"From the very start, no one has stood upon the heavens. Not you, not I, nor even gods. However, that intolerable vacuum has come to an end. Henceforth...I shall stand upon the heavens."
Sōsuke Aizen (藍染 惣右介, Aizen Sōsuke) is the former captain of the 5th Division in the Gotei 13. He later leaves Soul Society with his followers, Gin Ichimaru and Kaname Tōsen. His lieutenant was Momo Hinamori. He formerly served as the lieutenant of the 5th Division under Shinji Hirako. After waging war against Soul Society with an army of Arrancar, Aizen was defeated by Ichigo Kurosaki and sealed away by Kisuke Urahara, and then imprisoned for his crimes.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Plot
- 5 Inventions
- 6 Equipment
- 7 Powers & Abilities
- 8 Former Powers & Abilities
- 9 Weaknesses
- 10 Appearances in Other Media
- 11 Censorship
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Quotes
- 14 References
- 15 Titles
- 16 Navigation
When he was a member of the Gotei 13, Aizen appeared as a mild-featured man with brown scholarly hair enhanced by square glasses, along with soft brown eyes. He wore the standard Shinigami uniform with a captain's haori. During his ascent to Hueco Mundo, he removed his glasses and swept his hand through his hair, revealing menacing eyes and a very different hairstyle; his hair is now swept back, with a strand hanging down his face.
In Hueco Mundo, Aizen initially wears Arrancar style-clothes over his shihakushō. After Orihime Inoue is taken to Las Noches, Aizen wears full clothing similar in style to the Arrancar, complete with a pink sash around the waist.
Upon his defeat by Ichigo Kurosaki, Aizen loses all of the physical changes made by his transformation and returns to the physical form he had prior to transforming. While imprisoned in Muken, he wears an almost entirely black outfit with white trimming, a large black eyepatch over his right eye and black boots. A tattered white rag is wrapped around his shoulders.
Aizen is a polite, soft-spoken intellectual, often addressing his subordinates by their given names. He rarely shows any sign of alarm or distress, and often has entire situations planned out well in advance. Whenever confronted, Aizen is casual and uncaring, attempting to draw out a conversation and make small talk, which often infuriates those he is talking to.
Aizen initially appeared to be a very kind, well-respected captain and was looked up to by many, especially his lieutenant, Momo Hinamori. However, this was just a mask to disguise his manipulative, and very dangerous, nature. In truth, he cares very little for his underlings, and is willing to use almost everyone around him as pawns to achieve his goals. He is willing to stop at nothing to further his ambitions, including manipulating or killing anyone if he deems it to be necessary. He frequently toys with his underlings for amusement.
During his time as a captain, Aizen liked tofu, but he disliked boiled eggs. In his free time, he often read, and he gave a special lecture of calligraphy at the Shin'ō Academy because he excelled in this branch of arts. This optional course was immensely popular among the Shinigami students, and many of them felt great sorrow at Aizen's sudden departure.
As the commander of his army of Arrancar, Aizen controls his minions through acquired respect or fear. Ulquiorra Cifer revealed to Orihime Inoue that they are all there to further Aizen's ambitions. Aizen keeps more rowdy individuals like Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez in line through intimidation and mind games. The Arrancar Aisslinger Wernarr claims the Arrancar follow him because he has no fear, something which beings born from fear and despair find inspiring.
Gin Ichimaru has some sense of Aizen's emotions and feelings, correctly pointing out Aizen was enjoying the invasion by Ichigo and his friends and their successes within Las Noches, which Aizen himself confirmed, and noting Aizen was surprised by the arrival of Momo during the battle of Fake Karakura Town. In contrast, Kaname Tōsen has shown no such understanding, and has fallen victim to one of Aizen's more minor mind games when Aizen subtly manipulated him into punishing Grimmjow for him while Aizen himself kept up his appearance of benevolence.
Aizen's true objective was to overthrow the king of Soul Society. As he and his fellow traitor captains were departing from the Soul Society, he told 13th Division Captain Jūshirō Ukitake "no one has stood on the top of the world", not even the gods, but he aspires to "stand on the heavens and end the unbearable vacancy on the world's throne".
According to Kisuke Urahara, since mastering the Hōgyoku, Aizen has become less cautious in battle, for Aizen would not have allowed Urahara to use level 90 Kidō before he subdued the Hōgyoku. Aizen admits his new powers allow him to let his guard down. Due to this newfound power, Aizen has developed an arrogant and overconfident attitude, often not even thinking his attacks or defense through any longer like he used to, or even bothering to find out the effects of his opponents' and his own attacks. In his newest form, he has developed a severe superiority complex, believing he is now above both Shinigami and Hollows. Because of his superior attitude and high intelligence, Aizen is easily enraged when facing something or someone which he does not understand; for example, when witnessing Ichigo Kurosaki use Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō, Aizen becomes furious because he is unable to comprehend how a Human has surpassed him.
By the time he is released from Muken, he has reverted to his calm, casual personality, brushing aside Shunsui Kyōraku's praise regarding his current abilities, and somewhat undergoes a change of heart, even being willing to fight against Yhwach and assist Ichigo before returning to Muken. He disagrees with Yhwach's philosophy about combining all three planes of existence to eliminate the fear of death and believes that people would never have the courage to move forward against such a threat in Yhwach's world.
Soul Society arc
From there, Aizen changes his clothing style to resemble the Arrancar, and begins to create several Arrancar. At some point, he finds Coyote Starrk and Lilynette Gingerbuck and is impressed by the mountain of dead Hollows nearby. When Aizen asks Starrk if the Hollows were killed by him, Starrk tells him the Hollows just died. When Aizen makes an offer to Starrk to join him as an ally, Starrk believes Aizen to be strong and agrees to join him. Later, Aizen sends Grand Fisher and two other powerful Hollows to the Human World. Grand Fisher is killed by Isshin Kurosaki, and the other two Hollows are killed by Ryūken Ishida. Isshin and Urahara theorize Aizen sent these pseudo-Arrancar to the Human World to look for information on Ichigo.
