|Bankai||Ikomikidomoe Hō'ōraku Hakkei|
Hikone Ubuginu (former)
|Novel||Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World|
|Video Game||Bleach: Brave Souls|
In its sword form, Ikomikidomoe is pure white, almost glowing, large broadsword with black spots on it.
In its Hollow form of its second release, Ikomikidomoe is a giant, humanoid creature with a long torso and elongated arms which reach almost to the ground. Its forelimbs end in large claws, while its legs are much shorter. Ikomikidomoe does not have a discernable neck; instead its head is an extension of its body. Its forehead is covered in hexagonal markings, while a structure extends from its nose back across its cheeks, ending in large circles just beside the hexagonal markings. A long beard extends from beneath its nose.
Ikomikidomoe is quite prideful and arrogant, and is insulted when regular Shinigami even voice the possibility of being on the same level as its current wielder. Likewise, Ikomikidomoe ridicules the mere idea of an Arrancar as young as Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez wanting to be the ruler of Hueco Mundo. Despite this, Ikomikidomoe does have respect for Baraggan Louisenbairn to some degree, and was mournful when it heard the other Hollow had perished.
Ikomikidomoe also appears to have misogynistic beliefs, as it instantly assumed Tier Harribel and Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck were mere "maidservants" of Baraggan's court, rather than the powerful rulers they actually are.
In the primeval days of Soul Society, the Hollow that would become Ikomikidomoe was an exceptionally powerful Adjuchas Hollow. Due to this Hollow's potential and power, it was respected by even Baraggan Louisenbairn, and the two made a pact to never interfere with each other.
At some point in the past, before the Shinigami had access to Zanpakutō, this Hollow attacked Soul Society and even defeated a young Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto before attempting to devour the Soul King itself. However, the Hollow was defeated by Ichibē Hyōsube, who used Ichimonji to erase the Hollow's name. Since the Hollow contained too many consumed Souls to purify at once, Ōetsu Nimaiya sealed the Hollow inside a Zanpakutō, and Ichibē used Shirafude Ichimonji to rename the Hollow as Ikomikidomoe. It was hidden away by Ōetsu in the Hōōden until the Wandenreich invasion of Soul Society, when Tokinada Tsunayashiro stole the sword during the chaos.
Powers & Abilities
Infinite Evolution: Similar, though not identical, to the ability of Aaroniero Arruruerie, Ikomikidomoe has the potential of limitless evolution through consuming the power of other beings. Even though Ikomikidomoe remained an Adjuchas, its power continued to grow to such an extent that even Baraggan Louisenbairn, one of the first Vasto Lorde, acknowledged Ikomikidomoe's strength.
Immense Spiritual Power: Ikomikidomoe is repeatedly noted to have colossal amounts of Reiryoku that surpasses even the power of most Vasto Lorde-class Hollows. Its levels of Reiryoku impressed Baraggan Louisenbairn, a very powerful Hollow in his own right. Likewise, this level of power allowed Ikomikidomoe to even defeat a younger Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto, albeit before the Shinigami had access to his Zanpakutō. The Reiatsu of Ikomikidomoe is said to trigger a primal fear in Shinigami and Quincy.
Sonído Master: Despite Ikomikidomoe's bulk, it has demonstrated incredible speed in battle, allowing it to easily perform powerful hit-and-run strikes on other fast opponents such as Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez or Tier Harribel.
Due to its unique nature, being a Zanpakutō forged from a Hollow, Ikomikidomoe has numerous release commands that each draw out certain amounts of its power. Resembling Shikai commands, each subsequent release draws out more of Ikomikidomoe's true power.
- Orbit the stars: The first release command; the blade of Ikomikidomoe transforms into a massive Hollow arm that can attack foes on its own initiative.
- Send them to their burials, and engrave them in memory: The second release command; Ikomikidomoe transforms into a gargantuan Hollow noted to be around the size of the Espada Yammy Llargo's Resurrección or the Gillian spouting Hooleer.
- Hatch the deceased: The third release command; Ikomikidomoe transforms into a large, humanoid Hollow, though still smaller than its previous release. While this form resembles an Adjuchas, its power is greater than most Vasto Lorde.
- Ikomikidomoe Hō'ōraku Hakkei (已己巳己巴 鳳落八景, Hō'ōraku Hakkei means "Eight picturesque views of the Fenghuang's fall"): Said to be the true, full name Ichibē Hyōsube granted Ikomikidomoe with. This form, which Hikone compares to a Bankai or Resurrección, allows Ikomikidomoe to fuse with its wielder and draw out both their maximum potentials. When used by Hikone, Ikomikidomoe itself transforms into a pure white Katana, while Hikone's Shihakushō turns black as their appearance becomes more like a Hollow.
Conditional Wielding: Due to being a special, inherited Zanpakutō, Ikomikidomoe can only be wielded by select individuals. Specifically, only powerful hybrids such as Ichigo Kurosaki or Hikone Ubuginu can use Ikomikidomoe's power. If any regular Shinigami were to attempt to use Ikomikidomoe, they would be killed by the ensuing "Soul Suicide".
Appearances in Other Media
|Video Game Appearances|
| || || || || |
| || || || || || |
| || || || || || |
| || || || || || |
| || |
Ikomikidomoe appears in Bleach: Brave Souls during Hikone’s ultimate attack; Hikone uses Ikomikidomoe’s second release and summons its giant Hollow form, releasing a large burst of energy causing several tornadoes.
- The name "Ikomikidomoe" is not actually an existing word, but rather a combination of Kanji. Ikomiki (已己巳己) refers to things that are "similar" or "the same", while Tomoe (巴) refers to the shape of a comma symbol.
|Original Characters||Aura Michibane • Tokinada Tsunayashiro • Hikone Ubuginu • Ikomikidomoe|
|Books||Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World: I • II • III|
|Galleries||CFYOW Gallery • Aura Gallery • Hikone Gallery|