"What is it? Do you need some help with something? See how pathetic you are? But it's alright, because I do love to fight!"
Dalk takes the form of an adult Human-sized creature composed entirely of metal. Her face is light gray in coloration with completely green eyes, thin red eyebrows that are constantly inwardly diagonal, a small nose, and a dark gray mouth with an equally dark tongue. The rest of her body is dark gray in coloration, with her head featuring seven triangular spikes arching outward along the edges with vertical symmetry. Her upper torso has two large breast-shaped mounds of metal on the front, multiple small bumps on the back, and a thick raised double-pointed line wrapping diagonally around the back to point downward at the front, while each of her shoulders terminates in a large metal sphere attached to the joint; each of these spheres has two arms comprised of a bone-shaped upper arm and a sharp, serrated forearm with two blades, both attached to each other and the shoulder joint by smaller metal spheres. Below the waist, Dalk has a spider-like body composed of three different sections attached to each other: the first directly below her hips is completely spherical with two legs featuring sharp tips connected to the bone-shaped thighs by small joints, the second spherical segment connected to the first has two more identical legs and an additional bean-shaped plate of metal on the underside where the legs originate from, and the third segment is more conical in shape with four spheres half-embedded in the metal at 90-degree angles.
Prior to Koga and herself being empowered by Bitto serum, Dalk took on a smaller, more humanoid form where her eyes were narrow instead of circular and her head was devoid of spikes, instead being completely smooth with a small spherical protrusion on either side of her face, resembling hair. The breast-like lumps of metal on her chest were smaller, the large spheres of metal on her shoulders were completely merged with her torso instead of attached by joints, and the tips of her arms were smooth instead of serrated. Additionally, her torso and lower body were connected by a medium-sized metal sphere, with her lower body being composed of a waist and hips comprised by three interconnected metal spheres and two legs connected by small metal spheres to the undersides of the hips, with the thighs being drumstick-shaped and smooth instead of bone-shaped.
Her crest takes the form of a small metal marble; to summon Dalk, Koga flicks the marble into the air, where it levitates and grows in size to become as large as his open hand before glowing with a light-blue Bount emblem composed of various thin lines as it separates into hundreds of marble-sized spheres that begin merging and connecting to form the body of Dalk.
Dalk is a sadistic and flirtatious being who frames combat around love and relationships due to her affection for it; when summoned to apprehend Uryū Ishida and Yoshino Sōma, Dalk declared that them running away only made her more motivated to chase them down and was aroused by Goethe putting up a fight against her, to the point that she was disappointed when he briefly retreated and elated when he returned since she believed that someone had to accepted her feelings. She also has no qualms about attacking defenseless combatants: when ordered by Gō Koga to not harm Uryū, Dalk interpreted this as meaning she could do anything she wanted to Yoshino and gleefully prepared to shoot her. Dalk considers some opponents to be more worthwhile than others are, having been bored by being ordered to fight Renji Abarai while overjoyed when confronted by Ichigo Kurosaki, whom she considers to be her type. As noted by Koga, she has a bad habit of toying with her opponents and prey, which Dalk does not deny and demonstrated by restraining Ichigo in place and repeatedly whipping him with her arms while viciously mocking him. She also enjoys restraining people with her reshaped limbs. At the same time, she becomes vocally distressed when impeded or incapacitated in battle, such as when Izuru Kira's Shikai, Wabisuke, made her body too heavy to move. Additionally, she is overconfident to the point of endangering herself in battle - when faced with Tōshirō Hitsugaya's power over ice, which left her slowed and struggling to reshape her body, Dalk refused to fall back in order to thaw out because she believed that her burning heart could not be overcome by the cold, leading to her destruction when she fell from a great height and shattered.
However, Dalk can be impressed by acts of valor or selflessness, such as Uryū putting himself in the path of her bullets in order to protect Yoshino, as well as when her opponent shows considerable skill in battle. She also admires manly declarations and actions from her opponents, as well as persistence in the face of overwhelming opposition and injury. Like Koga, she shows some restraint against Humans who do not pose a threat to her; when tasked with scaring off an angry mob that had confronted him and Cain, Dalk simply cut off the barrel of one of their rifles, frightening them off without harm. At the same time, she showed some measure of sympathy to Cain for not having a Doll of his own yet. Though happy to perform surprise attacks and assault unaware enemies, Dalk felt bad when ordered to kill the Jigokuchō assisting several Shinigami squads searching for Koga since they were otherwise harmless animals. She also enjoys the sensation of power: when summoned for the first time following Koga's consumption of the Bitto serum, Dalk was euphoric at having a new and enhanced body, and when summoned in the Reishi-rich atmosphere of Soul Society, she reveled in how good she felt compared to being summoned in the Reishi-sparse Human World.
