"You finished already? Now, that's just no good, Izuru Kira! But then, I guess, faced with my Águila, it's only natural."
Unlike other Arrancar, Abirama does not wear a jacket, leaving the numerous red tattoos across his chest exposed. He wears two white sleeves on his wrists, a white hakama, a white breechcloth, and a black sash around his waist. He has long black hair, and the remains of his Hollow mask takes the form of a beak-like helmet atop his head. His Hollow hole is not visible, and he has dark gold eyes.
He is extremely violent, impulsive, rude and impatient. Before engaging in battle, he performs a ritual, which consists of him screaming all the things he is going to do to his opponent while demanding they do the same as a way to psyche each other out: if they do not do comply, he will become annoyed and angrily scold them. Like his fellow Fracción, he holds his master Baraggan Louisenbairn in high regard, referring to him as "his majesty". He has very little restraint in battle, releasing his Zanpakutō without launching even a single attack prior.
Fake Karakura Town arc
Along with Baraggan Louisenbairn and his other Fracción, Abirama arrives in the fake Karakura Town to do battle with the Gotei 13. After Sōsuke Aizen, Gin Ichimaru, and Kaname Tōsen are trapped by Captain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto's Shikai, Baraggan snaps his fingers, and Abirama and his other Fracción bring him his throne.
After discovering the four pillars which are keeping the real Karakura Town in Soul Society and having four Hollows sent by Findorr Calius to destroy them killed, Baraggan sends a member of his Fracción, including Abirama, to each pillar to destroy them, stating if they are going to guard them using "ants", he will just have to send "dragons" to crush them. Abirama is sent to fight against Izuru Kira. Screaming about how he is going to kill Izuru, Abirama, noticing Izuru watching him, demands to know why he is not doing this as well. When Izuru asks what he is talking about, Abirama explains his ritual and redoes it while encouraging Izuru to do the same. When Izuru says he sees no reason to perform such a ritual, Abirama states that he ended up with a coward and introduces himself to Izuru. When Izuru introduces himself as the lieutenant of the 3rd Division, Abirama notes that he used to be under Gin and claims he must have abandoned Soul Society because he had a coward like Izuru for a lieutenant. After Izuru cuts his cheek and tells him to not use Gin's name lightly around him, a pleased Abirama notes he can fight, even with such a melancholy face.
Noting this is the face he wants to see, Abirama, stating this is Izuru's "battle face", draws his Zanpakutō and, claiming he will erase it, enters his Resurrección. Later, breaking Izuru's barrier, Abirama expresses his disappointment and states it is to be expected when facing Águila. Telling Izuru to not think his feathers are ordinary, he reveals they are made of steel. After Izuru uses Hadō #58. Tenran, Abirama sees Izuru has escaped into the building he was standing on. Using Devorar Pluma to him out, Abirama throws more feathers at Izuru when he jumps through a window. As his feathers destroy the telephone poles around Izuru, Abirama criticizes him for trying to hide. Stating he does not know if Izuru is trying to come up with a plan, Abirama states he won't let him and draws blood along one of the tattoos on his chest, causing him to grow another pair of wings. Diving at Izuru, Abirama destroys part of the building, but then notices Izuru is hiding once again. Seeing Izuru in the smoke, Abirama asks if the attack had caught his legs.
When Izuru states Abirama helped him by attacking him directly, Abirama asks what use his oddly-shaped Zanpakutō is to him, but topples over. As his wings sink into the ground, Abirama wonders what is going on. When Izuru explains the ability of Wabisuke, Abirama states it is an underhanded way for a warrior to fight. Explaining the philosophy of his division and how his Zanpakutō adheres to it the most, Izuru places the end of Wabisuke over Abirama's neck. When Abirama asks him to wait, Izuru, telling him a warrior does not beg, decapitates him.
Powers & Abilities
Águila (空戦鷲 (アギラ), Agira; Spanish for "Eagle", Japanese for "Air-Battle Eagle"): Its sealed form is a standard-sized red katana, which has an oval-shaped guard with a protrusion on four sides.