Later, Aizen sends Ulquiorra Cifer and Yammy Llargo to find Ichigo and report on his progress. They almost kill Tatsuki Arisawa, Yasutora Sado, and Orihime Inoue, and Yammy manages to kill a large amount of people in the park. After the mission is completed, Ulquiorra and Yammy head to a meeting consisting of Aizen and 20 other Arrancar (including fellow Espada members Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez and Tier Harribel). Ulquiorra uses Solita Vista to show what he has seen to the others and Aizen. After Grimmjow and Shawlong Koufang question Ulquiorra and Yammy on why they just did not kill them as ordered, Aizen states he is impressed with Ulquiorra's work. Later, Grimmjow and his Fracción (Shawlong, Edrad Liones, Nakeem Grindina, Yylfordt Granz, and Di Roy Rinker) invade Karakura Town without orders, prompting Kaname Tōsen to travel there, bring back Grimmjow (his Fracción were killed during their unauthorized mission), and punish Grimmjow himself when Aizen refuses to take action.
Later, after examining Orihime's powers, Aizen decides to initiate another invasion on Karakura Town, letting Ulquiorra pick the members of the invasion force, though Aizen personally sends Grimmjow as well. Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Yammy, Luppi Antenor, and Wonderweiss Margela go to invade Karakura Town to capture Orihime. Ulquiorra succeeds in forcing Orihime to join Aizen's side and brings her to Las Noches, where he has her display her power by restoring Grimmjow's amputated left arm and reveals to the Arrancar present how Orihime's powers are rejection, meaning she can "reject" anything which has happened.
Hueco Mundo arc
Calling the Espada to a meeting, Aizen invites them to have some tea. As they are drinking their tea, Aizen reveals to them the presence of Ichigo, Uryū, and Sado. When the Espada begin to dismiss the group as not dangerous, Aizen warns them to not underestimate the trio and reveals their exploits in Soul Society. When Aizen identifies Orihime as the missing member of their group and states they have come to rescue her, Grimmjow begins to leave and states he is going to go eradicate the threat in Aizen's name. Stopping him, Aizen resorts to intimidating Grimmjow with his Reiatsu when the latter hesitates to back down. As Grimmjow is brought to his knees by Aizen's immense Reiatsu, Aizen tells the other Espada to return to their palaces and wait patiently. Telling them not to be overconfident, Aizen says they do not to be afraid because no one can defeat them as long as they are with him.
At one point, Aizen has Orihime brought to his room by Loly Aivirrne and Menoly Mallia. After sending the two Arrancar away, Aizen shows Orihime the Hōgyoku. Asking Orihime to interpret him showing her the Hōgyoku as a sign of his trust in her, Aizen asks Orihime to use Sōten Kisshun to undo some minor damage which has occurred to the Hōgyoku from being repeatedly reawakened.
Following the arrival of Ichigo and company at Las Noches, Aizen is informed of Dordoni Alessandro Del Socaccio's death by a messenger. Unsurprised by Dordoni's demise, Aizen expresses surprise at Ichigo struggling against him. Cornering the messenger by catching him in a lie of omission, Aizen demands to know who sent the Exequias after Dordoni. When the messenger does not answer, Szayelaporro Granz intervenes and reveals he is the one who did so before begging Aizen's forgiveness, which Aizen grants him. As Szayelaporro turns to leave, Aizen tells him to make his reports more thorough next time, shocking Szayelaporro, before asking him if the Reiatsu record he obtained from Dordoni will aid in his research. Confirming this, Szayelaporro leaves. Following his departure, Gin, who had been present in with Aizen the entire time, asks Aizen if he is enjoying himself even though his subordinates are losing, prompting Aizen to confess the emotion he is feeling at the moment is akin to enjoyment.
After Aaroniero Arruruerie, Szayelaporro, Zommari Rureaux, Grimmjow, and Nnoitra Gilga are defeated by Ichigo, his friends, and the invading Shinigami captains, Aizen has Coyote Starrk bring Orihime to him. Telling Orihime to smile and wait where she is while they go and destroy Karakura Town, Aizen has Tōsen use Bakudō #77. Tenteikūra. Using this, Aizen reveals his true motivation behind the capture of Orihime to Ichigo and the others: by kidnapping Orihime, he inspired Ichigo and his friends to attempt a rescue, thereby depriving Soul Society of a valuable military asset, and when four captains assisted in her rescue, adding to the three which had already defected, Soul Society was left at half its regular strength, so he and his forces are now ready to attack. Leaving with Gin, Tōsen, Tier Harribel, Baraggan Louisenbairn, Starrk, and their Fracción to invade Karakura Town, Aizen leaves Las Noches in the hands of Ulquiorra.
Fake Karakura Town arc
The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
- Hōgyoku (崩玉, Crumbling Orb; Viz "Breakdown Sphere"): Aizen has stated he arrived at the conclusion of the Hōgyoku before Kisuke Urahara, though it ended in failure. In order to finalize the Hōgyoku, the souls of hundreds upon hundreds of Shinigami and hundreds and hundreds of Rukongai citizens who bore Shinigami potential needed to be sacrificed to it, but it still was not satisfied. According to the experimental data, Urahara's Hōgyoku was also incomplete, so Aizen decided to steal this Hōgyoku and present it to his own. Produced as a result of Aizen's Hollowfication research, this Hōgyoku is what gave the Visored their Hollow powers. This process seems to spread as some form of infection through wounds, which only has the desired effects on souls with high amounts of Reiryoku and not souls with low amounts of Reiryoku. Those infected experience great sickness and fatigue until they vomit up a white liquid, which forms the beginnings of their Hollow mask before proceeding to transform their bodies and warp their minds. Other than this, all which is known is the process is accelerated by aggressive emotions. The conclusive result turns a Shinigami into a primarily Hollow-like humanoid, which is a highly unstable transformation causing mindlessness and aggression.
- Caja Negación (反膜の匪 (カハ・ネガシオン), kaha negashion; Spanish for "Negation Box", Japanese for "Anti-Membrane of Negation"): This cube traps a subject in an alternate dimension from which there is no escape; however, this assumes it is being used as intended; it was meant to punish weaker Arrancar for disobeying the Espada commanding them. More powerful Arrancar, namely the Espada themselves, can escape, given enough time.