Dalk has a complex relationship with her master, Koga, whom she will often tease about being summoned in the first place and whom she frequently disagrees with regarding how they do battle. However, Dalk does care about Koga and will always follow his commands, regardless of her feelings on the matter and her sadistic instincts in battle. She also knows him well enough to pick up on when something is amiss, demonstrated when she noticed that he no longer referred to Jin Kariya with an honorific and deduced that something had happened between the two of them. When she was shattered by the freezing power of Hyōrinmaru, which she had believed she could overcome, Dalk simply apologized to Koga for losing, and when he praised her performance regardless, Dalk smiled and admitted that she was glad to have been Koga's Doll with her last words.
When Gō Koga was confronted alongside Cain by an angry mob of villagers who believed them to be forest monsters, he summoned Dalk, who promptly extended her left arm and severed the barrel of a villager's rifle, causing them to flee in panic. After chopping down a nearby tree with the same arm, Dalk turned to an awestruck Cain and noted that he still did not have a Doll of his own.
Bount arc (anime only)
Note: Events occurring in this arc are only in the anime and do not constitute canon material.
After tracking down Uryū Ishida and Yoshino Sōma to the latter's apartment at Jin Kariya's request, Koga responds to Yoshino summoning her Doll, Goethe, by summoning Dalk, who begins aggressively attacking them, forcing Uryū and Yoshino to the rooftop. Unhindered by the fire of Goethe, Dalk incapacitates Yoshino and prepares to kill her, but stops when Uryū throws himself in the path of her bullets. Later that day, Dalk restrains Uryū in the main hall of the Bount Mansion while Kariya sits down with him to request Uryū's assistance. Soon afterward, Dalk brings Uryū to the room he will be staying in and is disappointed when Koga orders her to let him go.
The next day, Koga summons Dalk to protect Kariya from 6th Division Lieutenant Renji Abarai. Following Koga's consumption of the Bitto serum, Dalk is summoned once again to fight Ichigo Kurosaki and is overjoyed by her new and empowered form, which she uses to overwhelm Ichigo with tethered metal spheres and machine gun fire before trapping Ichigo in a web of metal and repeatedly lashing him with her arms. However, before she can kill Ichigo, his inner Hollow takes control of his body and turns the tables on Dalk, who is shocked to find herself overpowered and is eventually cut in half, only for Koga to simply summon her fully intact once more.
Suddenly, the two of them are confronted by 3rd Division Lieutenant Izuru Kira. Intrigued by Izuru's arrival and demeanor, Dalk begins excitedly clashing with him and his Shikai, Wabisuke. Though she believes that she has the upper hand, Dalk is shocked to find the parts of her body that have made contact with Wabisuke increasing drastically in weight, which prevents her legs from moving and forces her to remove her forearms in order to keep fighting. Eventually, the entire body of Dalk is weighted down too much for her to move at all, to her considerable anguish, and Koga assures her that she fought well before returning Dalk to her sealed form.
After entering Soul Society and being confronted by 7th Division Lieutenant Tetsuzaemon Iba and the Second Division, Koga summons Dalk, who relishes in the Reishi-rich atmosphere of the area and begins assaulting the assembled Shinigami with a barrage of metal spheres, succeeding in knocking out 2nd Division Lieutenant Marechiyo Ōmaeda, prior to restraining Iba and incapacitating him with several more fired spheres as well, with Koga returning her to her sealed state shortly afterward. Two days later, Koga has Dalk distract Ichigo and 6th Division Captain Byakuya Kuchiki while he helps Kariya escape from the battlefield he had been facing them on.
Two days after this, following Kariya betraying and leaving him for dead, Koga summons Dalk to help him fend off a squad of Tenth Division Shinigami. Moving through the underground canal network with Koga, Dalk picks up on the strife between him and Kariya, but is not told what happened. Upon cutting off communication between the Tenth Division squads, Dalk is re-summoned by Koga when Captain Tōshirō Hitsugaya confronts him, but finds herself outmatched due to Hitsugaya's Shikai, Hyōrinmaru, hampering her movement and transformation, eventually leaving Dalk shattered, where she thanks Koga for being her master with her last words.
Powers & Abilities
Metallic Body Control: Dalk has complete control over the metal that makes up her body and can reshape any part of it into a variety of forms, such as a machine gun, to attack enemies. She can also split herself into hundreds of tiny spheres and levitate them through the air, making her difficult to harm, and fire parts of her body as projectiles, either through her machine gun arms or as individual spheres, as well as stretch her limbs to considerable lengths. Her metal body also renders her immune to fire, as her body being heated only makes her attacks more damaging.
