|This article contains information from light novel sources that were not written by Tite Kubo and therefore are not considered canon material by the wiki.|
|What's going on here?|
This article is a stub. You can help Bleach Wiki by expanding it, or perhaps you could contribute to on the topic.
Despite Grimmjow's desire to become the strongest Arrancar there is, as well as taking offense to anyone who tries proclaim themselves as superior to him, Grimmjow is not willing to actually rule Hueco Mundo, and is content with letting Tier Harribel and Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck rule in his stead.
Likely due to this desire for power and his pride, Grimmjow shows no fear when going up against extremely powerful opponents, and sometimes even actively seeks them out. Indeed, for various reasons each, Grimmjow has shown a desire to fight the likes of Shunsui Kyōraku, Ichibē Hyōsube, Kenpachi Zaraki, Hikone Ubuginu, and Ikomikidomoe, all extremely powerful combatants, and frequently has to be reminded by Nelliel and Harribel to restrain himself.
Both Harribel and Rudbornn Chelute note that Grimmjow has very strong animalistic instincts, which compel him to protect his territory from invaders and makes Grimmjow hesitant to leave it unguarded. Despite this and Grimmjow's savage nature, both Harribel and Kisuke Urahara note that Grimmjow is not a mindless killer and can be reasoned with and expected to make intelligent decisions.
Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World
After Grimmjow, alongside Kisuke Urahara, Yoruichi Shihōin, and Yūshirō Shihōin, was rescued from Askin Nakk Le Vaar's Gift Ball Deluxe by Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck, Nelliel and Grimmjow saved Tier Harribel from Yhwach's dungeon in the Wahrwelt. With Nelliel carrying Harribel while leaving the Soul King Palace, they encounter Shunsui Kyōraku and Ichibē Hyōsube who are in the middle of turning Yhwach's corpse into the new Soul King. While Grimmjow is initially hostile towards the Shinigami, even incapacitating some of the guards of the Palace, Nelliel uses her Bala to stop and remind Grimmjow that picking a fight now, right after the Quincy were defeated, would make them the next enemies for Shinigami. Grimmjow is not perturbed in the slightest, arguing that they just need to kill them all, but he finally relents after Ichibē assured them they would be free to leave, after emphasizing the importance of the balance of three worlds for the moment. Before returning to Hueco Mundo, Grimmjow then considers fighting Ichigo Kurosaki, but Nelliel once again reminds him that Ichigo is still heavily injured and Grimmjow wouldn't be satisfied fighting the weakened Substitute Shinigami.
Once Grimmjow, Nelliel, and Harribel are back at Hueco Mundo, they assist Rudbornn Chelute, Loly Aivirrne, Menoly Mallia, and the Tres Bestias to rebuild Las Noches and drive back the remaining Quincy, though Grimmjow refused to fight the weaker Quincy and starts hunting Hueco Mundo for any stronger ones.
Half a year after the Quincy Blood War, the peace in Hueco Mundo is once again disturbed when a child wearing a Shihakushō, Hikone Ubuginu, suddenly appears via Garganta and declares their intention to take over Hueco Mundo and rule over them. Grimmjow immediately fights the child, who is using an unusual Zanpakutō that emits Hollow Reiatsu. After being joined by Harribel, Nelliel, and the Quincy Liltotto Lamperd and Giselle Gewelle they manage to wound Hikone enough to force a retreat through another Garganta. Furious at someone attacking his territory, Grimmjow soon leaves Hueco Mundo to find Hikone.
Following Hikone's reiatsu, Grimmjow arrives at Rukongai, Soul Society, right in the middle of fight between Kūgo Ginjō, Shūkurō Tsukishima, and Giriko Kutsuzawa against Candice Catnipp and Meninas McAllon. Grimmjow is disappointed to find that Ichigo is not present since on his way he sensed a mix of Shinigami and Hollow Reiatsu, but reminds himself that his target today is Hikone. Grimmjow's attention shifts to the Fullbringers when Tsukishima inadvertently provoked Grimmjow by recalling how he was easily beaten by Ichigo, urging him to attack them. In the fight, Tsukishima inserts his presence in Grimmjow's past with his Fullbring in attempt to stop the Arrancar, but Grimmjow is uncaring and keeps on attacking them. He is shocked when Ginjo retaliates by using Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho technique, making Grimmjow question whether Ginjō is a relative of Ichigo.