- Hollow Research and Development: During his tenure as a Shinigami and after his defection, Aizen spent much time researching Shinigami and Hollows in order to break down the boundaries between them. Because of this, he was able to create Hollows with Shinigami-like abilities. He created Hollows with the ability to hide their Reiatsu like the ones who attacked Renji Abarai, Izuru Kira, and Momo Hinamori during their training, Hollows, like Metastacia, with the ability to shatter a Shinigami's Zanpakutō and fuse with them, and even a Hollow using a Shinigami's soul as a base. However, according to Aizen, all of these ended in failures. After his defection, he began using the Hōgyoku to create Arrancar who were far more powerful than naturally occurring Arrancar. Aizen gave Hollow powers to a Shinigami, namely Kaname Tōsen, who gained both a Hollow's mask and a Resurrección.
- Reiatsu Concealing Cloak: A cloak created by Urahara which hides the wearer's Reiatsu. Aizen used this cloak to sneak up and attack Isshin Shiba. Aizen states it allows the wearer to blend in with the air around them by incorporating Kidō into the cloak, almost completely concealing them from sight.
Powers & Abilities
Genius Intellect: Arguably, the most fearsome trait of Aizen is his tremendous intellect. He is well-versed in the history, strategy, and tactics of Soul Society, and is privy to knowledge unknown to many, such as the existence of the Ōken and its method of creation. He has created several Hollows and Arrancar while avoiding any suspicion from the majority of Soul Society. For over 110 years, he had been engaging in experiments involving unique and highly dangerous manipulations of Reiryoku and Reishi, including experiments involving the Hollowfication of Shinigami, something which had never been done before. He has an innate knowledge of the Hōgyoku, rivaling that of its creator, Kisuke Urahara, even knowing how to destroy it. He figured out the true nature of Shinji Hirako's Shikai, allowing him to counter its effect. He effectively deduces the true nature of the Hōgyoku via trial and error of the situations which revolve around it.
- Master Manipulator: Aizen has proven himself to be a very crafty and cunning man since his public betrayal of Soul Society. He can deceive and manipulate others around him in different ways for a variety of purposes. For years, he convinced everyone around him he was a kind-hearted man with the best intentions for Soul Society while performing horrific actions. He has a great talent for analyzing and observing everything in his presence, allowing him to understand a person's pattern of thinking and better manipulate them. He can formulate well-thought-out plans several steps ahead of others, some of which have a long term in mind. His most well-known plan spans over 110 years, a great accomplishment which involved moving people around like pieces on a chessboard and making sure they played the role he had planned out for them. He is masterful at plans within plans, such as kidnapping Orihime, allowing him to use her abilities to extend the shelf life of the Hōgyoku and lure many of his enemies into Hueco Mundo to trap them, making it easier for him to accomplish the goal of invading the Soul King Palace.
- Master Strategist & Tactician: Aizen has proven himself to be a masterful and flexible tactician, adjusting seamlessly to any given combat situation, if not planning out events well in advance. He understands the strengths, weaknesses and mannerisms of his enemies, and creates strategies to achieve victory; this includes modifying an Arrancar for the sole purpose of defeating Captain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto, a Shinigami whose abilities surpass his own. Despite viewing his power as worlds beyond others, Aizen is highly cautious in battle, placing special protections on himself so as to leave no blind spots.
Kidō Master: Aizen has immense proficiency in using Kidō spells. He is well-versed in a variety of Kidō types and skilled enough to use even high-level Kidō without the use of their incantation, such as Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi to disable 7th Division Captain Sajin Komamura, albeit only at a third of its power. Even during his time as a lieutenant, he could block high-level Hadō spells such as Hadō #88. Hiryū Gekizoku Shinten Raihō from the likes of Tessai Tsukabishi, captain of the Kidō Corps and the most proficient Kidō master in Soul Society at the time, with Bakudō #81. Dankū. He can also produce powerful protection spells while in battle and can use mid-level spells by stating the name without number or type. After his imprisonment in Muken, Aizen is able to cast the strongest Kidō at full power effortlessly, including using Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi while he was still restrained to a Reiatsu-suppressing chair, and Hadō 99. Goryūtenmetsu, the highest-level offensive spell of all.
Shunpo Master: Aizen is so fast, opponents commonly cannot discern even being attacked by him until after it has taken place. Aizen can easily outmaneuver Ichigo's Bankai and Hollow mask-enhanced speed, to the point where he could casually lay a hand on Ichigo's chest and still dodge a point-blank attack. Aizen can dodge simultaneous attacks at close-range and evade Bankai-level techniques, even when being attacked from behind.
Master Swordsman: Aizen is a highly skilled swordsman, with his skill supplemented by his immense strength. He can perform tremendously powerful and precise strikes and cut through very sturdy targets, such as Renji's Shikai and Komamura's Bankai. Aizen's skill is of such a degree that he can fight against four captains (two of which used their Bankai) and four Visored (with three being former captains of Gotei 13) almost simultaneously and find openings to defeat them with one or two strikes each, as well as easily pressure and overpower a Hollow mask-enhanced Ichigo Kurosaki with only his sealed Zanpakutō.
Hakuda Master: While preferring to finish his fights quickly with his Zanpakutō or Kidō, Aizen is a highly capable unarmed fighter. Repeatedly, Aizen has caught his opponent's weapons with a single bare hand. While fighting offensively, he exhibits tremendous agility and dexterity, combining both sword and barehanded skills to simultaneously strike with his sword and kick opponents with great force.
Immeasurable Spiritual Power: Even by captain standards, Aizen possesses a tremendous amount of Reiryoku. When Aizen noted that the Hōgyoku in its half-awakened state can be fully activated when temporarily fusing with someone with at least twice as much spiritual power as an average captain-level Shinigami, he calmly proved able to do so himself. After the deaths of Baraggan Louisenbairn and Coyote Starrk and Aizen subsequently cutting down Tier Harribel, he claimed to be more powerful than all of the Espada combined. During his battle with the Gotei 13 and the Visored, Aizen was capable of defeating several of his opponents at the same time relatively unscathed, with Gin Ichimaru commenting that no amount of preparation could hope to combat Aizen. After spending a year and a half sealed away in Muken and losing most of the powers granted to him by the Hōgyoku, Aizen's Reiatsu increased to the point where restraining him to a Reiatsu-suppressing chair was necessary to keep it in check, with Urahara even believing that he has surpassed his Hōgyoku-infused forms from his fight with Ichigo after witnessing the destruction wrought by his incantation-less Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi. His Reiatsu is violet. His colossal Reiatsu is the reason why Aizen was chosen as one of the 5 Special War Powers by the Wandenreich.
