The following page is for requesting for another wiki to be related to our wiki.
Guidelines for Affiliation
Here at Bleach Wiki, we take pride in making sure our wiki is a high quality wiki. As such, we also have guidelines on what the requesting wiki should look like:
- All pages have, or are in the process of getting, references and images must have proper legal tagging where applicable.
- The wiki is active with users editing articles.
- The wiki has a Manual of Style or something similar outlining how to write articles, what should and shouldn't be in them, etc.
- Articles are, or are in the process of becoming, detailed with all relevant information.
- The main page is neat and easily navigable. We are not requesting it to look like our main page here, but it should look clean.
- The wiki is not currently going under any upheavals such as changing admins.
- The wiki has a clearly defined and well enforced policy.
- The subject matter of the wiki is of similar substance (i.e. dealing with manga/anime series) to the Bleach Wiki.
If your request is rejected, please see the reasons given in the vote to find out how you can improve the wiki so that your next request is approved.
Affiliation Request: Bleach Hereafter
Hey, I think we generally use a different page than this, but I can't find/remember where it is so I'm just gonna put this here. I've been asked to put forward an affiliation request for Bleach Hereafter, a roleplaying forum based on the Bleach anime. The description I've been given of it is:
Now, I know that generally we only affiliate with/provide links to other wikis on here, but I'd like to make a couple points in favor of this:
- We get a considerable number of users coming to the wiki and the Discussions tab who are looking for a roleplaying site, which is different enough from the fanfiction wiki that we ARE affiliated with/linking to already that I think it warrants a dedicated link of its own.
- The Hunter X Hunter wiki is affiliated with its own version of this forum; I know we don't do things just because other wikis do, but that does provide precedent.
- As far as I can tell, the people involved with this project seem to be well-organized, decent, and experienced, so I don't think we'd have to worry about this reflecting badly on us for affiliation - additionally, it actually does link to this wiki for explanations about Hollows and other concepts from the series, so this would be mutually beneficial.
- Support - I don't see why not.--Xilinoc (talk) 23:48, 2 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - The rules seem solid (and something I wish were adopted by more fanfic/etc communities. Obviosly casual glance at the site doesnt show if thereve been any problems with it but I think its fair to assume they'd handle any issues well enough given what Ive seen. ~~Ууp <talk> 11:50, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - An unconventional request, and personally not my cup of tea. But neither of those things are reasons to deny it and I have to ultimately agree with Xil's logic.
- Support - I think it would be nice to embrace the fandom part of Bleach a bit more and as Yyp stated, they seem to have a good operation going. I fully support this. 00:22, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - I think this would definitely be mutually rewarding. I also agree with Xil's arguments. FutureEeveeKing13 (talk) 00:23, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - Same as others
Affiliation Request: The Amagi
Well, I've got another unorthodox affiliation request for us to consider. I was contacted in the Discord server by a scriptwriter for this YouTube channel, called "The Amagi", for proofreading of a script for a future video going over the basics of Bleach in anticipation of the anime returning. As it turns out, the writer read our articles to inform himself on the series (having never watched or read it), and furthermore, this channel already has a couple affiliations/partnerships with other wikis, where the content of said wiki is presented by the script narrator for a given video while the wiki's name and logo are shown on-screen in the video as attribution/to generate publicity; given that these videos are getting 100k+ views each, that's no small amount of people being sent our way (and given how many other "Bleach Wikis" are out there with much, much less content but equal standing/legitimacy in the eyes of FANDOM, it would be nice to have such a large source directly credit us for their videos on the material). So let's vote on it.--Xilinoc (talk) 08:25, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - For the reasons outlined above, I personally wouldn't mind the wiki getting more recognition for its content by the internet at large.--Xilinoc (talk) 08:25, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - Seems like an interesting enough channel (I'll watch some videos when I have the time), and if it gets us more recognition I don't see any reason to object.
PS: I didn't know there were that many Bleach wikis out there... Timjer (talk) 08:44, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - Sounds like a good idea. And kudos to them for their work and linking back to wikis. ~~Ууp <talk> 10:57, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - They definitely get credit for asking us first. I'm definitely on board with this. FutureEeveeKing13 (talk) 13:45, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support - Oh I support this 100%
- Support - Cool idea, I like branching out.