Their fight is interrupted when Grimmjow, to his surprise, is attacked by Luppi Antenor and barely manages to dodge a Gran Rey Cero. Seeing the stitches on Luppi's face, Grimmjow deduces that either Szayelaporro Granz, Kisuke Urahara, or someone else revived him. As the two Arrancar fight with intent to kill, Grimmjow and Luppi release their respective Resurrección and prepare to launch their strongest attacks at each other when the are interrupted not by Shinji Hirako and Hikone's sudden arrival. Grimmjow is excited as nearly all the people he wanted to kill are present, wondering if Ichigo will come as well. However, Hikone reveal that Ichigo is busy fighting to protect his sisters.
When Shinji demands an explanation from Hikone, Grimmjow loses his remaining patience and just fires Ceros at Hikone, Shinji, and Luppi. While Grimmjow is not bothered that the latter two dodged it, he is surprised that Hikone did not do so yet remained unharmed. In response Hikone draws their Zanpakutō, which swallow up the Cero, and Grimmjow senses a powerful Hollow Reiatsu emanating from Hikone's mysterious white Zanpakutō. Suddenly, the Zanpakutō starts talking to everyone present and reveals his disdain for how weak Grimmjow and Luppi are; he proceeds asks them about Baraggan Louisenbairn's status.
Before the sword can say more, Hikone apologizes for his behavior, but immediately decides to fight everyone present to prove their worthiness as King. Promising to do their best, Hikone releases their Zanpakutō, Ikomikidomoe. As a massive surge of Reiatsu flows from Hikone, Grimmjow notes that the child used a different release command than when they fought back in Hueco Mundo. As Grimmjow realizes Hikone's Reiatsu is also greater than before, the surge of Reiatsu halts and everybody is left speechless at the form Ikomikidomoe takes.
As Ikomikidomoe proceeds to spawn countless smaller Hollows to battle against the present Quincy and Arrancar, Nelliel and Harribel catch up to Grimmjow and demand an explanation from him. Eventually, Hikone returns Ikomikidomoe to his sword form and retreats through a Garganta. As everyone present is tired from the fighting, Nelliel assures Liltotto that if the Quincy leave Hueco Mundo alone, she sees no reason for continued hostilities, which Grimmjow disagrees with. In response, Luppi agrees with Nelliel to spite Grimmjow which only furthers their tension. Before the situation can escalate once again, Nanao Ise arrives with news from Shunsui, saying that the Captain-Commander requests all of the present company to come. While Grimmjow remains hostile, Harribel forces him into complacency regardless.
After the Quincy, Fullbringers, and Arrancar regroup at Kūkaku Shiba's residence. As Yoruichi Shihōin explains the situation to Kūkaku, the tensions between the different groups are high, which includes Grimmjow and Luppi still want to murder each other. As Yoruichi and the Fullbringers try to calm everyone down, Kenpachi Zaraki, Ikkaku Madarame, and Yumichika Ayasegawa appear after being summoned as well. While Grimmjow recognizes Kenpachi as the Shinigami that killed Nnoitra Gilga, Shunsui himself appears and subtly exerts his own Reiatsu to calm everyone down and starts their meeting concerning the Four Great Houses.<
Powers & Abilities
Immense Spiritual Power: After his initial defeat at the hands of Ichigo Kurosaki in Las Noches, Grimmjow is noted to have become significantly stronger, to the point that even Tier Harribel tries to avoid fighting Grimmjow whenever she can. Grimmjow's Reiatsu was enough to intimidate Kūgo Ginjō and Candice Catnipp, and Kenpachi Zaraki even expressed a desire to fight the Arrancar, believing Grimmjow to be stronger than the late Nnoitra Gilga. Grimmjow's increased Reiryoku even allowed him to fight evenly with the revived Luppi Antenor, despite Mayuri Kurotsuchi's claims that the zombified Arrancar was signficantly stronger than he used to be.