- Enhanced Strength: Despite her slender size, Dalk can attack with considerable force; a single strike from her arm was enough to cut through and topple a thick tree.
- Expert Marksman: Dalk has a great deal of accuracy in her attacks despite her savage manner of fighting; when tasked by Koga with destroying several Jigokuchō across a wide area of the Seireitei at once, Dalk did so easily by firing a sphere into the air that separated into smaller spheres to rapidly blast through all of them.
- Spider Form: After Koga consumes the Bitto serum, Dalk gains a more powerful, spider-like body. In this form, she gains the ability to fire metal spheres embedded in her lower body that are attached to tethers, allowing her to both attack opponents from a distance and restrain them or their weapons. She can also turn her body into a spider web that covers the surrounding area and traps anything that touches it, allowing her to incapacitate victims and attack them without fear of reprisal. With the additional metal added to her body in this form, Dalk can completely encase an opponent in a sphere made from her body, as well as sever parts of her own body without losing power.
- Battle Axe: The core of Dalk is a large battle axe. The handle and cheeks are black, with the grip being textured and buffered by two steel joints, and three black joints surround the axe head while the handle terminates in a large steel spike with rivets on its joint. Each blade cheek has a small half-circle opening at the handle and two needle-shaped openings pointing inward at 90-degree angles, with each cheek briefly converging before expanding as it proceeds from the handle, while each blade edge is reflective steel; one blade is larger than the other and its edge is an inch longer than the cheek is. This axe is durable enough to clash with 10th Division Captain Tōshirō Hitsugaya's Bankai, Daiguren Hyōrinmaru, for a brief period of time.
Weight Increases: Due to her body already being made of heavy metal, Dalk is particularly susceptible to increases in the weight of her body parts, such as from Izuru Kira's Wabisuke, such that affected portions will become distorted under their own weight and eventually render her unable to move at all.
Cold Temperatures: Though immune to heat, Dalk is weakened by ice and cold, as lowering the temperature of her metal body slows her down and makes it hard to reassemble or reshape her body; with her body temperature lowered sufficiently, Dalk will be completely frozen and shatter from any hard impact.
- (To Gō Koga) "What is it? Do you need some help with something? See how pathetic you are? But it's alright, because I do love to fight!"
- (To Goethe) "Agh, where are you going?! Now what am I supposed to do with all these feelings? Who am I going to give my love to?!"
- (To Goethe) "Oh, you came back! You make me so happy! Will you accept my love?!"
- (To Koga) "I know, I know...you want me to hurry up and finish the job. But it's not good to rush these things, don't you agree? I want to take my time and enjoy this."
- (To Uryū) "Oh, what a wonderful, sentimental thing to say! Such a manly attitude you have! It just makes me want to hug you!"
- (To Ichigo Kurosaki) "How wonderful! This feeling is truly exhilarating! I'm tingling all over! Just look at me! I'm magnificent! Do you like aggressive women? I prefer to chase rather than be chased!"
- (To Koga) "Since he hasn't much longer to live, I'm trying to give him a taste of what true fear and pain is! It would be tragic for him to die without really knowing!"
- (To Izuru) "What's an arm or two?! I'm done fooling around!"
- (To Koga) "Oh...my body's so heavy, I can't stand it!"
- (To Koga) "Oh, but I'm still not satisfied! I want to cut loose, to fight, to kill and maim!"
- (To Tōshirō Hitsugaya) "You're pretty good, but you shouldn't have done that! Like any disobedient child, you must be captured and severely punished!"
- (To Koga) "Don't worry, I'm alright! I can still fight! I'll deal with the cold somehow..."
- (To Koga) "No, I can't quit now! Don't worry, I can handle this by myself! Don't you know, Shinigami?! No hunk of snow and ice can defeat MY burning heart!"
- (To Koga) "I'm sorry...I was defeated. Thank you...I'm glad you were with me to the end."
- Bleach anime; Episode 75
- Bleach anime; Episode 82
- Bleach anime; Episode 79
- Bleach anime; Episode 84
- Bleach anime; Episode 104
- Bleach anime; Episode 82
- Bleach anime; Episode 92
- Bleach anime; Episode 96
- Bleach anime; Episode 103
|Current Members||Gō Koga|
|Former Members||Jin Kariya • Yoshino Sōma • Hō and Ban • Ryō Utagawa • Mabashi • Sawatari • Ugaki • Yoshi • Cain|
|Dolls||Baura • Dalk • Fried • Gesell • Goethe • Guhl and Günther • Messer • Nieder • Ritz • Waineton|
|Former Allies||Maki Ichinose • Ran'Tao • Tōba|
|Related Articles||Doll • Bitto • Bount Invasion • Bount Mansion • Jōkaishō|