|English||Spanish for "Iron," Japanese for "Steel Skin"|
|Technique Type||Arrancar Technique|
Hierro (鋼皮 (イエロ), Iero; Spanish for "Iron", Japanese for "Steel Skin";Viz "Iron Skin") is a defensive Arrancar technique.
The user's Reiryoku condenses, creating a steel-hard skin strong enough to block a Zanpakutō. This allows users to confront some of the sword-wielding Shinigami barehanded. In general, the strength of an individual's Hierro is proportional to the potency of their Reiryoku, though this is not a rule as Nnoitra Gilga has the hardest Hierro out of the Espada despite being ranked #5. Hierro is not absolute and opponents can adapt to cut through it, such as when 11th Division Captain Kenpachi Zaraki fought Nnoitra.
- In the English dub of the Bleach anime, Hierro was mistakenly identified as Cero when Ulquiorra Cifer spoke about Ichigo being able to effortlessly cut off Yammy Llargo's arm.
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 203, page 1
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 306, pages 17-19
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 308, pages 9-14
- ↑ Bleach anime; Episode 114
|Abilities||Bala • Cero • Gran Rey Cero • Hierro • Pesquisa • Resurrección • Sonído • Reiryoku • Reiatsu • Descorrer • High-Speed Regeneration|
|Military||Espada • Numeros • Exequias|
|Locations||Hueco Mundo • Las Noches|
|Other||Hollow • List of Arrancar|