Pesquisa (探査回路 (ペスキス), Pesukisu; Spanish for "Inquiry", Japanese for "Probe Circuit"): Grimmjow is able to detect targets from a considerable distance, being able to sense the similarities between Kūgo and Hikone's Reiryoku. Because of his skill in Pesquisa, Grimmjow was able to sense and instinctively dodge an ambush attack from Luppi, despite Grimmjow being unaware of the other Arrancar's revival.
Cero: Grimmjow is capable of firing a red Cero from the palm of his hand, as well as his fist. He can fire it at point-blank range to increase its lethality, to the point that he incinerates the top half of Luppi after regaining his arm and rank.
- Gran Rey Cero (王虚の閃光 (グラン・レイ・セロ), Guran Rei Sero; Spanish for "Grand King Zero", Japanese for "Royal Hollow Flash"): As an Espada, he is able to use this Espada-exclusive Cero variant, which produces a much larger and more powerful version of the normal Cero. This Cero is strong enough to potentially cause great damage to Las Noches itself. For this reason, Aizen banned its use inside the fortress. In order to fire it, Grimmjow first cuts his own hand on his Zanpakutō, mixing his blood with the Cero as a catalyst. Grimmjow's Gran Rey Cero is colored blue. The sheer force and speed of the attack was able to catch the zombiefied Luppi off guard, destroying several of the latter's tentacles.
Descorrer (解空 (デスコレール), Desukorēru; Spanish for "Drawing Back/Opening", Japanese for "Loosed Void"): A technique used by Espada-level Arrancar, and sometimes others, to open a Garganta between the Human World and Hueco Mundo. Grimmjow uses this technique to travel to the Rukongai in search of Hikone.
Sonído Master: As the 6th Espada, Grimmjow is very proficient in the use of Sonído. Even in his unreleased state, he is able to keep up with Ichigo Kurosaki while in Bankai. Initially, Grimmjow could even surprise and overwhelm Ichigo with his speed. His skill was great enough to be able to catch Shūkurō Tsukishima off guard and keep up with Ikomikidomoe's own immense speed.
Toxin Resistance: After Grimmjow's encounter with Askin Nakk Le Vaar, his exposure to the Sternritter's Deathdealing powers left Grimmjow's body with a far greater resistance to various toxins, including those engineered by Mayuri Kurotsuchi. Grimmjow was initially unaware of this, however.
Enhanced Hearing: As Grimmjow himself notes, he has very sensitive hearing, allowing him to observe a conversation between Tsukishima and Ginjō despite being a notable distance away.
Pantera (豹王 (パンテラ), Pantera; Spanish for "Panther", Japanese for "Panther King"): His Zanpakutō's tsuba resembles a rigid, crooked "S," while the sheath and handle are light blue.
- Resurrección: His release command for his Zanpakutō is "Grind" (軋れ, kishire), referring to grinding one's teeth. To release his Zanpakutō, he holds it up, like the start of a low sweep stroke, with his right hand. The sword glows light blue as he puts his left hand up to it. He then rakes his hand along the length of the blade with a swift motion, while calling out its release command, which in turn releases a torrent of spiritual power that creates tremendous gusts of wind in the immediate vicinity. Grimmjow's appearance changes drastically to something more feline and predatory. His teeth become jagged and sharp, his hands turn into black claws and his feet become black clawed paws, similar to that of a cat, along with a slender whip-like tail that's longer than his body. His hair becomes very long and flowing, and the markings around his eyes enlarge and extend to the tips of his ears, which become swept back and cat-like. He loses his distinctive jaw mask, which is replaced by a sort of a headgear upon his brow covering his forehead. His clothing changes to become form-fitting white segmented armor, similar to his original Adjuchas-Hollow form. He has blades protruding from his forearms and his calves.
