"Would you please stop bickering, both of you. When you raise your voices like that, it only makes you look weak."
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Plot
- 5 Powers & Abilities
- 6 Appearances in Other Media
- 7 Censorship
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Battles & Events
- 11 References
- 12 Navigation
Sung-Sun is a slender female Arrancar with long, flowing, olive-green hair, long eyelashes, and lavender eyes, with three pink dots just below her right eye. Her mask remnants create three hair clip-like extensions on the right side of her bangs. She wears a furry black necklace around her neck. Her outfit consists of a long white dress with long sleeves, which extend well past her hands, with a single slit in each one, and two thin belts criss-crossing around her waist.
During the seventeen months after Aizen's defeat, her mask fragments change shape. The protrusions over her right eye are thicker and are connected to a length of fabric, which drapes over the right side of her head and her right shoulder. Her long white dress now has a long slit, which extends from her upper thigh, the hem of her dress consists of black fur, and she wears high-heeled shoes.
When she was an Adjuchas-class Menos, Sung-Sun resembled a large snake with a light gray body and a white underbelly. She had three pink dots on both sides of her head and her mask sat on top of her head with three pearl-like earrings at the sides of her mask.
Sung-Sun is very composed, mature, and intelligent, often advising her fellow Fracción, Emilou Apacci and Franceska Mila Rose, to stop arguing, for it makes them look weak, before chiding their angry responses. She has a habit of covering her mouth with one of her long sleeves, and has an incomprehensible look in her eyes when doing so. She has a sort of snobbish attitude toward her fellow teammates, complaining when they get in her way during combat. She easily gets them riled up by taunting them and putting her hand to her face as if she is ignoring them.
Fake Karakura Town arc (anime only)
Note: Events occurring in this episode are only in the anime and do not constitute canon material.
Hueco Mundo arc
Sung-Sun stands alongside Harribel, Mila Rose, and Apacci, observing the battle between Ichigo Kurosaki and Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez. As her fellow Fracción insult each other, Sung-Sun tells them speaking in loud voices just makes them seem weaker, prompting them to ask what she said. Along with Apacci and Mila Rose, she is shaken by the Reiatsu given off by Grimmjow's Resurrección.
Fake Karakura Town arc
Later she, Apacci, Mila Rose, Harribel, the other two strongest Espada, and their Fracción appears in the fake Karakura Town to do battle with the Gotei 13. After the pillars which keep the real Karakura Town in Soul Society are successfully defended and four of Baraggan Louisenbairn's Fracción are killed, the other Fracción pair up against a Shinigami and begin to battle. Sung-Sun, Apacci, and Mila Rose team up against Tōshirō Hitsugaya and Rangiku Matsumoto. Rangiku decides to take on all three while her captain handles Harribel.
When her teammates are riled by Rangiku's snide remarks, Sung-Sun, stating they are playing into her hand, asks them to not drag her into it, prompting them to ask whose side she is on. When Rangiku releases her Shikai, Apacci, asking what this is supposed to do, is tripped by Sung-Sun, who tells her to not touch something if she does not know what it is. When Rangiku surrounds the trio with an ash twister, Sung-Sun, along with her comrades, creates a triple Cero blast to disperse it. Later, when Momo Hinamori appears, Sung-Sun opts for Apacci's idea of rushing the two lieutenants, but in mid-charge, they get ensnared in a Kidō Net which Momo placed around Rangiku while still concealing her presence. Before she, Mila Rose, or Apacci can react, the three of them are engulfed in a large explosion, but they survive by releasing their Zanpakutō, and thus healing themselves.
They activate Quimera Parca, which forms an enormous monster which Apacci refers to as Ayon. After Captain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto finishes Ayon off with his Shikai, Sung-Sun, Apacci, and Mila Rose attack him from above, only to be effortlessly defeated by the flames of Ryūjin Jakka.
The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
Following the Wandenreich conquest of Hueco Mundo and capture of Harribel, Sung-Sun, Apacci and Mila Rose appear at the camp of the Jagdarmee as the unit's leader, Quilge Opie, is selecting Arrancar to abduct. When Apacci angrily responds to Quilge's inquiry about their identity, Sung-Sun asks since when they have taken orders from her. As Apacci and Mila Rose begin to argue, Sung-Sun, challenging the Jagdarmee and Quilge alone, refers to her comrades as "primates", prompting Apacci and Mila Rose to retaliate by insulting her as well. As Nel Tu informs Ichigo Kurosaki the three Arrancar are called the Tres Bestias (3獣神 (トレス・ベスティア), Toresu Besutia; Spanish for "Three Beasts", Japanese for "Three Beast Gods") due to their fearsome nature, Apacci and Mila Rose start bickering again, to Sung-Sun's annoyance. Sung-Sun, Apacci, and Mila Rose begin killing the Wandenreich members, leaving only Quilge, who asks them to surrender, for they and Harribel would be good pawns for their leader, which is preferable to him over killing them. They angrily decline, disappointing Quilge, who proceeds to defeat them.