- Masterful Reiatsu Control: 2nd Division Lieutenant Marechiyo Ōmaeda stated Aizen's mere presence is monstrously overwhelming. The force of Aizen's Reiatsu is great enough to, without any effort, bring Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, the 6th Espada, to his knees. He has stated it takes a lot for him not to "crush an ant" (referring to Renji, the Sixth Division lieutenant) in his path. Aizen's Reiatsu is powerful enough to nullify abilities such as Suì-Fēng's Nigeki Kessatsu, and allow him to remain conscious under the effects of NaNaNa Najahkoop's The Underbelly. After being released from Muken, Aizen displays the ability to use his Reiatsu as a shield that can vaporize living beings that come too close to him, similar to his previous forms when fused with the Hōgyoku. He can focus his Reiatsu to break through dense barriers that are permeated with Reishi.
Immense Strength: Aizen is strong enough to stop the blade of Ichigo's Bankai with just one index finger (albeit Ichigo was already battle-worn from fighting Byakuya Kuchiki) and almost cut him in half with a single sword strike. He can stop the Shikai of both Renji Abarai and Sajin Komamura with just one hand and destroy them with a single swing, proving his strength far exceeds that of the average captain-level opponent. Aizen further displays his strength by cutting through the sword and wrist of Komamura's Bankai. Immediately after Shunsui Kyōraku used one key to remove the seal on Aizen's mouth in Muken, Aizen was able to move freely from his bindings without any further intervention from Shunsui.
Immortality: Due to his interaction and subsequent fusion with the Hōgyoku, he has gained some degree of immortality, allowing him to regenerate from the damage caused by Ichigo's Mugetsu (albeit at the cost of his new Hōgyoku powers) and live past his 20,000 year sentence in Muken. He took no damage from using Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi on himself in an attempt to free himself from the Reiatsu-suppressing chair he was restrained to, despite the technique having destroyed all of Yhwach's remaining eyeball creatures and most of his surroundings. Later, he remained unfazed after being dismembered and impaled by a Soul King-empowered Yhwach, and survived being engulfed by his immense and chaotic Reiatsu.
Kyōka Suigetsu (鏡花水月, Mirror Flower, Water Moon): In its sealed form, it resembles a normal katana. The only decoration is the tsuba, which is a hexagon. The two sides parallel to the blade are long, whereas the four sides above and below the blade are shortened, making it into almost a diamond or prism-like shape. It has a green handle.
- Shikai: The release command is "Shatter" (砕けろ, kudakero) and is used to both activate and deactivate it.
- Shikai Special Ability: The special ability of Kyōka Suigetsu is Kanzen Saimin (完全催眠, Complete Hypnosis). It controls the five senses to the point where it can make the target misinterpret another person's form, shape, mass, feel, and smell to be an enemy's. The initiation condition for the hypnosis is for the enemy to see Kyōka Suigetsu at the exact moment it is released. After seeing it just once, this person will completely succumb to the hypnosis every time it is released, regardless of how long ago they saw it, as the Visored remain affected even after 110 years. When Aizen turns off the hypnosis by force of will, the image shown melts away or shatters. The complete hypnosis of Kyōka Suigetsu is absolutely flawless; even if the target is aware of being under the hypnosis, they cannot resist its influence. The hypnotic abilities of Kyōka Suigetsu make it a highly useful tool in combat, for Aizen can create simple or complex illusions to deceive his opponents. For example, by creating a decoy of himself, or other illusions to distract his opponents, Aizen can hide his own movements and attack with impunity. His opponent will remain focused on the illusion until it is too late to react. After the Hōgyoku disintegrates his Zanpakutō, Aizen is still able to use its illusionary powers, even against Yhwach's The Almighty; however, unlike previous usage of the "Complete Hypnosis" granted by his Shikai, Aizen implies that he isn't aware of what Yhwach is perceiving at the time, and would have no control over Kyōka Suigetsu's influence on Ichigo had he been exposed to its release. Additionally, the hypnosis only lasted until Yhwach revived himself.
- Bankai: Not Revealed.
Former Powers & Abilities
Upon fusing with the Hōgyoku, Aizen goes through a series of transformations. His appearance returns to normal after getting hit by Ichigo Kurosaki's Mugetsu. Kisuke Urahara suspects that the Hōgyoku had rejected Aizen, though Ichigo believes the Hōgyoku had reacted to Aizen's hidden desire to be like everyone else after feeling Aizen's loneliness in their battle. Despite losing access to these forms, Aizen retains his immortality and tremendous Reiryoku, and eventually surpasses the forms by the Quincy Blood War.
First Fusion (第1の融合, Daiichi no Yūgō): Aizen embeds the Hōgyoku into the center of his chest.
Second Fusion (第2の融合, Daini no Yūgō): After Kisuke Urahara attempts to block the Reiatsu vents in Aizen's wrists with a seal, Aizen emerges from the resulting explosion unscathed as a phantom-like figure. Aizen's face is covered with a white canvas, and his outfit is now a white cloak which is split in four sections near his waist. There is a cross in the middle of the cloak, showing where the Hōgyoku is embedded in Aizen. After a short struggle with Yoruichi Shihōin, Aizen's Zanpakutō becomes fused to his arm. When Aizen is attacked, his body appears to crack and fold under damage, only actually bleeding when an attack is powerful enough.
Third Fusion (第3の融合, Daisan no Yūgō): After completing his "chrysalis" stage, Aizen sheds his sleek phantom-like form to reveal a form similar to his original one, with the addition of long hair and gray eyes with purple sclera.
Fourth Fusion (第4の融合): After Gin's Korose, Kamishini no Yari creates a hole in Aizen's chest, Reiryoku erupts from his chest, and Aizen emerges from the blast in this new form. In this form, Aizen has a hole in the center of his chest with a cross in the middle of it. The form-fitting white robe which enveloped Aizen in his past two forms lengthens, and flares out at the ends. In this form, Aizen's irises vanish, as well as his eyebrows and the hair curl which usually hangs over his face. There is a diamond-shaped object embedded in his forehead. Aizen has gained three sets of butterfly-like wings. When he faces Ichigo, Aizen's wings become more pointed, rather than rounded.
