|Height||231 cm (7'7")|
|Weight||172 kg (374 lbs)|
|Affiliation||Gotei 13, Soul Society|
|Previous Position||4th Seat of the 7th Division|
|Previous Division||7th Division|
|Base of Operations||7th Division HQ, Seireitei, Soul Society|
|Relatives||Jidanbō Ikkanzaka (Brother)|
|Manga||Volume 11, Chapter 89|
|Spanish||Jordi Royo (Spain)|
Jirōbō Ikkanzaka (一貫坂慈楼坊, Ikkanzaka Jirōbō) is the former 4th Seat of the Seventh Division. He is the younger brother of Jidanbō Ikkanzaka. He is also known by the nickname Kamaitachi (鎌鼬, Sickle Weasel).
Jirōbō is taller than most Shinigami, dwarfed only by his captain. He has large lips and a large nose, in addition to small, round eyes. His hair is short and brown, with curled sideburns. Jirōbō wears the standard Shinigami Shihakushō, accessorizing it with a small-beaded bracelet on his left wrist, as well as a large-beaded necklace.
Jirōbō is a very boastful man, talking the entire time during his fight with Uryū Ishida and Orihime Inoue about how they should give up since he is the greatest projectile expert and so on. He also seems to be very cowardly. Jirōbō attempted to kill Orihime while she did not notice, and upon realizing the difference of power between Uryū and himself, attempted once again to either injure or capture her. This placed him at odds with the chivalrous Quincy, resulting in the permanent loss of his abilities.
Soul Society arc
While Uryū Ishida and Orihime Inoue are watching Kenpachi Zaraki and hiding on top of a building in Seireitei, he finds Orihime distracted and almost kills her. However, Uryū notices this and saves her. Jirōbō then starts counting to ten so as to give his opponents time to contemplate their "regret." When the count is over, he quickly moves to attack. Both Orihime and Ishida dodge and Orihime tries to attack with Tsubaki but is unsuccessful. Jirōbō notes that though Orihime's attack was something he never saw before, it lacked the killing intent needed in battle. He tries to kill Orihime again, but is injured by Ishida. He asks Uryū if he was a Quincy, to which Ishida confirms. Intrigued by the fact that one of his opponents uses unknown techniques and the other is a Quincy, as well as the fact that both of them are ranged attack users, he releases his Zanpakutō: Tsunzakigarasu. He then gives his name and details about his nickname Kamaitachi, boasting on his Zanpakutō's strength and his skill in airborne attacks. While he is talking about how little chance they stand against him along with the regret they should be feeling, Uryū interrupts him by destroying his Zanpakutō's release. As Jirōbō tries using his Shikai again, Uryū brings him to his knees by shooting his hand and Zanpakutō.
Jirōbō yells in pain over his injured left hand and reacts in anger when Uryū asks if he was regretting. He then moves to use his uninjured arm in an attempt to attack Orihime one more time. Uryū intercepts him and remarks on how lowly Jirōbō is from targeting Orihime from the very beginning. Uryū, unable to spend more time to allow Jirōbō to "regret his bad decision", fires two arrows and defeats him. Though Uryū does not kill Jirōbō, his Saketsu and Hakusui are pierced, causing him to lose his Shinigami powers forever.
Former Powers & Abilities
Tsunzakigarasu (劈烏, Splitting Crow): Jirōbō's zanpakutō looks like a slightly larger than normal katana, with a purple-grey hilt. Its guard is shaped like a number 8, with a cresent shape engraved on the top of both loops.
- Shikai: The release command is "Flap Away" (羽搏きなさい, habatakinasai; "Spread Your Wings" in the English adaptations).
- Shikai Special Ability: Jirōbō's Shikai consists of a large number of flying curved blades, which he can control using telekinesis. Until the fight with Ishida, it has always defeated opponents easily since the blades move so quickly. The blades move faster than the eye can see, but can be easily destroyed or dodged using Shunpo or another fast technique.
- Blade Recreation: If Tsunzakigarasu's blades are destroyed, he can summon more by sheathing and drawing his sword. This ability can be halted if an opponent is fast enough to injure his hand. (Unnamed)
- Bankai: Not Achieved.
Appearances in Other Media
|Video Game Appearances|
| || || || || |
| || || || || || |
| || || || || || |
| || || || || || |
| || |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Bleach Official Character Book Souls, page 118
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 91, page 20
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 89, pages 21-23
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 91, pages 2-23
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 92, pages 1-10
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 89, page 21
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 91, page 10
- ↑ Bleach anime; Episode 28
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 91, page 21