The Bleach Wiki is primarily concerned with the recording and collation of canon information (by extension manga-based anime, anime-only, movies and games). Given the overall lack of knowledge about certain aspects of the Bleach universe, speculation is inevitable, but should only be recorded on the wiki's Watercooler. Speculation may come from a few sources.
One source is conclusions derived from non-canon assumptions.
Unknowns are the ultimate source of speculation. The number of things known about the Bleach Universe are vastly outnumbered by the things that are not known. For example, many characters and organizations have large "gaps" in their histories as they have yet to be elucidated upon in Bleach.
While we do not want to discourage discussion the reason for this is because going crazy with speculation can get out of hand. More often then not throughout the sites history these wild speculations in one way or another end up in the articles or being pushed as talk points on official article talk pages.
Speculation that is acceptable
Speculation is defined as "Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition". On this site so as not to lead into crack theory and fan fiction speculation should be limited to the idea of inconclusive evidence. This basically means speculation on the site requires some form of evidence presented from a indisputable source of information (canon material). If such evidence is found to be in dispute (either of its context, or otherwise) then the speculative content is invalid and will be removed.
ex: "Its possible that Isshin Kurosaki may be capable of using the Final Getsuga Tensho". (This is alluded to in the series by his knowledge of the technique, whats required to attain it, and the zanpakuto spirits role and involvement with attaining the technique).
SPECULATION COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE ON THIS Wiki
- 1. Linking information and filling in holes with assumptions and opinion is not acceptable.
- 2. In relation to the first point by making connections or content fit by creating information that one cannot possibly know.
- 3. Using misinformation or content taken out of context to make your point work.
- 4. Crack theories (i.e. theories that are derived from baseless information that is not supported by the actual material). For example, "Ichigo is a Vasto Lorde" has no bases in fact whatsoever for a number of reasons backed by factual materials. Hence, crack theories have no reason to be issued anywhere on the site at all, including in the speculation section. This form of information is not speculation and has no place in discussing what is actually happening with in the storyline.
- 5. Fan fiction or fanon has no place on the site or anywhere in the speculation section. Fanon are inventions of fan fiction authors that for one reason or another appear to have taken the status of a canon within the Bleach fandom. In other words, it is often believed that these ideas were put forward by Kubo himself, which of course, is not the case. Basically, fanons are born when one fanfiction writer makes something up for their fanfiction, which then gets picked up by other fanfiction writers and low and behold, unsuspecting Bleach fans are convinced that little tidbit of information comes from Kubo himself because they have read it in numerous fanfictions.
|Team Members||Bureaucrats • Administrators • Policy & Standards Committee|
|Article Content||Manual of Style • Layout Guide • Spoiler Policy • Image Policy • Speculation Policy • Anime Policy|
|User Policies||Discussion Policy • User Page Policy • User Rights • What Bleach Wiki is Not|
|Site Maintenance||Redirect Policy • Protection Policy • Deletion Policy • Blocking Policy|