Final Fusion (最終融合, Saishū Yūgō): After Aizen is struck by Ichigo, the Hōgyoku forces another transformation upon him, which Aizen claims occurs because it does not want him to lose to a Human. In this form, Aizen takes on a distinctively Hollow-like form. The diamond-shaped point breaks open, revealing a vertical black third eye upon the center of Aizen's forehead, and the skin on his face splits open down the middle and pulls back around the sides of his head to reveal a blackened, demon-like skull. Aizen gains three holes running vertically down his chest, the Hōgyoku standing at the center of the top hole. Aizen's feet become single claws, and his hands and feet become blackened, with his right hand fusing with his Zanpakutō. Aizen's butterfly-like wings change into a set of six sheet-like wings, with eyes set upon the center, adorned with Hollow-like skulls, and trailing into tendrils. Aizen no longer has any semblance of clothing in this form, and his musculature becomes more defined.
Near Flawless Illusions: While the illusions Kyōka Suigetsu creates are quite powerful, those with considerable power and skill themselves may be able to note slight differences in the illusions compared to the real thing, even if they are not able to determine what exactly is different. 4th Division Captain Retsu Unohana detected something was amiss with Aizen's fake corpse, even though she did not realize what it was until seeing Aizen alive.
Touch Negation: The sole way to escape the ability of Kyōka Suigetsu is to touch the blade itself before complete hypnosis is activated.
Appearances in Other Media
|Video Game Appearances|
- In Ryōgo Narita's novel Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You, it is revealed that Aizen's Bankai only works on those who are already hypnotized by his Shikai.
- Aizen is an unlockable character in many of the Bleach video games. Because he is the central antagonist, he is often the final boss, such as in Soul Carnival.
- Aizen makes use of his Zanpakutō's abilities throughout most of the games, but Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi is one of Aizen's best attacks. In Shattered Blade, Versus Crusade, The 3rd Phantom, The Blade of Fate and Dark Souls, Aizen can use other Kidō spells like Hadō #33. Sōkatsui and Bakudō #61. Rikujōkōrō.
- In Soul Resurrección, Aizen appears in his Second, Third, and Final Fusions, but is only playable in his Third Fusion. In these forms, he can use Kidō and is the game's final boss. Additionally, he is the only character who can move while blocking, though he is also the only character who walks and does not run.
- In Soul Resurrección, Aizen's Ultrafragor ability, upon completion, creates a massive explosion which does heavy damage.
- Aizen is playable in all his forms in Bleach: Brave Souls, including a special one released to celebrate the sixth anniversary of the game. Here, Aizen has gained a power beyond Bankai and his final Hōgyoku fusion from the manga by instead fusing the Hōgyoku with Kyōka Suigetsu, drastically altering his appearance similar to the Hōgyoku Resurrección of the Espada.
- Aizen retains the third, pupil-free eye on his forehead from his final fusion while keeping his face, eyes, and hairstyle from his third and fourth fusions, though his hair is now long enough to reach his black shoe and his face has gained symmetrical purple line patterns extending from the outer corner of each eye over his cheeks and temples. He is clad in a form-fitting, white-hemmed black robe, with the section covering his pectorals, shoulders, and neck being white and marked with two short lines on either side at the bottom, two bands of white diagonally encircling his lower torso to meet at the front, and the bottom of the white hem expanding triangularly downward around his midsection; the Hōgyoku, now with four eight-sided purple crystals surrounding it in radial symmetry, floats in a void in the center of Aizen's chest. Clad in white and flaring outward at the biceps with eye-like designs that form flower-like epaulettes, Aizen's arms are no longer connect to his body and instead float next to his shoulders, filled with the same void that houses the Hōgyoku in his chest. Behind Aizen float six wings, resembling glass mirrors at the front and a blank white at the back; the upper two wings resemble thin and angular ovals, while the bottom four wings are shaped like sharp-edged eyes and feature large eye designs mirroring Aizen's own on the back.
- In this form, Aizen is a ranged strong attack character with the "Heart" Attribute and the "Shinigami Killer" and "Captain Killer" abilities. All of his attacks have a chance to inflict both Weaken and Drain at the same time, making him the first character able to inflict two status ailments, and his second strong attack is a slow-moving vortex. He has two Innate Abilities built in at ★5: "Dodge Soul Reaper Damage 50%" and "Paralysis Duration -100%". His unlockable skills are "Bruiser +20%", "Damage Inflicted At Full STA +20%", "Debilitator +5 secs.", "Devastation +40%", "Frenzy +2", "Havoc +20%", "Hit Hidden Enemy Chance: 100%", "Sharpshooter", and "Sprinter +1", while his Soul Trait is "Strong Attack Recharge Time -12%"; meanwhile, his Arena Traits are "Strong Attack Damage +13%" and "Focus +30", while his Arena Abilities other than "All Stats +5%" are "Strong Attack Damage +10%" at level 5 and "Strong Attack Damage +20%" at level 10. Aizen's special is Mugen Hōka (夢幻崩華, Illusion-Shattering Flower), where his foes fall into a mesmerizing illusion that inflicts immense damage, Weaken, and Drain.
- Aizen is also playable in his Muken form, which was released as part of the commemoration for the Thousand-Year Blood War arc gacha tie-in. In this form, Aizen is a ranged strong attack character with the "Mind" Attribute and the "Hollow Killer" ability who has a chance to inflict Weaken with every attack, and he is unique among other characters as the first to display a 3-way third strong attack; if tapped as a normal strong attack, Aizen will unleash his weaker, incantation-less Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi in a weakened state, but if the player holds down the strong attack, the Kurohitsugi will charge to a stronger version, and at the second phase of the charged move, Aizen will start the full incantation of the Kidō, resulting in a massive blast that covers the entire screen and dealing massive damage once the third phase is reached. His unlockable skills are "Bruiser +20%", "Debilitator +5 secs.", "Devastation +40%", "Frenzy +1", "Last-Ditch Survival 100%", "Sprinter +1", and "Start Barrier +10", while his Soul Trait is "Strong Attack Recharge Time -12%"; meanwhile, his Arena Traits are "Strong Attack Damage +13%" and "Focus +30", while his Arena Abilities other than "All Stats +5%" are "Strong Attack Damage +10%" at level 5 and "Strong Attack Damage +20%" at level 10. Aizen's special is Hadō 99: Goryūtenmetsu (破道の九十九『五龍転滅』, Five Swirling Dragons of Destruction), where Aizen summons five dragons comprised of Reiatsu that devour everything in their path, inflicting immense damage and Weaken.