Regaining consciousness while Ichigo is fighting Quilge, Sung-Sun, Apacci, and Mila Rose summon Ayon, who attacks Quilge, catching him off guard, while he is explaining Quincy: Vollständig to Ichigo. Telling Quilge he is still fighting them, Sung-Sun, Apacci, and Mila Rose command Ayon to attack him. When Ayon glances back towards the three, Sung-Sun has doubts about it worrying about them. Watching as Ayon brutalizes Quilge, Sung-Sun is stunned to see Quilge, attacking Apacci, snap his neck back into place before requesting they all die.
After witnessing Quilge absorb Ayon with Sklaverei, Sung-Sun and Mila Rose grab the unconscious Apacci and flee to Yasutora Sado and Orihime Inoue's location. As Sung-Sun conceals the group with Muda, Mila Rose questions why Orihime is back in Hueco Mundo. Telling her to worry about it later, Sung-Sun explains how everything in Hueco Mundo and Soul Society is made of Reishi, which means they are at risk of having their bodies absorbed by Quilge. Concluding they cannot do anything against him, Sung-Sun, explaining what Muda can do, suggests they use it to get to Ichigo. Pointing out he is much stronger, Quilge, absorbing her barrier, attempts to absorb their bodies, but they are all saved when Ichigo attacks Quilge from behind.
Powers & Abilities
Quimera Parca (混獣神 (キメラ・パルカ), Kimera Paruka; Spanish for "Reaper Chimera", Japanese for "Mixed-Beast God"): With the aid of Emilou Apacci and Franceska Mila Rose, Sung-Sun can use a technique called Quimera Parca. To activate it, each of them tears off their left arm and combines it with the others to form a new creature. This massive creature has a deer skull for a head, a muscular torso, a long black mane, deer legs, and a serpent for a tail. Apacci claims its name is Ayon, and it is their pet, but this creature is unable to hear the instructions of any of the three Fracción.
Muda (蛇殻砦 (ミューダ), myūda; Spanish for "Molting", Japanese for "Snake-Husk Fortress"): Sung-Sun can shed her skin, which proceeds to envelop a dome-shaped area around her, rendering the space invisible and concealing those within. The technique works through a combination of optic camouflage and a barrier of Reiatsu, which blocks sensory abilities.
- Resurrección: Anaconda's release command is Strangle to death (絞め殺せ, shimekorose). When she releases her Zanpakutō, she has a pink glow around her, similar to the color of her Cero. In her Resurrección form, she resembles a nāga, possessing a female torso with a long, slender anaconda's tail from the stomach down. She gains three more pink dots under her left eye, and her black furry necklace becomes thicker and more feather-like. Her mask extends around the back of her head and grows armor plating, similar to a cobra's head.
- Resurrección Special Ability:
- Snake Manipulation: From her sleeves, Sung-Sun can protrude snakes, which have three pink dots behind their eyes.
Appearances in Other Media
|Video Game Appearances|
- Sung-Sun is playable in multiple forms in Bleach: Brave Souls, including in her Resurrección, Anaconda. In this form, Sung-Sun is a ranged character with the "Speed" Attribute and the "Shinigami Killer" ability who has a chance to inflict Poison with every attack other than her special. Her unlockable skills are "Bruiser +20%", "Devastation +30%", "Frenzy", "Sprinter +1", and "Weaken Attack", while her Soul Trait is "Strong Attack Damage +25%"; when Resurrected, her unlockable skills are "Berserker +20%", "Bruiser +20%", "Debilitator +2 secs.", "Devastation +40%", "Frenzy", "Sprinter +1", and "Weaken Attack", while her Soul Traits are "Strong Attack Damage +25%" and "Weaken Duration -55%". Sung-Sun's special is Quimera Parca - Cero (混獣神・虚閃, Konshūjin: Kyosen; Spanish for "Reaper Chimera: Zero", Japanese for "Mixed-Beast God: Hollow Flash"), where she has Ayon fire a Cero that inflicts immense damage.
Content that was written in novel format by another author other than Tite Kubo.
