Shaz is a slender man with blonde hair shaved into 5 parts. He has a number of markings similar to leopard spots on the right side of his face and wears full-framed glasses. His attire is the orders signature hooded-cloak, a variation of the Sternritter's typical white uniform with several buttons along his cuffs and pants, and coattails underneath a yellow leopard print vest.
Shaz is a sadistic man with no empathy for his victims, having taken great pleasure in massacring and injuring members of the Shinigami Research and Development Institute without remorse. He is also brazenly confident, having attempted to brag about his unique power to Ichigo Kurosaki even as the latter was attacking him.
The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
Once there, Shaz and the others create pillars of blue flame prior to engaging the Shinigami in battle. Shortly after Captain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto's death, Shaz stands among the ruins of the SRDI, having already killed a number of scientists and thrown three knives into Akon's back, just as the latter manages to free Ichigo Kurosaki from the Garganta. Spotting Ichigo, whom he does not recognize, Shaz introduces himself as one of the Sternritter and starts to relate his special ability to him, but is interrupted and attacked. Members of the Gotei 13 and Sternritter sense what's going on, as Mask De Masculine notes Shaz's Reiatsu has vanished. Yhwach and Jugram Haschwalth later identify the Reiatsu that attacked Shaz as belonging to Ichigo.
Powers & Abilities
Reishi Manipulation: As a Quincy he primarily absorbs spiritual energy from the atmosphere, and combines it with his own spiritual energy to form weapons. He has an easier time collecting this energy in environments with higher concentrations of Reishi such as in Soul Society or Hueco Mundo.
- Blut (血装 (ブルート), Burūto; German for "Blood", Japanese for "Blood Guise"): An advanced Quincy technique which grants one inhuman offensive and defensive capabilities, generated by making Reishi flow into the user's blood vessels. The independent forms for attack and defense cannot be employed simultaneously.
Reishi Knives: Using his abilities as a Quincy, Shaz can concentrate both spirit energy and particles in order to transform them into weapons. His favored weapon manifests in the form of several throwing knives which, while having large solid blades, possess much smaller handles similar in shape to the Wandenreich's five-pointed cross emblem. By gripping the blade, Shaz can throw these knives with enough force to pierce a Kidō barrier and a high-ranking seated Shinigami located within.
Appearances in Other Media
- The fanbook 13 BLADEs. contains a short story named 'Beginning of the revive of Tomorrow, which explores Shaz's history as a creation of Gremmy Thoumeaux and his Schrift, Sigma (聖傷 (シグマ), Shiguma; Japanese for "Holy Scar"). Read more...
- Bleach manga; Chapter 512, page 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 490 pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 494 pages 5-6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 512, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 512, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 512, pages 15-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 499, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 547 page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 499, pages 8-9
Battles & Events
|Fall of the Seireitei||Chapter 512||None|
|Members||A: Yhwach (Sovereign) • Argola • Hubert • Zeidritz • Arrancar: Asguiaro Ebern • Luders Friegen Artificial creation: Guenael Lee|
|Schutzstaffel||A: Uryū Ishida • C: Pernida Parnkgjas • D: Askin Nakk Le Vaar • M: Gerard Valkyrie • X: Lille Barro|
|Sternritter||B: Jugram Haschwalth • E: Bambietta Basterbine • F: Äs Nödt • G: Liltotto Lamperd • H: Bazz-B • I: Cang Du • J: Quilge Opie • K: BG9 • L: PePe Waccabrada • N: Robert Accutrone • O: Driscoll Berci • P: Meninas McAllon • Q: Berenice Gabrielli • R: Jerome Guizbatt • S: Mask De Masculine • T: Candice Catnipp • U: NaNaNa Najahkoop • V: Gremmy Thoumeaux • W: Nianzol Weizol • Y: Loyd Lloyd • Y: Royd Lloyd • Z: Giselle Gewelle • ?: Shaz Domino|
|Related||Wandenreich • Jagdarmee • Sternritter • Quincy • Arrancar|