- Additionally, Aizen is playable in his Second Fusion form, drawing from his fight against Isshin Kurosaki, Kisuke Urahara, and Yoruichi Shihōin. In this form, Aizen is a melee character with the "Espada Killer" ability - as a Senkaimon Quest reward character, he is available in five different versions, each with a different Attribute, and he has a chance to inflict Weaken with his first and third Strong Attacks, with his second being a healing move. His unlockable skills are "Berserker +60%", "Bruiser +20%", "Debilitator +5 secs.", "Devastation +40%", "Medic", and "Sprinter +1", while his Soul Traits are "Damage Inflicted At Full STA +20%" and "Strong Attack Damage +20%". Aizen's special is You Will Know Despair! (絶望するといい, Zetsubō suru to ii), where he unleashes a blast of incredible Reiatsu that inflicts immense damage and Weaken.
- Aizen is also playable in his Quincy Blood War form in the action-adventure crossover video game Jump Force. His moveset consists of him using various Kidō spells, such as Bakudō #81. Dankū, Hadō #90. Kurohitsugi, and Hadō #99. Goryūtenmetsu.
- Aizen does not appear and is not referenced in any of the films; however, in the second OVA, he drinks coffee at the very end with Gin Ichimaru and Kaname Tōsen.
- Aizen has his own Bleach Beat Collection, where he sings Shinsen and Kyōka Suigetsu.
- Aizen features in the sixth volume of Bleach "B" Station's second season, as well as the fourth season's fourth volume.
- BuriCon - Bleach Concept Covers features Ukitake performing "Ichirin no Hana " alongside Momo Hinamori.
- Aizen appears in the first through seventh editions of the Rock Musical Bleach, where he is played by Kengo Ohkuchi.
- In episode 60 of the original Japanese broadcast of the anime, the blade Aizen thrust into Momo is censored. However, this was later uncensored in the Adult Swim broadcast and Viz Media's home video releases.
- In the same episode, Aizen's Zanpakutō wasn't coated with blood after being removed from Momo, as it was in the manga.
- Aizen slashing Ichigo on Sōkyoku Hill is toned down in the anime. In the manga, when Aizen slashes Ichigo, the former is shown using his Zanpakutō to slash Ichigo, leaving the latter missing a large portion of his stomach. Whereas in the anime, Aizen's Zanpakutō and the missing portion of Ichigo's stomach aren't visible.
- In the manga, after slashing Renji, Aizen removed the latter's blood from his Zanpakutō while walking towards Rukia. In the anime however, Renji's blood wasn't visible on Aizen's Zanpakutō.
- "A gaze of a sunny spot." - Viz: "That luminous gaze."Tite Kubo
- Aizen's theme songs, as chosen by Tite Kubo, are "Stand Ablaze" by In Flames and "Allegro non troppo", the fourth movement of Symphony No. 5 in D Minor by the composer Dmitri Shostakovich.
- Aizen was ranked the 13th most popular character in the second character popularity poll, 18th in the third (which also featured his glasses being ranked 47th with 134 votes), 23rd in the fourth, and 11th in the fifth.
- Kyōka Suigetsu was ranked 18th in the first Zanpakutō poll and 7th in the second.
- In the second best bout poll, Aizen's fight with Gin Ichimaru ranked 4th, his fight with Shinji Hirako and his later fight against the Gotei 13 and the Visored both ranked 22nd, his fight against Kisuke Urahara and Yoruichi Shihōin in addition to Isshin Kurosaki ranked 38th, his fights with Tōshirō Hitsugaya and Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto both ranked 41st, his fight with Renji Abarai ranked 58th, and his fight with Zennosuke Kurumadani ranked 83rd.
- Aizen had a column in the Seireitei Communication titled The Yin of the Pine Needle, which is now suspended.
- The Shinigami Women's Association published a Photo Collection showcasing Aizen named The Smile of the Sun, but it was cancelled.
- The name of Aizen's Zanpakutō, Kyōka Suigetsu, hints at its illusionary properties; the moon reflected in water and a flower in a mirror are things which can be seen, but not held. It is a Chinese saying for seeing and desiring something which is a dream which cannot be easily grasped in hand, teaching people about temptations.
- In the manga Aizen cut down Hitsugaya before the latter attacked him. In the anime however, Aizen's brief battle with Hitsugaya was extended. Hitsugaya charges at Aizen and impales him with Daigūren Hyorinmaru, only to realize he was caught in an illusion cast by Kyōka Suigetsu, before being cut down by Aizen.
- In the anime, the three guardians Aizen has summoned to Sōkyoku hill weren't shown. Instead, Kūkaku Shiba arrived with Jidanbō Ikkanzaka and used Raikōhō to attack Aizen before he was subdued by Yoruichi and Suì-Fēng.
- (To Tōshirō Hitsugaya upon his discovery of an injured Momo Hinamori) "How unfortunate! You found her? Pardon me. It wasn't my intention to traumatize you. Before you could have noticed, I should have chopped her into unrecognizable pieces."
- (To Tōshirō Hitsugaya) "You should learn this well, Hitsugaya-kun. Admiration is the emotion furthest from understanding."
- (To Renji Abarai) "The Sōsuke Aizen you knew...never existed to begin with."
- (To Jūshirō Ukitake) "From the very start, no one has stood upon the heavens. Not you, not I, nor even gods. However, that intolerable vacuum has come to an end. Henceforth...I shall stand upon the heavens."
- (To Shinji Hirako) "You should not dwell on the betrayal that you can see. The truly terrifying betrayal is that which lies utterly hidden from your eyes, Captain Hirako."
- (To Tier Harribel indirectly) " I never even dreamed that the power of the ten Espada I went to so much trouble to gather could possibly be inferior to that of myself alone."
