|English||Spanish for "Sound"
Japanese for "Reverberating Turn"
|Technique Type||Arrancar Technique|
Sonído (響転 (ソニード), Sonīdo; Spanish for "Sound", Japanese for "Reverberating Turn") is a high-speed movement technique of the Arrancar. It is equivalent to the Shinigami's Shunpo and the Quincy's Hirenkyaku, which are roughly equal in terms of speed.
While somewhat similar to Hohō in regards to function and speed, Sonído appears to be more instinctual, seemingly requiring no previous knowledge to perform. It produces a different sound; rather than the swishing or sometimes silent Shunpo of the Shinigami, Sonído makes a booming or static noise. Though the technique is exhibited by most Arrancar, the proficiency with which it can be performed is limited only by the individual, with Zommari Rureaux possessing the fastest Sonído among the Espada. Coyote Starrk is also a notable user of Sonído, being able to cover tremendous distances at such speed that his Sonído seems akin to teleportation.
- While the accurate spelling of the word in Spanish would be "Sonido", it is spelled as "Sonído" in official translations.
- Bleach Official Character Book 2 MASKED, page 131
- Bleach manga; Chapter 210, pages 10-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 299, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 313, pages 13-17
- Bleach Official Character Book 2 MASKED, page 251
|Abilities||Bala • Cero • Gran Rey Cero • Hierro • Pesquisa • Resurrección • Sonído • Reiryoku • Reiatsu • Descorrer • High-Speed Regeneration|
|Military||Espada • Numeros • Exequias|
|Locations||Hueco Mundo • Las Noches|
|Other||Hollow • List of Arrancar|