- Resurrección Special Ability: His abilities while released include:
- Desgarrón (豹王の爪 (デスガロン), desugaron; Spanish for "Laceration/Great Tear", Japanese for "Panther King's Claw"): Claimed by Grimmjow himself to be his strongest attack. His claws glow, and he makes a slashing motion. Each claw becomes a long, sharp blade composed of Reishi that can be hurled at the enemy. He can swing a maximum of ten blades at the enemy. Grimmjow's Desgarrón proved to be powerful enough gravely injure a weakened Ikomikidomoe. Kūgo Ginjō and Candice Catnipp even feared that a collision between Desgarrón and eight Gran Rey Cero fired by Luppi at once would be able to kill them alongside a large part of the Rukongai district they were in.
Video Game Appearances
Bleach: Brave Souls
- Grimmjow is playable in Brave Souls in various different appearances. In the timeskip, Grimmjow is wearing his new outfit he wears in both the Thousand Year Blood War and Can't Fear You Own World.
- A unique form for Grimmjow appears in Brave Souls to commemorate the inclusion of the Can't Fear Your Own World light novel. Designed by Tite Kubo himself, this appearance mirrors Ulquiorra's own Hōgyoku-enhanced power, transcending Resurrección.
- Beyond Resurrección: A form transcending a Resurrección, that can be achieved by bonding with the Hōgyoku. in this form, all traces of Grimmjow's Hollow mask vanish, but his appearance still resembles his feline-humanoid form of Pantera. His blue hair lengthens, becoming vibrantly white, blending down in a patterned blue and black gradient near the end of his hair. At the crest of his head, the white blends to black, and his eyebrows are set aflame, burning black with a vivid blue outline. Grimmjow's chest is covered in black tattoos that circle around his body to his back, while his scar is cracked open and filled with blue Reiatsu. From his torso to his calves, Grimmjow is covered in white fur that is both striped with black and speckled with black; the white fur itself blends into black near his feet, which stretch into feline paws with vicious claws, as well as a sickle-like appendage on both ankles. Both arms are covered in similar fur, with his hands being covered in black fur and the same horrible claws as his feet. His former single tail has split into two, and is ablaze with flame in the same way as his forehead. The Hōgyoku floats in his Hollow hole, which now glows blue.
- In this form, Grimmjow is a ranged character with the "Arrancar Killer" ability who can inflict Lacerate with every attack. His special attack is Pantera Destrucción (パンテラ・デストロクシオン, Pantera Desutorakushion; Spanish for "Panther Destruction") which consists of him igniting his tails before front-flipping into the air while releasing a barrage of Desgarróns in all directions.
- Grimmjow is a playable character in the crossover fighting game Jump Force; and was added in one of the game's DLC.
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 11
- Bleach manga; Volume 38
- Bleach manga; Chapter 202, page 7
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Prologue 1
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 3
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 5
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 7
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 9
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 15
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 16
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 232, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 235, page 13
- Bleach anime; Episode 140
- Bleach manga; Chapter 240, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 280, pages 13-14
- Bleach Official Character Book UNMASKED; page 149
- Bleach manga; Chapter 232, page 17-18
- Bleach novel; Can't Fear Your Own World, Chapter 21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 281, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 281, pages 8-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 282, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 285, pages 2-3
- Bleach Official Character Book 2 MASKED; page 150
- Bleach video game; Bleach: Brave Souls
|Members||0: Yammy Llargo (Post-Release) •1st: Coyote Starrk / Lilynette Gingerbuck (Post-Release) • 2nd: Baraggan Louisenbairn • 3rd: Tier Harribel • 4th: Ulquiorra Cifer • 5th: Nnoitra Gilga • 6th: Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez • 7th: Zommari Rureaux • 8th: Szayelaporro Granz • 9th: Aaroniero Arruruerie|
|Former Members||3rd: Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck • 6th: Luppi Antenor|
|Privaron Espada||102nd: Pícaro • 103rd: Dordoni Alessandro Del Socaccio • 105th: Cirucci Sanderwicci • 107th: Gantenbainne Mosqueda|