|This article contains information from light novel sources that were not written by Tite Kubo and therefore are not considered canon material by the wiki.|
|What's going on here?|
This article is a stub. You can help Bleach Wiki by expanding it, or perhaps you could contribute to on the topic.
"Don’t worry. I may die, but… "Kenpachi" never dies…"
Kuruyashiki is a tall, muscular Shinigami with dark messy hair. He wears the standard shihakushō, with his captain's haori which is sleeveless.
Kuruyashiki is friendly with Shunsui Kyōraku who knows him more than any captain in the Gotei 13. But his Division holds great respect for him, being noted to be "aniki" figure to his lieutenant, Ashido Kanō. He and Shunsui often drinks sake along with Captain Ukitake, and each of them held a drinking party for their own respective division. He refused to be promoted to the ranks of Zero Division as he is too lazy to guard the palace. He enjoys watching the end of the strong fighter he has fought before.
Sometime in the past, Kuruyashiki was invited to join the Soul King Palace, but he declined, stating he’s not suited to protecting a king, hiding away in a different dimension until the enemy manages to get in.
250 years ago, after fighting off several Hollows including an Adjuchas, Kuruyashiki held a drinking party amongst the Eleventh Division, celebrating their victory, alongside fellow Captain of the Eighth Division and friend, Shunsui Kyoraku.
Powers & Abilities
Master Swordsman: As a former captain of the 11th division, which specializes in swordsmanship, Kuruyashiki possessed a great deal of skill in this art being capable of killing his predecessor and defeating all of his challengers until he was defeated by Sōya Azashiro.
Great Spiritual Power: As a former captain of the Gotei 13, Kuruyashiki possessed a great amount of Reiryoku.
Gagaku Kairō (餓樂廻廊, Corridor of Hungering Music): The sealed form of Kuruyashiki's Zanpakutō is unknown.
- Shikai: The release command is "Massacre the auspicious omens and come into being; respect the darkness as you become decrepit with age" (瑞祥屠りて生まれ出で 暗翳尊び老いさらばえよ, Zuishō hofurite umareide, an'ei tattobi oisarabae yo). Gagaku Kairō was stated to be a "living-type" Zanpakutō, similar to Retsu Unohana's Minazuki. Upon activation the blade manifested a large, white sphere with enormous fangs. Stated to be the size of a bear, the creature had with no eyes, nose, ears, or limbs; it consisted solely of a mouth with large incisive molars.
- Shikai Special Ability: The creatures manifested by Gagaku Kairō were ravenous and would attack any enemies designated by Kuruyashiki. Kuruyashiki is able to manifest at least thirteen of these creatures at any given time.
- Bankai: Gagaku Kairō (餓樂廻廊, Corridor of Hungering Music): Kuruyashiki's Bankai summons an enormous pair of jaws from the ground.
- Bankai Special Ability: The jaws summoned by Kuruyashiki's Bankai are extremely ravenous and ferocious, devouring anything and everything within their reach, both living and inanimate, except for Kuruyashiki himself. Because of this, it was dangerous enough that Central 46 forbade Kuruyashiki from ever using it inside the Seireitei. The Bankai is powerful enough that Sōya Azashiro believed he would have lost against Kuruyashiki had the latter used it during their duel.
Cooldown (Shikai, Bankai): Whenever Kuruyashiki used his Bankai, he would be unable to use his Zanpakutō powers for six months.
- Kuruyashiki was voted the 45th most popular Shinigami character in the fifth character popularity poll.
- Gagaku Kairō ranked 33rd in the second Zanpakutō poll.
- In the second best bout poll, Kuruyashiki's fight with Sōya Azashiro ranked 83rd.
- Bleach novel; Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You Part I
- Bleach novel; Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You Part II
- 13 BLADEs., page 253
- 13 BLADEs., page 254
- 13 BLADEs., page 255
|Original Characters||Sōya Azashiro • Cien Granz • Kenpachi Kuruyashiki • Roka Paramia • Pícaro • Urozakuro|
|Books||Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You|