|Welcome to the Anime Summary Unit|
Anime Summary Unit
The Anime Summary Unit is a group of Bleach Wiki users who have the task to complete and improve the anime episodes of Bleach. Provided are a list of episodes from a specific story arc that are in need of completion. All users should read our Article Guidelines before you start improving.
Roles of the Anime Summary Unit
The following are the duties of the Unit:
- To complete incomplete summaries.
- To elaborate, link, and proofread episodes.
- To make sure that the list of characters in each episode is correctly placed from the order in which they appeared and that each character is listed.
- To add missing or incomplete Powers & Abilities used in the specific episode.
- To assure that all translations for the Powers & Abilities section are accurate, up-to-date and properly added.
- To add any missing fight to episodes.
- To add images from the anime to illustrate the episodes.
These are the Guidelines to keep in mind when writing summaries and they are also things that might be helpful if you writing an episode summary for the very first time. They are also designed to comply with wiki best practice.
This section is a work in progress. Please feel free to add your own suggestions, tips and tricks.
1. The episode summary is not supposed to be a substitute for actually watching the episode. As such, there is no need to give minute details of everything that's happening. This includes battles. There is a project that is going to have battle details, so every part of the fight does not need to be stated. Remember, it is a summary only.
2. Please keep in mind that this is a wiki and so please do not speculate or write in an opinionated/leading manner when writing the episode summary. Just describe things as they unfold, and when in doubt, go for neutral tone and wording.
3. Links - please consider providing one where you think that the reader of the summary might want more information on either a character or a term.
4. Please do not forget to fill in the other episode details when, before, or after editing the summary, such as the characters in order of appearance list and the powers and techniques list.
5. In the summary we should only include what happened in the episode. Recaps and Previews from the previous episode(s) and for the next episode are not to be added.
Characters in order of appearance
To list characters, use the wikitext #[[Character Name]]
For the most part, characters that don't have their own articles here won't be listed as a character on this list, with a few exceptions.
- Onmitsukidō agents (part of the Reversal Counter Force) often deliver messages throughout Seireitei and, as recurring characters, should be counted.
- Orihime's Shun Shun Rikka (the six fairies that make up her hairpins) should only be counted as characters if they appear and contribute significant dialog. There's no need to list them every time she uses her powers. If they do have dialog, they must be listed individually by name (see link above).
- Bount Dolls that are summoned will not be listed as characters, they will be listed in the "Powers and Techniques section."
- Manifested Zanpakutō spirits will be listed as characters. Tōjū that have significant roles, dialog, and can be distinguished will also be listed, however, Tōjū that are indistinguishable or irrelevant will not.
- Common Hollows will not be listed as characters unless they have names and/or are distinguishable enough to be either be given their own article or a spot on the List of Hollows. Arrancar will always be considered characters.
- For Reigai, simply follow the example of the existing pages, seen at this link.
Each episode should have a "Fights" section between "Characters in order of appearance" and "Powers and Techniques used."
Fights should be listed chronologically (in the order that they happened or began in that particular episode) and organized using bullets by typing an asterisk ( * ) before the name of the fight. They should be set to default size, not bold or italicized, and should be linked to the appropriate fight page. When a fight concludes, add "(concluded)" to that particular episode to indicate that the fight ends in that episode. If there are no fights in an episode, put "None" in the Fights section.
For example, a proper listing for Episode 39 would look like:
and for Episode 40:
- Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Kenpachi Zaraki (concluded)
What is a fight and what's not?
- A "fight" will be considered to be the time from the initiation to the end of physical combat between at least 2 opponents in present time. They must be considered serious contests. Training sessions, petty brawls, and flashbacks to previous fights will not be listed as fights.
- If opponents physically engage in combat during an episode, it should be listed in the section as a fight.
- If opponents physically engage each other (i.e. clash swords) moments before an episode ends, add the appropriate fight to the list. If opponents are talking or moving to engage without making contact and the episode ends just before they clash, do not add it to the fights list.
- If a fight (or the conclusion of a fight) carries on to the next episode, list it on the next episode summary as well, and so on until the fight ends.
- If a fight concludes but a winner/loser or draw is not clearly established or is uncertain, continue the fight into the next episode summary and add "(concluded)" after the name of the fight.
Powers and Techniques used
To aid you in writing the powers & techniques section, here is an example of what it should look like. If there are no powers or techniques used, just write "None" under the heading. A couple of points that need clarifying:
- Orihime's Shun Shun Rikka & Sado's arm (& its various forms) are not techniques (rather they are powers), while Santen Kesshun etc. and El Directo are techniques.
- Bakkōtō and Dolls should be listed in the same style as the Zanpakutō.
- Things like the Senkaimon would be best not included in this section. Instead the links should be provided in the Synopsis.
- Hollow powers such as Cero or Garganta should be labeled under "Hollow techniques" because they are available to all Hollows and Arrancar in general, while techniques like Gran Rey Cero and Negación are unique to certain classes of Hollows and Arrancar and should be listed with "Techniques used."
- The only time Zanjutsu should be mentioned as a technique is if there were no other techniques used in the episode.
- For techniques etc. that have Spanish or other meanings as well as the Japanese meaning, only list the Kanji and English translation to minimize clutter. Further info on the Spanish etc. can be found by clicking on the link.
- Since Ichigo's Shikai is permanently released, it should be noted the first time it was released, but there's no need to list it every time he appears with it on his back.
- The name of Kenpachi's Zanpakutō is unknown and it is permanently released, so it needs no mentioning unless the name is discovered, in which case it also needs only to be mention the first time.
- List powers like Ganju's, Don Kanonji's, and the three mod-souls (Ririn, Noba, Kurōdo) with "Other powers."
The Powers and Techniques used sections should follow the example in the Show/Hide tags below, like the character pages follow the Layout Guide:
Episodes Being Worked On
These two episodes have little to no meaningful summary. A proper summary needs to be added, keeping within the guidelines above - it is just a summary not a word for word account of what happens in the episode.
- Inauguration! The Brand New 2nd Division Captain!
- Reigai vs. Original, The Fierce Fighting for Gambled Pride!
- Getting Overhauled Including Many Images
- Uryū is Attacked, A Threat Draws Near the Friends!
- Fullbring, The Detested Power!
- Tsukishima Attacks! The Training Has Been Thwarted
- Ichigo, Mastering the Fullbring!
- Getting Updated Including Images
- The Shinigami Enter Battle! Seireitei Also Has a New Year Special!
- Creeping Menace...Tsukishima's Ability!
- Clash?! Xcution Attacks Ginjō
- The Sorrowful Battle! Ichigo vs. Sado & Orihime!
- Ichigo vs Uryū?! Who is the Traitor?!
- Ichigo vs. Ginjō! The Secret of the Substitute Badge
Current/Alternate Arc: Finished Episodes
|Completed Episodes Archive|
The episodes here have been labeled as finished, but could still have a missing or inaccurate detail and must not be removed until the Projected Finish Date; and even then, only an Administrator or Seated Member is allowed to do this.