Miyako is a young woman with long dark hair. She keeps it tied up with a strand hanging down on each side. She has a warm smile and is quite beautiful, inspiring Rukia Kuchiki. She wears the standard Shinigami attire.
Miyako is very smart and gentle. Rukia Kuchiki describes her as a beautiful person, and is looked up to by members of the division. Miyako is kind towards her subordinates and looks after them in a motherly fashion. She wiped the dirt from Rukia's wounds and face after an incident with a Hollow.
After Rukia Kuchiki joined the Thirteenth Division, she was treated differently by the other members of the division because of her noble status. Like Kaien, Miyako treated Rukia like a normal subordinate, unlike most members of their division, with Miyako helping her whenever she was hurt. Rukia began to look up to her as a mentor and idol, wanting to be like her in every way. When leaving on her last mission, despite the dangers involved, Miyako at first jokes about the mission before reassuring both Kaien and Rukia that she was proud to do her duty and kill any Hollow disturbing a Soul's rest. While away on that mission, her entire squad was wiped out by a Hollow leaving Captain Ukitake to break the news to Kaien. Later, as Kaien confronted the Hollow that killed Miyako, the Hollow says that he regrets not eating her head or torso.
Powers & Abilities
- In the anime, instead of being killed on her mission, Miyako seemingly returned. Later that night she arose, possessed by the Hollow, and killed her subordinates before trying to attack Kiyone Kotetsu and Sentarō Kotsubaki. She runs away and Kaien chases after her, only to find her Zanpakutō and kimono on the ground, her body having been eaten from the inside out by the Hollow.
- Bleach manga; Chapter 134, page 15
- Bleach anime; Episode 49
- Bleach manga; Chapter 134, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 134, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 135, pages 6-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 134, pages 15-16
|3rd Seat of the 13th Division
? - ?
Sentarō Kotsubaki and Kiyone Kotetsu