do not re-add it. Again Tenjiro wasn't looking normal there he was messing about you can see this from the reactions and such. But I'm not the only person who needs to agree to this. Have patience.

      Tenjiro was messing around, yet he was same guy who made the trip himself on foot, and from his own travel time assumed it would take about one week? The shocked looks from Tenjiro's face says otherwise.

      As for the punch Ichigo received from Tenjiro, that was Ichigo who recently recovered before gaining his true Shinigami powers. Again, Tenjiro was once again shocked when Ichigo manage to react to his fist, and expressed fear in that regard when his fist was mangled. You think Tenjiro was holding back the punch? He had the full intention of hurting Ichigo to prove that he fully recovered. Why would he give him a light punch that only tickles? Not to mention, Ichigo didn't even know Tenjiro would punch him.

        Loading editor
    • Yyp

      JohnCenaNation wrote:

      Tenjiro was messing around, yet he was same guy who made the trip himself on foot, and from his own travel time assumed it would take about one week? The shocked looks from Tenjiro's face says otherwise.

      As for the punch Ichigo received from Tenjiro, that was Ichigo who recently recovered before gaining his true Shinigami powers. Again, Tenjiro was once again shocked when Ichigo manage to react to his fist, and expressed fear in that regard when his fist was mangled. You think Tenjiro was holding back the punch? He had the full intention of hurting Ichigo to prove that he fully recovered. Why would he give him a light punch that only tickles? Not to mention, Ichigo didn't even know Tenjiro would punch him.

      I dont read the bolded part that way. The page you posted clearly shows Tenjiro saying that it would take Ichigo a week traveling at his (Ichigo's) normal speed, not Tenjiro's. It is clearly a tease. I don't remember off hand what feats of speed Ichigo showed after the royal palace training, maybe there is something there to warrant bumping him up to master but that is not evidence of it.

        Loading editor
    • Yyp wrote:

      JohnCenaNation wrote:

      Tenjiro was messing around, yet he was same guy who made the trip himself on foot, and from his own travel time assumed it would take about one week? The shocked looks from Tenjiro's face says otherwise.

      As for the punch Ichigo received from Tenjiro, that was Ichigo who recently recovered before gaining his true Shinigami powers. Again, Tenjiro was once again shocked when Ichigo manage to react to his fist, and expressed fear in that regard when his fist was mangled. You think Tenjiro was holding back the punch? He had the full intention of hurting Ichigo to prove that he fully recovered. Why would he give him a light punch that only tickles? Not to mention, Ichigo didn't even know Tenjiro would punch him.

      I dont read the bolded part that way. The page you posted clearly shows Tenjiro saying that it would take Ichigo a week traveling at his (Ichigo's) normal speed, not Tenjiro's. It is clearly a tease. I don't remember off hand what feats of speed Ichigo showed after the royal palace training, maybe there is something there to warrant bumping him up to master but that is not evidence of it.

      Except Tenjiro doesn't know how fast Ichigo is and was surprised in both instants, one where he got his arm mangled, the second one where Ichigo made the trip from Soul King Palace to Soul Society in less than a day. Give me one good reason why would a Shunpo Master would be surprised at those two instants? Tenjiro doesn't look like he was joking around with those faces.

        Loading editor
    • Just because your perspective is different doesn't make Yyp wrong. You can tell by the animation on Ichigo's face with his reaction that it was done for laughs with Tenjiro goading him. we have already seen his playful side in many instances in his short tenure in the series. (Throwing a naked Byakuya, scaring Sui-Feng deliberately)

        Loading editor
    • The only feats of speed post-training Ichigo does in his base form that I recall are jumping behind the Femritters to save Kenpachi and intercepting Yhwach to protect the Soul King. His speed definitely improved, but I don't think it's to the level of master because we've seen much more impressive feats from the likes of Shunsui, Aizen, etc.

        Loading editor
    • Xilinoc wrote: The only feats of speed post-training Ichigo does in his base form that I recall are jumping behind the Femritters to save Kenpachi and intercepting Yhwach to protect the Soul King. His speed definitely improved, but I don't think it's to the level of master because we've seen much more impressive feats from the likes of Shunsui, Aizen, etc.

