"Even in this battle of spiritual powers, Shinigami and Quincy are completely different. Shinigami materialize Reiryoku from their own Souls into a Zanpakutō; they use the power from within. Quincy gather random ambient Reishi, coat it in their own Reiryoku, and materialize it as Hollow-killing weapons; we use the power from without, so to speak."
A Quincy combines the Reishi in the atmosphere and the power of their Quincy Cross in order to form a weapon. Spirit Weapons, like Zanpakutō, are also capable of harming Hollows, which is their intended purpose. However, a Spirit Weapon completely destroys Hollows rather than purifying them. The only thing that limits the power of a Quincy's Spirit Weapon is the Quincy's own stamina and spiritual power.
In order to form a Spirit Weapon, the Quincy must meet certain criteria. All conditions must be met in order for the weapon to be formed.
- Above-Average Spiritual Power: A Quincy must have sufficient spirit energy to create a weapon, and will not be able to unless their power increases.
- Quincy Cross: The Quincy cross gives the power to create the weapon, acting as a kind of focus. Without one, a weapon cannot be formed.
- Reishi Environment: Spirit Weapons rely on Reishi. There must be Reishi in the area for the Quincy to form a weapon.
In the past, Quincy only manifested bows and arrows to fight with. Such weapons are still used by the traditionalists. Modern Quincy developed the ability to form a variety of weapons around 200 years ago.
- A Quincy with just average level spiritual power is more likely to produce weapons in the form of a blue energy.
- A Quincy with significant mastery of their spiritual power is more likely to produce weapons with a far more physical, metallic appearance.
- Heilig Bogen (神聖弓 (ハイリッヒ・ボーグン), Hairihhi Bōgun; German for "Holy Bow", Japanese for "Sacred Bow"): A standard bow formed by traditional Quincy as their primary weapon to launch arrows. Modern Quincy who still use the Heilig Bogen can customize its appearance and size to suit their personal motifs and strength, such as more decorative design or a crossbow.
- Heilig Pfeil (神聖滅矢 (ハイリッヒ・プファイル), Hairihhi Pufairu; German for "Holy Arrow", Japanese for "Sacred Destruction Arrows"): They are the primary attack used by Quincy. Spiritual energy formed into the shape of an arrow that is capable of injuring and/or killing spiritual beings. The arrows can be created by collecting Reishi, absorbing Reiryoku from an opponent or gathering spirit energy, giving the Quincy many ways to form their arrows. They are the Quincy equivalent of an average arrow, but if the arrows are shot continuously, they can eventually injure the wielders' hands.
- Seele Schneider (魂を切り裂くもの (ゼーレシュナイダー), Zēreshunaidā; German for "Soul Cutter", Japanese for "That Which Slits the Soul") are sword-like weapons used by the Quincy.
|Kojaku||The basic bow that is usable by all Quincy, it is formed by gathering Reishi in the "Quincy Cross" on the right hand. The arrows that it releases are also made of Reishi. It can destroy Hollows in long-range attacks.|
|Ginrei Kojaku||Uryū Ishida's second bow. It is composed of Reishi encircling the Quincy cross. It can simultaneously fire up to 1200 arrows.|
|Heilig Bogen||17 months after Aizen's defeat, Uryū displayed this new bow which is smaller and solid in appearance. Ryūken Ishida displays a similar bow though his is slightly larger. |
|Heilig Bogen||After joining the Wandenreich, Uryū wields a new, light-colored bow. It is roughly as tall as he is and has semi-straight arms tapering off into points, with the handle being significantly less thick than the rest of the bow is.|
|Heilig Bogen||During his battle with Jugram Haschwalth, Uryū uses a bow with four long prongs and two spikes extending from the center..|
|Heilig Bogen||Ryūken Ishida wields a white bow, the size of which he can change at will and fire with one hand.|
|Heilig Bogen||During the Quincy Blood War, Ryūken wields a much smaller silver bow about the size of a handgun with one hand.|
|Heilig Bogen||Masaki Kurosaki wielded a long bow with a relatively thin handle.|
|Heilig Bogen||Masaki also used a much smaller bow about the size of a handgun, which she wielded with one hand.|
|Unnamed Saber||A military saber used by the leader of the first Jagdarmee, Quilge Opie. The sword is solid in its appearance and though not a bow, it is still capable of firing a Heilig Pfeil by manifesting two protrusions from the edge of the sword.|
|Unnamed Cannons||A very large crescent-shaped artillery weapon that fires powerful blasts of spiritual energy from its four cannon-like protrusions. It is the weapon of the Arrancar, Asguiaro Ebern.|
|Unnamed Pistol||A powerful pistol used by Robert Accutrone. It fires condensed Reishi at the opponent and its muzzle flash is shaped in the form of the Wandenreich's symbol.|
|Unnamed Thorns||Äs Nödt's spirit weapon takes the form of several thorns which hover in the air. The thorns impale enemies and cause them to experience true fear, causing many to scream as they die.|
|Unnamed Sword||A short broadsword used by Bambietta Basterbine that holds similarities to a Chinese Dao and a Zulfiqar. The blade is quite strong, capable of cutting down opponents with relative ease.|
|Unnamed Tekkō||Driscoll Berci's Spirit Weapon is a pair of tekkō like bands that encircle his knuckles and display the Wandenreich symbol. When used, his Heilig Pfeil becomes more like a javelin than an arrow, being fired one at a time.|
|Unnamed Claws||Cang Du's Spirit Weapon consists of two four-bladed claws that he wears on the back of either wrist.|
|Unnamed Throwing Knives||Shaz Domino is capable of generating several large throwing knives with handles in the shape of the Wandenreich symbol. The knives are strong enough to pierce through Kidō barriers.|
|Unnamed Dadao||A great sword used by Royd Lloyd and Yhwach. The handle is quite long and the crossguard is shaped like a bird.|