- (To Shinji Hirako) "To trust in another is the same as to rely upon that person. Reliance is for the weak. It is of no use to us."
- (To Shinji Hirako) "It is the nature of all living things to find some being greater than themselves and place their trust in that being, following it blindly. In order to escape from the pressure of that trust, those beings seek a still greater entity in which to believe, and those greater beings too seek still greater, still stronger beings to follow. This is how all kings come to be, and this is how all Gods are born. Do not trust in me yet, Hirako Shinji. I will take my time to teach you the nature of the God whom you face. Then, you shall believe."
- (To Ichigo Kurosaki) "Why do you insist on keeping such distance from me? If you wish to make a decisive strike, you should do so at point-blank range. Or perhaps you are afraid of moving in too close, and letting even a part of my body out of your sight? If so, I am disappointed. Keeping one's distance is only a key factor in a battle between two combatants of equal strength. Between you and myself, distances hold no meaning whatsoever. Observe. I am perfectly capable of reaching your heart at any moment."
- (To Sajin Komamura) "Did you think that a display of force would be enough to overwhelm me? How foolish. In fact, I would say that the very concept of 'power' itself is different for me than for you. Allow me to demonstrate. This is the true meaning of 'power'."
- (To Shunsui Kyōraku, Tōshirō Hitsugaya, Suì-Fēng, and Shinji Hirako) "I will not take your lives. With the measure of power that you possess, you are unlikely even to lose consciousness from those wounds. Stay there, helpless and defeated, and observe carefully as this battle reaches its conclusion."
- (To Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto) "Your Ryūjin Jakka is indeed the most powerful Zanpakutō in existence. There is no doubt about that. Were I to fight against it directly, it would likely overpower even me. However, if one abandons all other abilities and focuses his strength entirely on a single specialized skill, then he can overcome even the greatest of powers."
- (To Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto) "Cruel? Once a soul has become a Hollow, it holds no meaning. It is a being with no purpose beyond idly consuming its fellow souls. Where do you see cruelty in my giving purpose to such a being? Surely the true act of cruelty was your tearing that soul to pieces."
- (To Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto) "I will not do you the injustice of refusing to take your life. You, who are the very embodiment of the history of Soul Society itself - you alone will die here by my blade."
- (To Ichigo Kurosaki) "I suppose it is only to be expected. You have my pity. There is no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There is only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'."
- (To Isshin Kurosaki) "The Hōgyoku is able to manifest the desires of those around it. However, this manifestation will not be successful unless the possessors of those desires have the strength to carry it out. In a way, its ability might be better termed a 'guiding force'. However, it is a peculiar quality of living beings that when it comes to achieving those petty desires that their crude hearts enshrine, they tend to have remarkable levels of success."
- (To Kisuke Urahara) "Why not be careless? I no longer have any need to take care. I can feel it. Now that my body has subjugated the Hōgyoku, it has begun to far surpass even the capacity that I once possessed - a capacity that already held no equal in Soul Society. There is no longer any need for me to evade even a Kidō ranking in the nineties!"
- (To Gin Ichimaru) "The laws of nature are for beings who must live their lives bound by them. Now, shall we carry on? To a place beyond all laws."
- (To Gin Ichimaru) "Fear is necessary to achieve evolution. The fear that, in one's current state, one could quite possibly be destroyed at any time. I thank you, Gin. It is thanks to your presence that I have finally succeeded in surpassing both Shinigami and Hollows."
- (To Kisuke Urahara) "Those are the words of a defeated man!! A victor must speak not of the current state of the world, but of how it should rightfully be!"
- (To Shunsui Kyōraku) "So if you are killed, the gate to Muken will be closed for all eternity. Did they expect I would go so far as to take your life in order to steal the key to this place? I never did like those old fools in Central 46..."
- (To Shunsui Kyōraku) "I must say... You truly are an entertaining man. Would I like to breathe fresh air, you ask? Would that be the fresh air of a Soul Society being summarily crushed by Yhwach?"
- (To Yhwach regarding their battle) "This is not about benefit. My only purpose has always been to crush all who seek to control me."
- "Yhwach, the world that you desired to create may indeed have been devoid of fear. However, in a world without the fear of death, men could not face that fear and seek out hope. Certainly, they could keep walking onward by merely living, but that would be very different from walking onward while conquering their own fears. That is why we give the act of walking onward a special name. We call it 'courage'."
- Bleach Official Character Book Souls, page 130
- Bleach manga; Chapter 391, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 79, pages 9-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 178, pages 15-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 198, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 244, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 421, pages 9-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 621, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 197, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 198, pages 1 & 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 213, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 255, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, pages 7-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 383, pages 12-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 296, pages 14-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 394, pages 4-17
- Bleach Official Bootleg, page 91
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 169, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, pages 22-23
- Bleach manga; Chapter 169, pages 11-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 213, pages 9-13
- Bleach Official Bootleg
- Bleach manga; Chapter 248, pages 3-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 213, pages 9-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 245, pages 8-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 244, pages 5-6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 255, pages 11-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 334, page 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 213, pages 9-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 178, pages 15-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 402, pages 16-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 418, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 420, pages 15-16
- Bleach manga, Chapter 622, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapters 683-684
- Bleach manga; Chapter 686, page 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter -108, pages 6-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, pages 4-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 415, pages 1-2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 415, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter -99, pages 5-6
- Bleach manga; Chapter -99, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter -108, pages 3-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter -107, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter -105, pages 17-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter -104, pages 4-9
- Bleach manga; Chapters -102 to -100
- Bleach manga; Chapter -100, pages 2-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter -100, pages 15-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter -99, pages 1-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter -98, pages 1-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 414, pages 14-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter -17, page 29
- Bleach manga; Chapter 175, pages 11-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter -17, pages 27-30
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 79, pages 9-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 371, pages 4-15
- Bleachmanga; Chapter 529, pages 16-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 531, pages 4 & 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 532, pages 1-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 533, pages 9-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 397, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 397, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 168, pages 2-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 132, pages 18-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 79, pages 9-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 103, pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 100, pages 18-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 101, pages 6-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 103, pages 1-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 129, pages 17-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 130, pages 16-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 131, pages 1-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 171, pages 7 & 17
- Bleach anime; Episode 295, this flashback only took place in the anime.