      What about him blocking an attack from Robert, the Quincy that took Shunsui's right eye?

        Loading editor
    • Shunpo is something someone is trained in, they learn it and it takes time. Yoruichi, Sui-feng, Byakuya, Tenjiro, and others have had years of practice that make them exceptional in the art. Ichigo has never trained in Shunpo besides in the basics. He has no skill in the various techniques nor the years of experience required to be considered a master. Tenjiro and ichigo's altercation as it were only proves ichigo's ability to take a hit and his bodies durability. But not significant beyond showing his level of fast recovery. Falling is not shunpo, now being that ichigo fell real fast maybe he is a master at falling fast but that doesn't make him a master at shunpo. We also don't classify the art of falling so that is irrelevant on the article page. Also by your own admission, Tenjiro doesn't know how fast ichigo is so by that logic your argument in using what he said to justify that ichigo is a master of something holds no water, therefore that makes his viewpoint irrelevant cause he doesn't have enough information to determine anything about ichigo's speed. All he has pointed out was his surprise that ichigo maybe going faster then he thought he was capable of going while falling and because of that calculates how long it will take him to get to where he is going. Its a simple observation on his rate of speed falling to SS and not his expert opinion on shunpo speed which ichigo wasn't even using. Ichigo is considered a expert alongside many other characters which is respectable.

        Loading editor
    • JohnCenaNation wrote: What about him blocking an attack from Robert, the Quincy that took Shunsui's right eye?

      Ichigo didn't block Robert's attack, he knocked his hand away - not only was that after Robert caught him by surprise in the first place, it's not a display of Shunpo, as Ichigo just moved his arm.

        Loading editor
    • Xilinoc wrote:

      JohnCenaNation wrote: What about him blocking an attack from Robert, the Quincy that took Shunsui's right eye?

      Ichigo didn't block Robert's attack, he knocked his hand away - not only was that after Robert caught him by surprise in the first place, it's not a display of Shunpo, as Ichigo just moved his arm.

      Robert caught Shunsui off-guard? He literally went behind Shunsui and shot his right eye out immediately after Shunsui kicked him in the gutter. You can't catch someone off-guard from a close distance like that unless you are really fast. Robert just happened to be too fast for Shunsui. Yet Ichigo manage to react to a point-blank range which Shunsui was incapable of.

        Loading editor
    • Salubri wrote: Shunpo is something someone is trained in, they learn it and it takes time. Yoruichi, Sui-feng, Byakuya, Tenjiro, and others have had years of practice that make them exceptional in the art. Ichigo has never trained in Shunpo besides in the basics. He has no skill in the various techniques nor the years of experience required to be considered a master. Tenjiro and ichigo's altercation as it were only proves ichigo's ability to take a hit and his bodies durability. But not significant beyond showing his level of fast recovery. Falling is not shunpo, now being that ichigo fell real fast maybe he is a master at falling fast but that doesn't make him a master at shunpo. We also don't classify the art of falling so that is irrelevant on the article page. Also by your own admission, Tenjiro doesn't know how fast ichigo is so by that logic your argument in using what he said to justify that ichigo is a master of something holds no water, therefore that makes his viewpoint irrelevant cause he doesn't have enough information to determine anything about ichigo's speed. All he has pointed out was his surprise that ichigo maybe going faster then he thought he was capable of going while falling and because of that calculates how long it will take him to get to where he is going. Its a simple observation on his rate of speed falling to SS and not his expert opinion on shunpo speed which ichigo wasn't even using. Ichigo is considered a expert alongside many other characters which is respectable.

      How can someone fall down the stairs that fast from that high above? You are ignoring the fact that majority of the Shunpo Masters doesn't access to either one of the techniques in Shunpo. I haven't even seen Shunsui, Aizen, Ukitake, Yamamoto, Koga or Tenjiro use Utsusemi, Speed Clone, nor Senka. So why are they Shunpo Masters?

        Loading editor
    • Gravity

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kubos to this message
You've given this message Kubos!
See who gave Kubos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.