|Sankt Bogen||Yhwach manifests an enormous bow anywhere within his general vicinity with proportionally large Heilig Pfeil, which carry enough force to propel him back up to the Soul King Palace with a single shot. He can also utilize these fired arrows into a broadsword for use.|
|Unnamed Broadsword||Yhwach takes an arrow fired by his Sankt Bogen from above him, and then use it as a large broadsword.|
|Unnamed Minigun||BG9 can create a large, 10-barreled mini-gun with the Wandenreich emblem on the side.|
|Heilig Bogen||Candice Catnipp wields a small bow with a heart in the center and arms shaped like lightning bolts. She keeps it stored in a heart-shaped container on the side of her waist.|
|Heilig Bogen||Liltotto Lamperd wields a small bow divided lengthwise by a jagged line, which she keeps stored in a heart-shaped container on the back of her belt. When firing Heilig Pfeil, the bow opens slightly, resembling a bear trap in appearance.|
|Heilig Bogen||Giselle Gewelle wields a small bow with a heart in the center and arms shaped like skeleton bones. She keeps it stored in a heart-shaped container on the side of her waist. |
|Heilig Bogen||Meninas McAllon wields a small bow with a heart in the center and arms branching out of it. She keeps it stored in a heart-shaped container on the front of her belt.|
|Heilig Bogen||Bazz-B wields a large crossbow with a handle shaped like that of a handgun.|
|Heilig Bogen||PePe Waccabrada wields a small bow with a thick handle and Heilig Pfeil shaped like feathered arrows with wispy heads.|
|Hoffnung||Gerard Valkyrie wields a black double-edged sword with a v-shaped guard, which he keeps inside his shield.|
|Heilig Bogen||Gerard also wields a large bow with two handles holding the string, which he forms between his two hands.|
|Diagramm||Lille Barro wields a large rifle which is mostly covered in dark green fur and has a long barrel. He carries it on his back underneath his cloak.|
|Heilig Bogen||Askin Nakk Le Vaar wields a large bow with a handle composed of several connected circles. He forms it by drawing it out of the cuff on his wrist.|
|Heilig Bogen||Pernida Parnkgjas wields a large, standard bow, which it forms between its index and ring fingers.|
Appearances in Other Media
|Heilig Bogen||In BLEACH, Uryū Ishida wields a Heilig Bogen with a metallic appearance and light blue Reishi accents. He forms it by separating his Quincy Cross into two segments connected by a string of Reishi, with the cylindrical segment growing into the handle and limbs as he pulls them apart. At full size, it is longer than Uryū is tall.|
- While the term Spirit Weapon (霊子兵装, Reishi Heisō) largely refers to the various offense-only weapons created Quincy from ambient Reishi, when preparing to confront White, Ryūken Ishida had Kanae Katagiri prepare a set of armor and a large bow that were stored in his family's home and which he referred to as Reishi Heisō as well; this is due to the last two kanji, 兵装, meaning "armament" when read together and "war-garb" when read separately, allowing the term to broadly cover all spiritual battle implements used by Quincy.
- Bleach manga; Chapter 49, page 3
- Bleach Official Character Book Souls, page 260
- Bleach manga; Chapter 36, page 13
- Bleach anime; Episode 89
- Bleach manga; Chapter 258, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 491, pages 5-6
- Bleach manga, Chapter 34, page 18
- Bleach manga, Chapter 243, pages 1-4
- Bleach manga, Chapter 186, pages 1-2
- Bleach manga, Chapter 186, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 631, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 510, pages 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 583, page 1
- Bleach manga; Chapter 586, pages 2-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 595, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 258, pages 16-17
- Bleach anime; Episode 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 258, page 2
- Bleach Official Character Book Souls; page 66
- Bleach Official Character Book 2 MASKED; page 44
- Bleach manga; Chapter 470, page 15
- Bleach manga, Chapter 186, page 1
- Bleach manga; Chapter 586, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 674, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 186, pages 1-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 682, page 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 532, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 532, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 490, pages 4-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 483, pages 5-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 497, pages 9-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 501, pages 8-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 495, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 503, pages 13-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 505, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 512, page 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 506, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 605, pages 15-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 510, pages 12-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 549, pages 9-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 582, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 583, page 1
- Bleach manga; Chapter 582, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 586, page 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 595, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 599, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 671, pages 8-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 599, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 602, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 640, page 8
- Bleach live-action film
- Bleach manga; Chapter 531, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 533, page 8