- Resurrección: Its release command is Scalp (頂を削れ, Itadaki o kezure; Viz "Scrape the summit"). In his released form, he has a white eagle's head, which has his mouth visible inside the beak, with black streaks running down it, and his black hair extends to his lower back. His body is covered in red feathers, and his arms and feet become bird-like with sharp talons. He gains large bird wings on his back, which allows him to fly at great speed and his exposed chest is covered in various tattoo markings.
- Resurrección Special Ability: In this form, Abirama gains several new abilities.
- Flight: Abirama is able to use his wings for flight.
- Enhanced Strength: After his wings are struck four time by Kira's Wabisuke, increasing their weight sixteen fold, Abirama is powerful enough to rise up again and continue fighting.
- Devorar Pluma (餓翼連砲 (デボラル・プルーマ), Deboraru Purūma; Spanish for "Devouring Feather", Japanese for "Hungry Wing Rapid-Fire Gun"): Abirama's wings can shoot feathers, but unlike normal feathers, these are as heavy as steel and can regenerate rapidly after being tossed. He can fire them with extreme accuracy, be it directly at the target or the surrounding area. They are strong enough to pierce through building structures with ease.
- Devorar Erupcion (噴血餓相 (デボラル・エルプシオン), Deboraru Erupushion; Spanish for "Devouring Eruption", Japanese for "Blood-Spuming Rapacity"): Abirama can split his wings into two pairs for increased maneuverability by slicing along his chest tattoos with his talons to draw spiritually energized blood, allowing for the alteration. This gives him a more intricate and detailed mask.
Appearances in Other Media
|Video Game Appearances|
- Abirama is playable in Bleach: Brave Souls in his Resurrección, Águila. In this form, Abirama is a ranged normal attack character with the "Technique" Attribute and the "Espada Killer" ability whose second Strong Attack is similar to a Cero. He has two Innate Skills built in at ★5: "Weaken Immunity" and "Sprinter +1", and his unlockable skills are "Party Technique Attribute Arrancar Normal Attack Damage +20%", "Berserker +50%", "Bruiser +60%", "Flurry +1", "Guard Break", "Killer Effect +30%/+50% in Guild Quests", "Poise", and "Ranged Damage +10%/30% in Guild Quests", while his Soul Trait is "Normal Attack Damage +30%". Meanwhile, his Arena Traits are "Damage Taken -10%" and "Attack +45", while his Arena Abilities other than "All Stats +5%" are "Normal Attack Damage +10%" at level 5 and "Normal Attack Damage +20%" at level 10. Abirama's special is Devorar Pluma (デボラル・プルーマ, Deboraru Purūma; Spanish for "Devouring Feather"), where he unleashes a barrage of feathers as hard and heavy as steel that inflict immense damage.
- Abirama made his first video game appearance in Soul Carnival 2. He can be unlocked as a support character by finding him and Izuru Kira in the fake Karakura Town, though their battle is not actually shown.
- Devorar Pluma ranked 56th and Águila ranked 64th in the first Zanpakutō poll.
- In the second best bout poll, Abirama's fight with Izuru Kira ranked 18th.
- (To Izuru Kira) "Third Division? The hell... you're Gin Ichimaru's man, huh? Oh, I see. I'd heard how he just left you behind in Soul Society, but I get it now. Who the hell wouldn't want to leave behind a useless piece of shit like-"
- (To Izuru Kira) "Ain't that just dandy. That's the kind of face I like to see. That's what I call a fightin' face."
- (To Izuru Kira) "You finished already? Now, that's just no good, Izuru Kira! But then, I guess, faced with my Águila, it's only natural."
- (To Izuru Kira) "Playing tricks on me, huh? That's pretty dirty. And you call yourself a true warrior?!"
- Bleach Official Character Book UNMASKED, character file 94
- Bleach manga; Chapter 319, pages 16-17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 319, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 320, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 320, pages 3-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 315, pages 10-11
- Bleach; manga; Chapter 318, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 319, pages 6-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 319, pages 15-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 320, pages 3-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 322, pages 17-19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 323, pages 3-21
- Bleach manga; Chapter 324, page 1
- Bleach anime; Episode 218
- Bleach manga; Chapter 322, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 322, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 323, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 323, pages 8-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 323, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 323, pages 11-12
- 13 BLADEs., page 255
- Bleach manga; Chapter 319, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 322, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 323, page 19