|Insignia||Lily of the Valley|
|Insignia Signifies||Sacrifice, Danger, Pure Love, Humility, Sweetness|
|Division Color||Pale Turquoise|
The 5th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. After the defection of Sōsuke Aizen, the division was run by the next highest authority in the 5th Division: Lieutenant Momo Hinamori. Some time after Aizen's defeat, Shinji Hirako once again became captain of the 5th Division.
No special duties have been noted for the 5th Division. The members of this division are all highly skilled, having been trained by a captain who excels at everything, including battle readiness.
Like all the other barracks, the 5th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 5th. While a captain, Sōsuke Aizen's room in the barrack was on the second floor. In contrast, Shinji's room, while he was a captain was on the first floor and, notably, contained a turn-table. The barracks also contain at least one "Special Confinement Gaol" (特別拘禁牢, Tokubetsu Kōkinrō ; Viz "Special Detention Cell") for prisoners of considerable power, such as lieutenants.
|Captain||Shinji Hirako||? - 1900 A.D.
2001 or 2002 A.D. - Current
|Lieutenant||Momo Hinamori||? - Current||Active|
|Captain||Sōsuke Aizen||? - 2001 A.D.||Discharged|
|Lieutenant||Sōsuke Aizen||? - ?||Promoted|
|Lieutenant||Gin Ichimaru||? - ?||Promoted|
|3rd Seat||Unnamed Man||? - 1891 A.D.||Deceased|
|3rd Seat||Gin Ichimaru||1891 A.D. - ?||Promoted|
|Unknown||Kaname Tōsen||? - ?||Promoted|
|Unknown||Renji Abarai||? - ?||Promoted|
|Unknown||Izuru Kira||? - ?||Promoted|
The Fifth Division has been raised to have a gentle atmosphere, where every member gets along well with one another. The division is also said to excel at nurturing soldiers of immense talent.
Recruitment Fair Brochure
- No reply, as his whereabouts are unknown.
1. What kind of individuals are you seeking?
2. How would you describe the atmosphere around your division?
The captain is gone and there are still a lot of days when I have to stay in bed, but essentially it's a very peaceful division with a wonderful atmosphere.
3. What do you require of new recruits?
People who wouldn't betray anyone...
4. Some words for the Shinigami recruits.
Let's protect the 5th Division together!
Frank talk!! with the 8th Division lieutenant, Nanao Ise
H... Hinamori-san, is your health better now? If you have any troubles or concerns or that sort of thing, you can talk to me any time, just ask for me! Let's read together again sometime.
Shinigami Women's Association Aptitude Test
According to the Shinigami Women's Association aptitude test, those who are intellectual, claiming that Shinigami who want to be both wise and skilled in the martial arts can do so by training under the captain, Sōsuke Aizen, who is both.
- It is notable that three of the current lieutenants, as well as two former captains, were once associated with the 5th Division, having been personally recruited by former Captain Aizen after their graduation from the Shin'ō Academy. However, two of the three (Renji and Izuru) both found themselves leaving for other divisions before moving to their eventual lieutenant position. Only Momo Hinamori remained and rose to her position in the same division as her initial recruitment.
- Once a month, former Captain Aizen held a calligraphy class for the 5th Division members to learn the basics.
- Bleach Bootleg, page 90
- Bleach anime; Episode 34
- Bleach anime; Episode 206
- Bleach manga; Chapter 103, page 1
- Bleach Bootleg, pages 90-92
- Bleach Bootleg, page 125
- Bleach Bootleg, page 177