- Bleach manga; Chapter 169, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, pages 22-23
- Bleach manga; Chapter 171, pages 4-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, pages 4-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 174, pages 5-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 175, pages 3-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 176, pages 10-25
- Bleach manga; Chapter 177, pages 6-21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 178, pages 1-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 178, pages 15-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 375, pages 4-7
- Bleach manga; Chapters 184, pages 15-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 187, pages 18-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 186, pages 4-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 188, pages 10-14
- Bleach manga; Chapters 191-194
- Bleach manga; Chapters 197-198
- Bleach manga; Chapter 213, pages 11-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 299, pages 13-18
- Bleach manga; Chapters 236-240
- Bleach manga; Chapter 244, pages 14-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 245, pages 1-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 249, pages 12-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 255, pages 01-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 314, pages 8-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 315, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 316, pages 6-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 334, pages 5-6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 364, pages 13-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 367, page 1
- Bleach manga; Chapter 371, pages 16-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 375, pages 8-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 375, pages 18-22
- Bleach manga; Chapter 376, pages 1-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 377, pages 11-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 383, pages 10-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 385, pages 5-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 387, pages 4-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 387, pages 20-21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 388
- Bleach manga; Chapter 389, pages 4-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 390, pages 1-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 390, pages 9-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 391, pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 391, pages 5-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 391, pages 7-19
- Bleach manga, Chapter 392
- Bleach manga; Chapter 393
- Bleach manga; Chapters 394 - 396
- Bleach manga; Chapter 396, pages 16-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 396, pages 1-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 397, pages 1-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 398, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 398, pages 14-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 400, pages 17-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 401, pages 1-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 402
- Bleach manga; Chapter 403, pages 4-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 404, pages 2-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 405, pages 9-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 406
- Bleach manga; Chapter 407, pages 1-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 407, pages 13-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 409, pages 20-22
- Bleach manga; Chapter 410, pages 14-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 411, pages 12-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 412, pages 6-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 413, pages 10-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 414, pages 3-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 414, pages 8-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 415, pages 3, 5-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, pages 4-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, pages 14-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 417, pages 9-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 418, pages 1-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, page 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, pages 6-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 420, pages 1-2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 420, pages 11-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 421, pages 3-21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 423, pages 2-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 510, pages 8-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 514, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 616, pages 16-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 617, pages 13-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 617, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 618, pages 2-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 621, pages 16-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 622, pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 622, pages 6-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 623, pages 1-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 624, pages 1-6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 654, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 682, pages 1-2, 12-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 683, pages 4-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 684, pages 1-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 686, pages 13-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, pages 7-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter -99, pages 1-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter -101, pages 2-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 278, pages 15-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 175, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter -17, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 135
- Bleach manga; Chapter 532, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 188, pages 11-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 384, page 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 386, page 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 101, page 20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 532, page 1
- Bleach manga; Chapter 223, pages 8-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 175, pages 11-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 229, pages 14-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter -104, pages 3-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 175, pages 13-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 176, pages 19-23
- Bleach mange; Chapter 387, pages 9-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 401
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, pages 5 & 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 175, pages 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, pages 10-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter -104, pages 3-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter -108
- Bleach manga; Chapter 240, pages 11-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 314, pages 10-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 388, pages 7-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 176, pages 13-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter -107, pages 14-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 388, pages 7-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 399, pages 4-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 622, pages 10-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 683, pages 6-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 174, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 392, pages 13-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 388, pages 14-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 389, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 390, pages 8-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, pages 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 390, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapters 390-392
- Bleach manga; Chapter 396-397
- Bleach manga; Chapter 403, pages 11-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 229, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 376, pages 1-2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 618, page 5-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 622, page 14
- Bleach anime; Episode 307
- Bleach manga; Chapter 662, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 316, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 245, pages 10-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, page 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 391, pages 13-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 623, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 618, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 622, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 174, pages 14-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, pages 11-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 176, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 390, pages 10-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 617, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 421, pages 10-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 423, pages 2-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 622, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 171, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 171, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 392, page 15-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 176, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 176, pages 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, pages 21-22
- Bleach manga; Chapter 421, pages 12-21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 421, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 422, pages 13-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 423, page 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 395, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 396, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapters 398-399
- Bleach manga; Chapter 402, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 402, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 403, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 403, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 406, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 403, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 404, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapters 404-406
- Bleach manga; Chapter 406, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 403, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 404, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 406, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 405, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 420, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 406, pages 2-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 409, page 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 407, pages 4-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 409, page 21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 411, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 415, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 415, pages 9-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 415, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 418, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, page 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, pages 4-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, pages 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 418, pages 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 418, pages 6-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, pages 2-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, pages 10-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, pages 6-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, pages 11-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 419, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 171, page 12
- Bleach manga, Chapter 392, pages 9-10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 393, page 10
- Bleach manga, Chapter 684, page 3
- Bleach video game; Bleach: Soul Carnival
- Bleach video game; Bleach: Shattered Blade
- Bleach video game; Bleach: Dark Souls
- Bleach video game; Bleach: The 3rd Phantom
- Bleach video game; Bleach: Soul Resurrección
- Bleach video game; Bleach: Soul Resurrección
- BANDAI NAMCO video game; Jump Force
- Bleach manga; Chapter 169, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 174, pages 15-16
- Bleach anime; Episode 61
- Bleach manga; Chapter 174, page 18
- Announced by Tite Kubo at the 2011 Bankai festival in Harujuku
- 13 BLADEs., page 252
- 13 BLADEs., page 254
- 13 BLADEs., page 255
- Bleach Bootleg, page 183
- Bleach Bootleg, page 28
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, pages 19-20
- Bleach anime; Episode 60
- Bleach anime; Episode 62
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, pages 10-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 170, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 173, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 178, pages 15-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter -99, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 383, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 383, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 388, pages 14-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 390, pages 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 393, pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 393, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 395, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 395, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 397, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 401, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 402, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 407, pages 4-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 416, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 421, page 20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 618, page 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 618, page 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 682, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 686, pages 17-18
|Captain of the 5th Division
? - 2001 A.D.
|Lieutenant of the 5th Division
? - ?