Fake Karakura Town arc (Bleach Official Character Book 3 UNMASKED)
The material world transfer which was performed by Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi switched Karakura Town in Soul Society with the fake Karakura Town, and when this happened, the Arrancar who had passed out with deep wounds were transferred to Soul Society. Having came from Hueco Mundo to Soul Society through a Garganta with Rukia Kuchiki to meet up with Ichigo Kurosaki after he finished his battle against Sōsuke Aizen, Orihime Inoue was led by Apacci and began healing their wounds. After returning to Hueco Mundo via Garganta, Harribel and her Fracción looked upon the destruction which came from the various battles which took place. The Arrancar were greeted by Kukkapūro, the Hollow dog, whom they recognized as Yammy Llargo's companion. Feeling what was left of Yammy's Reiatsu, Harribel and the others determined the powerful Espada fought with all his might before dying. They realized the Adjuchas Hollows had detected their presence and would arrive shortly, for they were now able to approach Las Noches due to the absence of the powerful Espada. All four understood it would not be long before the fighting normal to the Hollows of Hueco Mundo would begin again. Harribel became distressed at the concept, for preventing it was her reasoning for joining Aizen, but now it would return, and she could not stop it from happening. Cyan Sung-Sun suggested now that Baraggan Louisenbairn was dead and Aizen was gone, she should rule Hueco Mundo in their place. Franceska Mila Rose and Apacci agreed it would be the best course of action, but Harribel disagreed, stating a fake sun could not bring light to the darkness of Hueco Mundo, and all which is truly needed is the silent darkness. Harribel began to make her way toward Las Noches, with her loyal Fracción following behind.
In the manga, Sung-Sun, Mila Rose, and Apacci summon Ayon by tearing off their left arms. In the anime, they simply hold out their left arms, which fire a red beam which becomes Ayon, but later they do not have their left arms, and they have red auras covering their arms.
- The theme song that Kubo chose for Sung-Sun is "星の滴" by the band みみずくず.
- In the second best bout poll, Sung-Sun's fight alongside Franceska Mila Rose and Emilou Apacci against Rangiku Matsumoto and Momo Hinamori ranked 41st.
- (To Emilou Apacci and Franceska Mila Rose) "Would you please stop bickering, both of you. When you raise your voices like that, it only makes you look weak."
- (To Emilou Apacci and Franceska Mila Rose) "Please stop this, you two. You are only making fools of yourselves. If you are distracted by her words, you play straight into her hands. You cannot help your low intelligence, but could you at least try not to cause me too much trouble?"
- (To Emilou Apacci and Franceska Mila Rose) "An interesting idea. I too was just thinking that having the two of you around would only hold me back."
- (To Quilge Opie) "As you can see, my two primate companions seem to be busy with their own little argument, so I will take care of you myself, Mr. Captain."
Battles & Events
- Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: Final Fight
- The Armies Assemble: Battle at Fake Karakura Town
- Rangiku Matsumoto and Momo Hinamori vs. Emilou Apacci, Franceska Mila Rose, and Cyan Sung-Sun
- Battle of the Chimera: Gotei 13 vs. Ayon
- Wandenreich vs. The Arrancar
- Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Quilge Opie
- Bleach Official Character Book UNMASKED, character file 99
- Bleach manga; Chapter 488, page 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 487, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 488, page 1
- Bleach anime; Episode 284
- Bleach manga; Chapter 282, page 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 330, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 330, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 282, pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 315, pages 9-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 328, pages 1-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 328, pages 17-21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 329, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 330, pages 7-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 334, pages 15-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 335, pages 16-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 335, pages 19-21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 336, page 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 339, pages 3-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 487 pages 18-20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 488, pages 5-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 488, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 491, pages 15-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 492, page 1
- Bleach manga; Chapter 492, pages 13-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 493, pages 4-13
- Bleach anime; Episode 221
- Bleach manga; Chapter 330, pages 15-16
- Bleach anime; Episode 224
- Bleach manga; Chapter 335, pages 20-22
- Bleach manga; Chapter 337, page 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 493, pages 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 493, page 9
- Bleach manga, chapter 334, page 15
- Bleach manga, Chapter 339, page 4
- Bleach Official Character Book 3 UNMASKED, pages 221-222
- Bleach Official Character Book 3 UNMASKED, page 221
- Bleach Official Character Book 3 UNMASKED, pages 230-231
- Bleach manga; Chapter 335, pages 19-21
- Bleach anime; Episode 225
- 13 BLADEs., page 255
- Bleach manga; Chapter 488, pages 1-2